Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#276 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:31 PM
Nollem, this is a challenge, as part of a game, the sims2. You don't have to take part in the challenge if you don't want to.

What I want you to do is to stop posting ridiculously long posts that are rambling on about obscure points. It's a well thought out challenge made with real care, and if you want to make a point (or even several) keep it/them concise.

If I see more of those kind of posts from you in this thread I shall delete them.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Advertisement
Instructor
#277 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:54 AM
Thanks for putting a stop to this, Leesester, and I for one, wish you would just go ahead and delete all the recent highly disrespectful and offensive posts now. No one should be subjected to this kind of harrassment on Mod The Sims. No serious Sims player (or otherwise) would do this, and this "player" is not here to enjoy the camaraderie of other Sims players anyway, but merely to attack someone else's excellent work.
I am so sorry to see you subjected to this, M3g7e -- it is a poor and pitiable attack, and you don't deserve it.

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Banned
#278 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:35 AM
I guess I got a little too carried away with the list of the rules of the challenge and the challenge creator's insistence that "there are no rules" and "that it's more of a play-style". Yes, I do agree that the challenge is well thought-out; however, what really irks me is that some parts of the challenge are just not practical, and I would like to voice out my opinion on it. I know, I know -- I should know when to say the words in my head and when to not say words from my head. I have to admit that I can be a very blunt honest person, and sometimes I can say things that can get people upset simply because I don't know how to re-arrange my words properly or censor my thoughts. In addition, one of my pet peeves is historical inaccuracy, and I got annoyed at the indulgence part, because the indulgence part latently made the challenge extremely biased against Roman Catholics. If I were doing a religion in The Sims 2 game, I would not base a religion on a real religion; people can easily be offended by that. I would take ideas from EA's religion from The Sims Medieval or invent my own.

In the end, though, silence is golden. Sometimes, it's best to accept this principle: "if you don't like something, then don't make a big deal out of it."
Test Subject
#279 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:15 PM
Without all the "rules questions"... i've updated my website !

I want to excuse myself because i've got a lot of problems with my data recording! The program i use has made a lot of crashes and i've lost all my datas So i've tried to remind myself the RF of my sims and write them back...

All is good now and i present you 3 stories :
The Brodien family who are serfs (rank 1). They are orchardist.

The Laumier family have a famous Pub in St-Martin. They are merchants family (rank 3)

The Penderic family are woodcutters (rank 1).

The realm has evolved with a lot of changes, that you can see here!

In the next update, i will concentrate myself on the de Eosia, de Velay and Folmer families!

Have a good reading
Instructor
Original Poster
#280 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:42 PM
Good Stuff here Louhema, I really enjoyed reading
I'm sorry to hear about your data being lost! So annoying I know how much trouble record keeping can be! I like the way you are posting the RF/CF pts on each family page--makes it really neat to see each family's progress. A good idea. I had thought I would post this on the website, but so far haven't found it easy/useful to do so. Maybe sometime ... as I said I do have an Access database for my records. (And there was an Excel spreadsheet created for Warwickshire, but it is apparently no longer available. I had a copy on my laptop, but alas it died and had to be wiped, so I lost it. I don't know if it is still available anywhere, or if anyone has one they'd like to upload.

I have often thought I should make a clean database for Warwickshire. It's a back burner project for now. My knowledge is severely limited and my time is even more constrained, but over the summer ... I will keep this in my thoughts.

I think Guntor is going to prove an interesting sim to play. lol
I'm also very happy to see that Hermine survived her second birth. It's horrible to lose a young mother, but it's happened

You have so many great pics! I feel so convicted that I am so slow with updating, etc. This weekend I am grading, but I have started the Smith family pages on the website. Profile pics are loaded, and I will try to get character profiles as soon as possible.

You've got a really nice feel to your site. I love the progress of your nh.
Instructor
#281 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:23 PM
Well, I'm back ^^ And I'm actually happy to see so much activity in this thread since my last post (I'm always excited when someone else starts playing this challenge and shares his/her stories with us).

louhema, I adore your website ^^ It keeps me busy almost everyday, always checking for new stories there ^^ I admire you for how ... right you're playing this game (I admit, I can't play by the rules most of the time ^^" but i stick to the general idea of the challenge ).Please share more of your progress with us and don't forget to have fun ^^ Also, thank you very much for the link where I can download that tree ^^ It's amazing and perfect for this challenge.

M3g7e, I'm glad to see you updated your website too ^^ I can't wait to read more stories from your neighbourhoods ^^ As I said before, Margaret Dernier is my favorite character, but I still have a soft spot for Alysone White and I want to know what happened to her.

I just finished updating my blog too (we kind of to synchronized, don't you think? ^^ ) and I must say that I'm relieved that I finally reached year 1620 with the Peyrac family (I played two times before with them and my game crashed and I had to start all over again).They're one of my favorite families and I couldn't wait to write what I prepared for them.For now I don't have any new ideas for this household, but I'm sure there will be something (if not now, maybe for the next generation).
But I still have lots of crazy ideas for my game, so ... be prepared (that's why I love this challenge my mind can go and I can play every new strange idea that pops into my head)
Test Subject
#282 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 6:08 PM
Thank you lady scarlet and Heloise i'm happy to know that you like my website i've done a good work this week-end and there is a new update available, you can find it here :

http://haudecourtkingdom.weebly.com/index.html

Scarlet, I'm going to read your blog For my data problem, the program i use has been updated and now it works great. But i will never forget to backup my datas now

Have a good reading!!
Test Subject
#283 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 12:23 PM
I've also finally gotten around to making my challenge kind of ready, and though it's not even close to be done, and I haven't even put up the first part of the story yet, you can visit my kingdom at www.eneria.weebly.com (:
Instructor
#284 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 1:08 PM
Fnus welcome here ^^ I'm glad to see some new people taking up this challenge and sharing their stories and ideas with us ^^ (and I'm sure most of the people from this thread share my opinion)
I really like your website and I also have to say your sims look wonderful ^^ (I think I already have some favorites), so I can't wait to read how your game advances and what will happen to them.

Well, I think that's it for now.Keep playing & writing we will keep reading & reviewing ^^

Now that the weekend comes I hope I will have some more time to play, because I can't wait to finish this rotation (I still have to play with one or two more families and I also have to build a new manor somewhere in the neighbourhood for one of my lady's future husband).
I resumed reading one of my favorite series of books (about the French Renaissance period) and I already have some new ideas for my game (for example I just realized that my Princesses don't have a title >.> I know it doesn't sound important, but it makes things a little more interesting - and complicated too - for me ; even if my stories and my game-style aren't exactly historically-accurate most of the time, because I just love combining different people from different historical periods).
Test Subject
#285 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 3:33 PM
Thanks Lady Scarlet (: I found the challenge ages ago, and also kinda started, but I hadn't really made all my excel sheets for instance, so I never really felt ready before, but now it's time to give it a real shot.

I'm just not sure how I'll do the whole story/challenge thing in one go, since I think people would be confused if the *story* (if I decide to keep on having one) revolved around all the sims.. So far I haven't even put them all up on the website, and I think there are like, 80 +, so.. I'm thinking I might do to separate things, so I have a storyline that focuses on some sims, and then a challenge part where I post updates on *all* the families.. But we'll see!

And speaking of that, I have the first installment of the story up, even though it's just a little short one. (:
Instructor
Original Poster
#286 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 4:42 PM
Hi, Fnus--I recognize Eneria from PBK--good to see you here!

Feels like a big happy party now!!!
Test Subject
#287 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 4:56 PM
Hehe, yes, in 'Lady F', the F stands for Fnus. I'm so original! (:
Instructor
#288 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 8:45 PM
Fnus, I really like your story and I can't wait to read more ^^

I also updated my blog with a new story, still from the same round (even if I started playing the 1620-1624 round).This time Athelina d'Albon married a countryside seigneur, Barron René de Lorraine and had her first baby, Jacqueline.

I plan to write more (I already have the pictures for a new chapter), this time about two young teenagers with big dreams who will suffer a disillusion once they arrive in Paris.

Well, what else can I say? ^^ louhema, M3g7e and M3g7e, I can't wait to read more of your stories =^.^=
Instructor
Original Poster
#289 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 9:08 PM
Ooo!! I have a break coming up week after next when I shall have time to catch up on everyone's stories and perhaps write some of my own. Margaret Dernier's wedding is approaching, and there are many more families to update. I've been playing and picture taking, so I hope to have some time to update the site soon!

(for now, back to grading .... )
Test Subject
#290 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 8:00 PM
Might start this challenge soon. Wish me luck! And wow, the rules are really detailed!
Test Subject
#291 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:35 AM
Rachel, happy to see new face here :lovestruc If you plan to write a website or a blog about your challenge, we will be happy to read it
Instructor
Original Poster
#292 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 5:51 PM
Hi Rachel! Good to meet you!
I look forward to hearing your stories--and don't worry too much about the "rules"--most of them are designed to set up the structure. When playing anything is still possible!
Instructor
#293 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 2:41 PM
Welcome here, Rachel ^^ Nice to meet you.I'm glad to see some new faces trying this challenge.Maybe you will share with us some of your stories & pictures & impressions.As I have said before (and I always say this to newcomers), don't worry about the rules.You don't have to play by the book, you just have to have fun playing this challenge.

Well, I'm back too and now that the weekend is here I want to read more stories, so ... please be openhanded with the updated ^^
I wrote two new posts too, because now I have some more families (the children grew up and got married, had children of their own) and I had to make their profiles.Now that there will be some more characters it will be kind of complicated to keep track of everything XD I have to find a new method that won't take me too much time >.>
Well, enjoy ^^

http://dark-ages-stories.blogspot.com
Instructor
Original Poster
#294 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 5:34 PM
I love all the updates, Lady Scarlet! You have been very busy!!

First--poor Haiete! I am sorry to see she is become embittered! She has had a hard life, poor thing. I hope her children will cheer her, but she does not even seem happy holding her little daughter.

I am especially intrigued by Alesia's story though--and I know she is quite glad to have Symmone out of her way. I wonder, though if she will be able to keep Joffrey interested. He is quite a lady's man, I think.

I have a soft spot for Jenne too--Junien seems to be awful to live with. It is good that he is calmed later, and perhaps her struggles will get better, too.
Instructor
#295 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 9:04 PM
Well, I wanted some diversity in my game, so there have to be some bad people too (not evil ... just a little different from my first generation characters).Initially I didn't want Haiete to play this role, but it just happened.Well, she never had an easy life, so ... I'm sure I'll come with some new ideas for her (the next chapter will be about Haiete and Renost).About her children ... well, I wouldn't bet on that ^^" They're too poor to raise those children and ... there are gonna be some more children >.> And Haiete won't be too happy about it, especially now that her husband started hitting the bottle a little too often, mostly after he gets his wage.

Yes, I really wanted to get rid of Symonne and I can't believe how good things turned out for her.And Joffrey really loves Alesia, so ... I think her story will end here with that cliche "happily ever after" ... Or maybe ... I don't know.I'll come with something ... I'm sure ^^ (I don't want to make everything a little too Anne Golon-like ^^" I already borrowed many of her ideas ... )

And Jenne ... I don't know ... Maybe something bad will happen to him ... *evil grin* I really don't know ...

Thank you again for reading ^^
Test Subject
#296 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 9:15 PM
When I have some more time I'll catch up on your story too, Lady Scarlet, but! A happily ever after ending is *never* bad! Those are the kind I like the most. xD
Instructor
#297 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fnus
When I have some more time I'll catch up on your story too, Lady Scarlet, but! A happily ever after ending is *never* bad! Those are the kind I like the most. xD

Well, thank you very much ^^ It's nice to see that there are people who read my stories ^^
I can't wait to hear your opinions
Test Subject
#298 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 3:01 PM
Lady Scarlet, I was looking a little on your characters, and I was wondering how you decide on their personality traits? Do you have a list you choose some off, or do you just decide what their personality will be like?
Instructor
#299 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fnus
Lady Scarlet, I was looking a little on your characters, and I was wondering how you decide on their personality traits? Do you have a list you choose some off, or do you just decide what their personality will be like?

Well, when I create a character's page I usually have someone in my mind.For example ... Guigues Levieux d'Albon is in fact Cesare Borgia, Joffrey de Peyrac is a character from Anne Golon's books, Françoise d'Aubigné is a real person who lived in France, back in the 17th century and so on.
But I also have a list that I use sometimes, when I create an original character.
Banned
#300 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 1:48 AM Last edited by Anonymous101 : 25th Mar 2012 at 4:47 AM.
Default The Challenge
This is the planning of my neighbourhood: It's called Warwick.

Click Here

Still have to figure out how to work it, though. Hmmm...
Page 12 of 44