Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#251 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 11:01 AM
Gletschernadel: I don't think so. Not for rabbithole careers. But ask on Twallan's site, because he may consider something like that for a future update
Emery0521: Take a look at ThomasRiordan's instructions on page one (post #19, I believe). He gives instructions for the English strings for those having the same problem as you have described Also, check you .dll files; the XML one may be empty, hence the script error If you want to upload the file, I'll take a look for you

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 5:02 PM Last edited by Emery0521 : 29th Aug 2013 at 6:24 PM.
I checked the XML file and it looks has script in it, with my career name and everything. I also realized I had .career instead of .careers, and when I changed it I don't get the script error pop up, but my career still isn't showing up either. Hopefully it's just some silly thing I overlooked because I had my face against the computer for so long doing this, haha. Here's the package file if you wanted to have a look: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctt3xng0b..._Career.package

*edit: I lied, I tried again and got the script error again. I don't know why it showed up, didn't show up then did again.
Test Subject
#253 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 5:56 PM
Default Career text not showing up.
Hello everyone, so i am making a career and everything is running fine except for one thing, so i tried inumerous times to try to know why the strings aren´t showing up, i followed exactly like the tutorial expecified and nothing, i tried doing what ThomasRiordan said but no results...

So if by chance can anyone take a look for me and see waht´s wrong ?, i would be very gratefull, i am clueless right now because i really tried all i could, so please if anyone could check it it would help me big time.

In the download i included all text i edit to stbl and the package file, i also deleted the strings from the package so if you can set it up better.

Thanks.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DrugDealing_Career.rar (25.5 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#254 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 2:02 AM
Hi all! I had a quick question. I searched this thread for the question but I have not yet found it. My apologies if this has already been answered.
Anyways, for the job starting times and wake up times, do these need to be in military times?
I am wanting for a job to start at 3:00pm for the sim, so would I need to put in 15 for the start time? I assume it would be that way, otherwise the job would probably start at 3am if I kept it at 3 instead of 15.
Thanks!
Scholar
#255 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 12:36 PM
Apologies for the late replies, guys, I was ill yesterday and couldn't get online.
Emery0521: I've looked at your career, and your UnhashedKeys are a bit off. First off, change the BLANK in the name to Assassin because it could be that the game isn't recognising it, hence your career not showing up. You also need to change some of the lines there. For example, in your Business As Usual line, you've got this:
Quote:
Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:BusinessAsUsual KEY>0x170DEBBE32DA7DAF:</KEY>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:BusinessAsUsualDoYourWork,GetYourCheck.NothingOutOfTheOrdinary.

See you've added the description line in too? Well, that needs it's own line. So it should read:
Quote:
Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:BusinessAsUsual
Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:BusinessAsUsualDescription

The actual description itself doesn't get added until the English strings. The same applies to your WorkHard description. You only need to add Description to the end, not what the actual description will be. Check through the tutorial again and redo the UnhashedKeys strings. Then give it a try in-game

Vellocet: Your career is looking fine. However, for the CanSwipe lines to work, change the FullClassName from <FullClassName>Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Music, Sims3GameplaySystems</FullClassName>
to
<FullClassName>NRaas.Gameplay.Careers.OmniCareer, NRaasCareer</FullClassName>
in your DrugDealing.Careers package.
Did you also delete the old English strings and replace it with a brand new one in the file? If not, do that following ThomasRiodran's instructions.
If you have already done all that, then try redoing the English strings again. It could be that one line of code didn't copy over properly.

iamlexxo: Yes, it works on military time. So 3pm would be 15 in the code

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Test Subject
#256 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
Apologies for the late replies, guys, I was ill yesterday and couldn't get online.
Emery0521: I've looked at your career, and your UnhashedKeys are a bit off. First off, change the BLANK in the name to Assassin because it could be that the game isn't recognising it, hence your career not showing up. You also need to change some of the lines there. For example, in your Business As Usual line, you've got this:

See you've added the description line in too? Well, that needs it's own line. So it should read:

The actual description itself doesn't get added until the English strings. The same applies to your WorkHard description. You only need to add Description to the end, not what the actual description will be. Check through the tutorial again and redo the UnhashedKeys strings. Then give it a try in-game

Vellocet: Your career is looking fine. However, for the CanSwipe lines to work, change the FullClassName from <FullClassName>Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Music, Sims3GameplaySystems</FullClassName>
to
<FullClassName>NRaas.Gameplay.Careers.OmniCareer, NRaasCareer</FullClassName>
in your DrugDealing.Careers package.
Did you also delete the old English strings and replace it with a brand new one in the file? If not, do that following ThomasRiodran's instructions.
If you have already done all that, then try redoing the English strings again. It could be that one line of code didn't copy over properly.

iamlexxo: Yes, it works on military time. So 3pm would be 15 in the code

Thanks for the help !, it is working now !, anyway do you know how i can add custom oportunities ?, i tried but it didn´t work.
Scholar
#257 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vellocet
Thanks for the help !, it is working now !, anyway do you know how i can add custom oportunities ?, i tried but it didn´t work.

Have a look a couple of pages back, there's a small discussion in it in this thread I've never got it to work yet either, but I haven't had as much time to devote to it recently as I would have liked.
Glad to here it's working! Well done!

Test Subject
#258 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 6:17 PM Last edited by iamlexxo : 3rd Sep 2013 at 1:58 AM.
I'm having another issue. I have worked hours and hours to finally get past the JoinCareer### part showing up in game and I somehow managed to fix it. So the "Join ___ Career" shows up just how I want it to in game. However, when I make my sim join the career, it's showing no titles or descriptions, but it shows the career picture, workdays & pay just fine.
Any idea on how I can fix this?

Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind this. I really didn't want to do it the long way, but I did. I ended up doing ThomasRiordan's way of adding the STBL keys and it worked! Everything is showing up just how I want it to now!
New question though! Is it possible to make a career just gender specific? I'm wanting a career to be available for males only, but I can't seem to figure it out. I thought just removing all the female strings would work, but it didn't. I just don't want to have to go through making different job titles and descriptions if it's possible to have this just for males, haha. Thanks again!
Scholar
#259 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iamlexxo
New question though! Is it possible to make a career just gender specific? I'm wanting a career to be available for males only, but I can't seem to figure it out. I thought just removing all the female strings would work, but it didn't. I just don't want to have to go through making different job titles and descriptions if it's possible to have this just for males, haha. Thanks again!

It is indeed!
If you change the FullClassName to "NRaas.Gameplay.Careers.OmniCareer, NRaasCareer", you can then add <genders>Male</genders> as shown Here

Test Subject
#260 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 11:09 PM
Hello,

I was trying to do a surf career but now I have problems with the joincareer"randomnumber" with no descriptions, no names or titles but the little pictures, workdays and pay are fine like iamlexxo but I am totally lost and can't understand anything right now even with ThomasRiordan's help.

Can you help me with this custom career ?
(missyhissy the mod is based on your snowboard career and a sims 2 surf career mod, it's for personal use only)

The game is in french so I tried with the 00 and then the 07, didn't work.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Surf_Career.rar (20.1 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#261 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zaynn
Hello,

I was trying to do a surf career but now I have problems with the joincareer"randomnumber" with no descriptions, no names or titles but the little pictures, workdays and pay are fine like iamlexxo but I am totally lost and can't understand anything right now even with ThomasRiordan's help.

Can you help me with this custom career ?
(missyhissy the mod is based on your snowboard career and a sims 2 surf career mod, it's for personal use only)

The game is in french so I tried with the 00 and then the 07, didn't work.

I see the problem. You need to rehash the UnhashedKeys. If you've used my snowboard career as a base, it's probably still using the hashing from that, and thereofre not recognising yours.
So what you need to do is copy each <STR> line of your code from your UnhashedKeys and get a new hash by pasting each line, one at a time, into the FNV Hash on s3pe. You then press Calculate and copy the FNV64 line of coding, and paste that over the top of the numbers in your UnhashedKeys file. Once you've done that, re-import that into your career, and it should work Let me know if you have any more problems!

Test Subject
#262 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 2:49 PM
I see the problem. You need to rehash the UnhashedKeys. If you've used my snowboard career as a base, it's probably still using the hashing from that, and thereofre not recognising yours.
So what you need to do is copy each <STR> line of your code from your UnhashedKeys and get a new hash by pasting each line, one at a time, into the FNV Hash on s3pe. You then press Calculate and copy the FNV64 line of coding, and paste that over the top of the numbers in your UnhashedKeys file. Once you've done that, re-import that into your career, and it should work Let me know if you have any more problems!

Thank you missyhissy, I did it but the problem is still there, I decided to start a new one with only the tutorial base but the new file won't appear on the map (even the joincareer[randomnumber]
here's the link of the new file (same name as the old one) with all UnhashedKeys done :

Edit : I added some tones I forgot to add last time in the strings like slackoff and trainhard with their descriptions, changed the pics
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Surf_Career.rar (17.4 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#263 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 7:15 PM
Thank you missyhissy, I did it but the problem is still there, I decided to start a new one with only the tutorial base but the new file won't appear on the map (even the joincareer[randomnumber]
here's the link of the new file (same name as the old one) with all UnhashedKeys done :

Edit : I added some tones I forgot to add last time in the strings like slackoff and trainhard with their descriptions, changed the pics

Do you get any script errors generated? If so, can you tell me what they say, please? I can't see any obvious problems in the coding, so any script errors that are generated could help

Test Subject
#264 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 8:28 PM
Do you get any script errors generated? If so, can you tell me what they say, please? I can't see any obvious problems in the coding, so any script errors that are generated could help

Thanks for helping me =)
Hmm when launching the game, the nraas pack and the surf pack are good and no errors in the game,
In the dll s3sa it says this :

IsFullyTrusted: True
SecurityRuleSet: Level1
ManifestModule: 61334731934463.dll
CustomAttributes: Error reading Value: Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel.
ReflectionOnly: False
Modules: System.Reflection.RuntimeModule[]
GlobalAssemblyCache: False
HostContext: 0
IsDynamic: False

I looked in the S3PE again, I didn't edit the _KEY file, perhaps this one ? can see some tennis careers file in it :

Version: 0x00000001
--- (0x17) ---
[00] 0x0450CD2EC016939E: 70214830780050.dll
[01] 0x794A8AE96AA7C903: Tennis.Careers
[02] 0xEE466B2F927FE4F1: Tennis.Tones
[03] 0xCE0D4D214B6508E8: Strings Tennis UnhashedKeys
[04] 0xF218281BC44A0416: w_tennis
[05] 0x294CEC54E7F132E4: w_simple_tennis_career_s
[06] 0x003DD0754861401E: Strings Tennis English
[07] 0x263B174336D7C215: TennisCareer_Pic_s
[08] 0xD5B2D7D518FCF4AF: TennisCareer_Pic
[09] 0x50CF4D84B1EE7887: Strings Blank English
[0A] 0x6BEF94CE46791B3B: Strings Blank UnhashedKeys
[0B] 0x5A89938FB6B147FA: Blank.Careers
[0C] 0x2A008961CABEDB00: Blank.Tones
[0D] 0x9D683D9201E53EFC: Blank_Pic
[0E] 0x337AF6DB1288E7A2: Blank_Pic_s
[0F] 0x635DE983A8EE4326: Surf.Careers
[10] 0xA686178EA75526EC: Surf.Tones
[11] 0xB5BB1CE559EEB278: 61334731934463.dll
[12] 0x86AF19AAD8E8F646: Surf_Pic_s
[13] 0x211BADE3773FA738: Surf_Pic
[14] 0x1420582CF46A65CB: Strings Surf UnhashedKeys
[15] 0x00B5156C4F13B357: Strings Surf English
[16] 0x33B5156C4F13B357: Strings Surf English
---
Test Subject
#265 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 11:24 PM
It is indeed!
If you change the FullClassName to "NRaas.Gameplay.Careers.OmniCareer, NRaasCareer", you can then add <genders>Male</genders> as shown Here

Thank you! This worked. (:

New issue I'm having... For the tones I have set, I am trying to add the "Sleep At Work" tone, so I added it in the Careers file - the first section that's shown here. I also made sure I added the STBL and hashes correctly. It doesn't cause any errors in the game play, it just doesn't show up. I also noticed this when I was creating custom tone names for Meeting CoWorkers and such, but the game doesn't read the custom title and description I have added. I followed the tutorial as it showed but I don't understand why it doesn't want to cooperate with me. It seemed to add my custom skill building tones just fine, though.
Thanks for all your help!
Scholar
#266 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 3:40 PM
Zaynn: I've found your problem. It's in your Surf.Careers file.
For Level 6, you have this: <Args3>Athletic<Args3> when you need this: <Args3>Athletic</Args3>
For Level 9, you have this: <Args3>Athletic/Args3> when you need this: <Args3>Athletic</Args3>

After that, the career should show up!

iamlexxo: Make sure you haven't got a typo in any of the coding for these tones. I do this a lot, and it's almost always a typo. Make sure you've got them in the English strings too, since it might be a slight mis-type there that makes them not show up.
If you can't get it to work, attach the career here, and I'll take a look for you

Test Subject
#267 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 5:53 PM
Zaynn: I've found your problem. It's in your Surf.Careers file.
For Level 6, you have this: <Args3>Athletic<Args3> when you need this: <Args3>Athletic</Args3>
For Level 9, you have this: <Args3>Athletic/Args3> when you need this: <Args3>Athletic</Args3>

After that, the career should show up!

iamlexxo: Make sure you haven't got a typo in any of the coding for these tones. I do this a lot, and it's almost always a typo. Make sure you've got them in the English strings too, since it might be a slight mis-type there that makes them not show up.
If you can't get it to work, attach the career here, and I'll take a look for you

Thank you missyhissy, now the career appears at the stadium but we're back at the first problem, no titles, no descriptions, no tones (well I have two tones from the game base) and the joincareer[randomnumber] (pics, paybase and workdays are fine)
The number is JoinCareer10601844602155523365 (the same number as the old file)

I edited (join number and fnv64 code) the stbl file but seems like it's not working, maybe I have too much errors in the files..
Scholar
#268 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 6:41 PM Last edited by missyhissy : 10th Sep 2013 at 7:37 PM.
Thank you missyhissy, now the career appears at the stadium but we're back at the first problem, no titles, no descriptions, no tones (well I have two tones from the game base) and the joincareer[randomnumber] (pics, paybase and workdays are fine)
The number is JoinCareer10601844602155523365 (the same number as the old file)

I edited (join number and fnv64 code) the stbl file but seems like it's not working, maybe I have too much errors in the files..

Have you edited it in the English Strings too?

Test Subject
#269 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 7:35 PM
Have you edited it in the English Strings too?

Yes, I replaced the nocareer by the number on the English file, I did another file for a test with the number + fnv64,
and another one without replacing the file, just adding the fnv64 with Join Surf career didn't work too :/
Scholar
#270 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 7:37 PM
Yes, I replaced the nocareer by the number on the English file, I did another file for a test with the number + fnv64,
and another one without replacing the file, just adding the fnv64 with Join Surf career didn't work too :/

Right, I think I can see the problem. You probably used the English String file from the BLANK Career. So, go back and follow ThomasRiordan's instructions on creating a new Engish String STBL file within your career and paste your strings in there (do the same for French, too, since your game is in French).

Let me know if you're still confused, and I'll simplify it for you :D

Test Subject
#271 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 9:15 PM
Right, I think I can see the problem. You probably used the English String file from the BLANK Career. So, go back and follow ThomasRiordan's instructions on creating a new Engish String STBL file within your career and paste your strings in there (do the same for French, too, since your game is in French).

Let me know if you're still confused, and I'll simplify it for you :D

Thanks again missyhissy, and ThomasRiordan too.
I did everything he said and deleted the two others STBL, created the 00 and 07 file, now it's working I have the descriptions, and join surf career, but the job titles don't appear (they have their descriptions but it's blank for the titles like Surfing Icon or Beach Bum)
Here's the file, maybe I have to give a different instance for the french file (changing the numbers after 07)
If you can take a look please =)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Surf_Career.rar (16.5 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#272 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 9:24 PM
Thanks again missyhissy, and ThomasRiordan too.
I did everything he said and deleted the two others STBL, created the 00 and 07 file, now it's working I have the descriptions, and join surf career, but the job titles don't appear (they have their descriptions but it's blank for the titles like Surfing Icon or Beach Bum)
Here's the file, maybe I have to give a different instance for the french file (changing the numbers after 07)
If you can take a look please =)

Found your problem. In your UnhashedKeys, you've got a line like this: Gameplay/Excel/Careers/Surf:JOBLEVEL1 where it ought to say Gameplay/Excel/Careers/Surf:BeachBum

That's why the titles aren't showing. If you change each of those in the UnhashedKeys, rehash them. Then edit the English and French strings to match.
That should hopefully solve it! If not feel free to send it back and I'll take another look You're doing great!

Test Subject
#273 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 11:15 PM
Found your problem. In your UnhashedKeys, you've got a line like this: Gameplay/Excel/Careers/Surf:JOBLEVEL1 where it ought to say Gameplay/Excel/Careers/Surf:BeachBum

That's why the titles aren't showing. If you change each of those in the UnhashedKeys, rehash them. Then edit the English and French strings to match.
That should hopefully solve it! If not feel free to send it back and I'll take another look You're doing great!

It's woooooooorkiing ! all fine now =)
Thank you very much missyhissy !
Scholar
#274 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 9:24 AM
It's woooooooorkiing ! all fine now =)
Thank you very much missyhissy !

You're welcome! And congratulations!!

Test Subject
#275 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 11:29 PM
For anyone who is having issues with the career still showing "JoinCareer###..." but the job shows the work days, money, and career picture, but not any of the text, I believe I have found a solution different from ThomasRiordan's that worked for me. This is not really as long as Thomas' and possibly a little easier as you will not have to create new files. I will try to explain this as best I can. If you're confused with the steps, I will do my best to provide an example after I explain it.

**Be sure to complete the entire tutorial before you attempt this. Otherwise some parts may be confusing.**
***It is also good to make a duplicate of your career before you attempt this. It's nice to go back to what you had before so if you mess up on this, you won't have to start over again. You can just go back to the career file that didn't have these steps!!***

1. In your UnhashedKeys file, you will need the hashes between the <STR></STR> lines for the next step. (Remember not to copy the <STR></STR> part.) **NOTE: You should copy the ones that you calculated as you were creating the <KEY> lines for the <STR> as per this step in the tutorial.**
2. With your copied hashes from the UnhashedKeys file, find your language strings file in s3pe. (ex: Strings Tennis English) Right click on the file and click "Edit STBL".
3. On the bottom right corner of the STBL creator, there should be numbers like "0x971CF827AC511193" (just an example). This is where you will put your collected hashes from step 1.
4. So, going down the list, paste the hashes you collected from step 1 onto the bottom right corner box. MAKE SURE you press the Change button once you put them in for each line, and make sure you also put them according correctly.
5. Once you're done, press the Save button and save your career file.
6. Test it out in the game and your titles should now be showing correctly!

ONE VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!!! DO NOT touch ANYTHING in the UnhashedKeys file in s3pe. These are different from what you created in the tutorial. Don't touch them. You are JUST changing the language file. If you made your UnhashedKeys first in Notepad, use the <STR>'s from that.

So, for an example using these steps...
1. For the example career, the first <KEY> line in the file is Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:Tennis. The <STR> line for this file is 0x12DBAAB750E72C1F.
2. The first line is the Tennis career name and the hash for this, which as stated above, is 0x12DBAAB750E72C1F.
3. In the STBL editor, I have replaced what was already on the bottom right corner with 0x12DBAAB750E72C1F and pressed change.
4. Do this with the rest of the <STR> hashes.
5. Save.
6. Everything is working!

As for the Gameplay/Careers/GetJobInRabbitHole:JoinCareer842901641372242208 part, make sure to calculate a hash for yours, and use that hash for the "Join ___ Career" in the STBL Editor for the language strings.

I really hope I explained this as clearly as possible. This worked like a breeze for me and I no longer have problems with the titles not showing up.
I hope this was able to help you as well! If not, feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them. I'm still quite learning myself, but I will do my best to help as much as possible.
Page 11 of 23