Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Iron - Three Totally Custom Designed prosthetic arms and a robotic skin detail!

by Arisuka Posted 17th Aug 2010 at 2:59 AM - Updated 30th Mar 2011 at 3:54 PM by Arisuka : Added a left version

125 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 84 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
#76 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 10:27 AM
Really lovely! I do seem to have a problem that I can't figure out though: For example, my Sim can have this on his left arm in Everyday wear, but when I try it in the other categories of clothes, it will only appear on his right arm. Am I just derpy or is this a boo-boo?

Thanks!
Test Subject
#77 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 3:49 PM
Can you make a Full robot skin? : D
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsBoyPL
Can you make a Full robot skin? : D

I think there is one of that kind around already, in another site called Garden of shadows. Check their skin category out, it should be there.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#79 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 6:06 AM
This is wonderful! It shows how much hard work you put into it. Thanks so much :D
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 11:44 AM
This is horribly delayed and may go ignored. I might also be blind/stupid on this one...

But...

For some reason, this never works for me. It shows up in the game and obviously knows which arm it's supposed to be applying itself to, but no matter which prosthetic I choose, the texture is of a wrist-length black leather glove, with the rest of the area textured flat black.

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening and Google hasn't provided any answers yet.

Any clues? Anybody else with this problem?

I'd LOOOOVE to use these, but they just look silly with this bug!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 1:20 PM
Luminance

You must recolor it with create-a-style tool, like you recolor clothing etc. That's it, it's not a bug.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:07 PM

I tried clicking a different kind of metal and it works now.

... Whyyyyy XD;

How totally weird. Okay, thank you. XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 11th May 2011 at 5:58 PM
Thank You. I Need This!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 14th May 2011 at 9:51 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist For The Win

Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#85 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 8:17 PM
Thank You So Much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 5:55 PM
Thaaaaanks *_* Now we can make Edward on Sims 3!
Test Subject
#87 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 5:32 PM
I just had to re-install my sims game because I had to get a new hard drive cuz my other one crashed on me and I just re-downloaded these, but it's been awhile since I've used this site that I forgot how to get the package files to install.

I extracted the .rar file and put it into the download folder in my documents under the sims 3 directory, but I can't get them to show up in the sims launch window where it shows uploads. Is there something that I missed or didn't do right? Please help me, because I'm a really huge FMA fan and I love putting automail on all of my sims.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 8:06 PM
suigin118 Here are instructions for that.
Test Subject
#89 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
suigin118 Here are instructions for that.

I've read over the instructions and apparently I'm a totally idiot, because where all of my other stuff has a sims icon beside it, these that I've downloaded have a blank icon. I don't know if my game is not updating or if I'm doing something wrong. I know I've made these work before, but I'm having a total duh moment.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 9:14 PM
suigin118 There are two types of custom content files for TS3. Those with the sims icon but also, there are the other type of files that we call package files which have a different icon (blank one). I linked you the instructions for installing package files, but I'm assuming that you didn't notice that the instructions continue at the bottom of the page, here.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#91 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 3:46 PM
I actually love you Arisuka! But maybe not as much as the Elric Brothers.

This makes me a step closer to making Edward in my game. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 7:10 PM
Hello. I was following your CC list, and looking for the hat on the red haired female sim, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on Rosesims site, I've been checking out the accessories and the hair areas. I was wondering if you might remember where on the site you got it?
Field Researcher
#93 Old 20th May 2012 at 9:57 PM
Great! Could you possibly make an arm with a hook hand for pirates and the like?

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 24th May 2012 at 3:41 AM
I had been wanting a robotic right arm for one specific sim ever since I first got the game.
Thanks SO MUCH this is perfect for him!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 12:23 AM
I love it! THanks for sharing! I saw you even made the left robotic hand... it's possible to have the left arm too? Even both at the same time? (my post apocalyptic character had a big accident! XD)
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 4:32 PM
MarsW That's not possible, sorry. It's because you can't simply just enable it for the left hand, because of the way that texture files of the game have been made. :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 4:33 PM
i sthere a zip version of these?
i don't use rar files anymore
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 4:09 PM
wizkid770 Sorry, no .zip files available of these. I recommend downloading a newer version of WinRar, as these days it should support both .zip and .rar files!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#99 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 10:43 AM
Do you have one for a prosthetic leg? My dad has one and I want to make a "sim" me and my sim dad. Thanks!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 1:03 PM
melb623 Sorry, I haven't got those. I don't think there are any other prosthetic limbs made by other creators either. :/
Page 4 of 6