Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#276 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 5:19 PM
Ok been doing some work on the Mancini house and thats almost finished so i started working on a different house that we may be able to use

i think i did a pretty good job with it

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#277 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 11:02 PM
Nice house! The facade and the roof could be reworked to be more attractive, less plain. I'm not sure of the windows and the floor either.
Field Researcher
#278 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 11:46 PM
Thanks Lana i can change it up to look more prettier and will also change the floors

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
#279 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 8:05 PM
I love the colors you've chosen for the Mancini house, Tasia. Those flowers, the fence and the yellow fountain in the backyard are quite pleasing to the eye. By the way, I took a shot of the business center I'm working on. It's just the front exterior for now but I'll take more as I build.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#280 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 8:20 PM
Looks good charming You could maybe divide it to make 2 buildings in one. for example the middle and left part would be the business center and the right part would be the adjoining newspaper or the contrary or else. It will fit better since the rug rabbit hole replacement is going to make it have the 2 anyway, and it should also allow you to be less symmetrical and add some interesting shape to it.
Forum Resident
#281 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 11:25 PM
Sorry for my late respons. I've been ill and haven't been behind the computer for a couple of days.

Tasia, the house is gorgeous! You can really see that you put love and dedication into the cast-work. The colors and textures are beautiful! :lovestruc I'm not too sure about the carpet on the 2nd floor plus I would love to see the house have some dormers.

Charming, that's a beautiful building! Maybe you could find a way to make it a little less symetrical, like Lana said. But it's a great start!
Wiki Wizard
#282 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 11:43 PM
I'm going to finish the main mansion this weekend and hopefully start to rebuild the antique shop!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Retired
retired moderator
#283 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 5:53 AM
Could we put all building on hold while I work out what kind of lot sizes don't break the roads, and whether I can actually get totally flat lots for the buildings we've already done. A big ask, I know, but it's looking more and more necessary.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Wiki Wizard
#284 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 8:37 AM
That is absolutely fine, we are in no rush to complete this project, and we would rather do it right the first time around We always knew this would be a possibility so don't worry

Retired
retired moderator
#285 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 8:59 AM
Cool. Thanks guys. I should have all the roads done by the end of the weekend, NZ time, which is probably very early morning Sunday if many of you are in the other hemisphere up there.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#286 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:58 PM
As DD said, don't worry, we knew it. Sunday would be great but if you realize you need more time it's ok too We'll wait for you as much as you need.
Retired
retired moderator
#287 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 10:11 AM
Painting might take more time than that, but I want to have the lots sizes and roads correct and confirmed as soon as possible.

Wiki Wizard
#288 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:14 PM
Ok sounds good, just let us know when you're finished, i think a few lots like the museum took a long time and the creators would really appreciate if you could try and keep those to the same size, but if not then there is not much we can do :/

Retired
retired moderator
#289 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:59 PM
Yep, I'm aiming to get as many lots as I can both the right sizes for what we have, as flat as possible (because adding lots built on differently leveled land in CAW can cause terrain glitches), and in appropriate parts of town.

Wiki Wizard
#290 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 4:52 PM
Ok that sounds good, when you have finalised lots on the NH, then package it and post it here, even if the rest of the NH and decorations is not complete, it would be good to all have a copy of the NH with the right lots, so we can built them in game on the right terrain, so when we all share them and add them to the NH, they will fit perfectly Also just wanted to note that the antique centre i made is being scraped, i don't mind what size it is, the smaller the better

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#291 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 5:22 PM
Couldn't have said it better. So from now on, I'm going to have to say: What DD said... :P
Wiki Wizard
#292 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 7:40 PM
you can't avoid loving my very long way of saying things XD

Retired
retired moderator
#293 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:00 AM
Can we make an lots that are currently 20x25 into 20x30? It's easier to work that size into streets alongside the other standardised sizes (I guess that's why they use them).

Museum is fine. Town hall is good. The Market plaza is very small, but I should be able to work it into the port area with a small market by the sea.

#294 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:16 AM Last edited by CharmingFirewaller : 21st Mar 2010 at 2:43 PM.
I know it's late, but thanks for the feedback on the business center, everyone. I'll do my best to make it less symmetrical and maybe add architectural features akin to Spanish buildings. It's going to take a while, though, since I've been awfully busy lately and I just have a lot to deal with offline.

Again, I'm so sorry and even though it may take a while, I will get around to finishing it eventually.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#295 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 2:40 PM
Don't worry about it Charming , rl takes priority

Kiwi-tea, the 20x25 concerns lots made by me, the one that Charming is building. I'll see what is going to fit where but for now and for me, I can already tell you that I should be able to adapt them. I've already looked at your plan for the town center and the city hall that is a 25x20 would fit better on a 25x30 like n.3 (he looks best with a square in front and something else behind since it's a door) and 16/17 for the library. Then the 25x20 (n.12) could be used by the school? I will probably have to remake my starter in a smaller lot though. The museum would look great in the n.10 in fact. Maybe you could turn the 18 into a residential to replace the one we would have turned into a community? Am I making sense?

For the market plaza, it's just a draft so don't hesitate if you want to make it a tad bit bigger.
Lab Assistant
#296 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 4:53 PM
I just found something useful in terms of interior decoration:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/137889...57616044894523/ it's a set of a full Italian house, my guess is for tourists, but it has nice colour schemes and all that might be useful
Wiki Wizard
#297 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:17 PM
Ok working in some houses for the port, so i guess i am claiming these three lots lol, atm they are all the same house that i am working on, but i will be altering them so they are all different, but have the same theme Tell me what you think!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#298 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:28 PM
Thanks for the link, unlikely

DD, I love it :lovestruc I would maybe have put some herb/dirt under the trees but other than that it has the warm mediterranean feeling, and the structure is interesting. Can't wait to see how you're going to differentiate them a bit while keeping the theme.
Wiki Wizard
#299 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 8:20 PM
Ah the trees are because i haven't done the landscaping fully yet, there is no plants or windows on the back of the house yet XD lol, but i will get round to it tomorrow hopefully

Retired
retired moderator
#300 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 1:05 AM
Keep in mind most of the references we're using are for upper and middle class homes. There are a lot of very bare and run down but very beautiful traditional italian homes. Are we having any of those?

Page 12 of 51