Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cleaning Mod

by simler90 Posted 19th Sep 2019 at 7:59 AM - Updated 1st Jun 2021 at 1:01 PM by simler90

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 4:45 PM
I'm amazed at how many mods you make and how quickly you make them! Thanks so much for fixing infelicities in the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 5:13 PM
Another Maxis oversight fixed. Thanks! Will a future version include handling leftovers, or is that beyond the scope of this mod?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 6:12 PM
Thank you very much for your mod. I saw something similar in Midge, but there are more corrections in yours .. It infuriates me when a sim in a restaurant cleans dishes for everyone, when there is a waiter who apparently doesn't care about dirty dishes
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 8:37 PM
I don't allow my sims a lot of opportunities to do things autonomously, but every so often they manage to sneak something in, and yes all too often it's attempting to clean something I don't want them to clean! (And that makes no sense given their personality.) I also tend to keep my sims in rather high mood (and when I do have one in a bad mood, I don't think I ever ask them to clean!!), so I didn't realize it was easier to get a sim to clean than to play chess! That's so bizarre! Thanks so much for addressing these issues. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Dec 2019 at 3:25 AM
I could have used this back when Huzat Village was in it's infancy. I miss that hood so much. Thank you for fixing this!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 1:01 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 29th Jan 2020 at 6:10 AM.
I really love the idea of Wash Dish Mod, but HCDU is showing a conflict with Xptl's washing dishes raises cleaning skill mod:
Is this the sort of conflict I can ignore?

Edit: Thanks so much for incorporating the skilling functionality into the dish washing mod!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 9:34 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 7th Nov 2021 at 5:55 AM.
Hello again! I wanted to say I'm excited about the new features in the updated Cleaning Mod; however, it now conflicts with Pescado's coffeecuphack:

I've had Pescado's mod in my game for years and appreciate the annoyance-reduction. Just hoping I can keep most or all the fuctionality of both mods if at all possible.

Edit: Thanks for also incorporating Pescado's functionality! I'd removed his mod in favour of this one and was missing that particular feature when sims kept cleaning up espresso mugs! But no more!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 1:11 PM
I haven't properly tested this mod but I have to say 2 things. One, this is so beautiful that you can't imagine how much I loved it. The cleaning skill was almost useless in the game as being Sloppy or Neat doesn't has a really interaction. Now, being able (or unable) to clean properly depending on cleaning skill and personality makes it more real, steady and useful, so thank you for this change.

Another think Ive been thinking a lot and haven't checked if happens with this mod or nah... Does the personal hygiene matters? I believe than a Neat sim would try to shower as always as possible, but I'd think a sloppy one won't go autonomously to have a shower unless under a thresold lower than a neat sim, lets say, 25% for sloppy and 60% for a neat one. Also, how the enviroment matters. For a neat and high cleaning skill lvl sim, 1 dish could ruim their enviroment motive, but a sloppy sim wouldn't even matters.

Anyway, this is an incredible mod than Im adding it to my game right away.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 7:27 AM
Very nice!
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 2:16 AM
Thanks! Only one question, we have to download the tree files?

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by valer2202
Thanks! Only one question, we have to download the tree files?

Thanks again!

Hi, I'm not the creator but you can download just the "CleaningMod", just the "WashDishMod" or both. But you have to choose between "WashDishMod" and "WashDishMod-SkillVersion".

My mods: Tumblr
My family trees: Midocaito
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 7:05 AM
I'm not sure but I think it might be because of UPDATE6 that my sims autonomously clean mugs on community lots, even go ahead and clean other mugs left by other sims.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th May 2020 at 11:46 PM
The newest version (8) of Cleaning Mod is now showing 3 conflicts with Pescado's coffeecuphack. For now I'm going to pull Pescado's mod, but I'd love some confirmation that this mod now fully replaces that one.

Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 4:30 AM
http://www.cyjon.net/node/78

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Take out Trash - TEST
Group ID: 0x7FA3FCFE
Instance ID: 0x00002009
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\CyJon\CJ-LessTrashDuty.package
\downloads\Misc tweaks\CleaningMod-UPDATE8.package

Any idea how to proceed?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 12:36 AM
I've run into an issue with this mod (CleaningMod-UPDATE11). My sims are currently staying at a campground that has an outdoor kitchen. I directed my sims to clean up some plates and he piled them all up but refuses to wash them. There is a sink sitting right there next to him, and he can use the sink to get a drink of water, but he won't use it to wash the dishes. I even tried forcing an error on the sink and resetting it, but that didn't help; he still just picks up the stack of dishes and then places them back on the counter. I'm attaching a picture so you can see the setup I mean. I can't think of why he would not know that sink exists, but I do know the picking up and putting back down behaviour comes from this mod.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 12:42 AM
@frostmane, as of update 5 I believe CleaningMod is meant to replace the entire functionality of CyJon's LessTrashDuty. I admit I don't see anything in simler90's documentation about owned business lots, but I also don't know what the threshold is where customers begin complaining about trash in trash receptacles. As far as the actual autonomy of taking out trash goes, these two mods are trying to do the same thing so you have to pick one.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 7:34 PM
This conflicts with Cyjon's No Visitor Chores so I think a great update could be to incorporate those changes into your mod so that visitors no longer do chores like cleaning dishes around your house. Thanks for your amazing work
Mad Poster
#19 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabby2805
This conflicts with Cyjon's No Visitor Chores so I think a great update could be to incorporate those changes into your mod so that visitors no longer do chores like cleaning dishes around your house. Thanks for your amazing work

I've actually never had visitors trying to clean things up unless I specifically influenced them to do so. I've never used No Visitor Chores, but you might try pulling it and seeing if you get the behaviour you'd like to see even without it.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 8:23 PM
I love this mod. I'm not sure if it's just me or I have a conflict in my game or something but one thing I've noticed that irritates me is that visitors on community lots never clean up now, only my playables with high neat and/or in a good mood do. HCDU doesn't show anything so I may have to do a 50/50. Still a great mod, so thanks!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I've run into an issue with this mod (CleaningMod-UPDATE11). My sims are currently staying at a campground that has an outdoor kitchen. I directed my sims to clean up some plates and he piled them all up but refuses to wash them. There is a sink sitting right there next to him, and he can use the sink to get a drink of water, but he won't use it to wash the dishes. I even tried forcing an error on the sink and resetting it, but that didn't help; he still just picks up the stack of dishes and then places them back on the counter. I'm attaching a picture so you can see the setup I mean. I can't think of why he would not know that sink exists, but I do know the picking up and putting back down behaviour comes from this mod.

@Rosawyn - I had a similar issue that was caused by having Pescado's nobathroomdishes mod in the game at the same time as Simler90's Cleaning Mod. On hotel lots without restaurants, dishes from room service meals could not be cleaned up because Pescado's mod was preventing the use of any sinks that weren't in a kitchen. The only sinks at these hotels were in the bathrooms.

Your layout is outdoors with no walls, so it's possible that Pescado's mod (if you even have it) is reading the area as "not a kitchen" and preventing your sims from washing dishes in the sink.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 10:21 PM
@RoxEllen1965 Damn, I've used nobathroomdishes for years. Without it, I'd have to take all sinks out of bathrooms (which is how I played before getting that mod). It was my understanding that it was the presence of a toilet or tub/shower, not the lack of "kitchen," that prevented sims from using a sink to do dishes....and I just figured it out. I've got Chris Hatch's shower hot springs object on that same campground lot, and I'll bet that is in fact flagged as a "shower" (since it is one) which is making the whole outdoor area a "bathroom." /facepalm
Mad Poster
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
@RoxEllen1965 Damn, I've used nobathroomdishes for years. Without it, I'd have to take all sinks out of bathrooms (which is how I played before getting that mod). It was my understanding that it was the presence of a toilet or tub/shower, not the lack of "kitchen," that prevented sims from using a sink to do dishes....and I just figured it out. I've got Chris Hatch's shower hot springs object on that same campground lot, and I'll bet that is in fact flagged as a "shower" (since it is one) which is making the whole outdoor area a "bathroom." /facepalm

@Rosawyn - maybe you could put your kitchen in a fake "room" made using low fences or those floor separator/divider things that came with Pets. The game should see this as a separate "room" from wherever your shower is.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
@Rosawyn - maybe you could put your kitchen in a fake "room" made using low fences or those floor separator/divider things that came with Pets. The game should see this as a separate "room" from wherever your shower is.

Yeah, that's what I was planning on doing whenever I actually get a chance to load the game up again.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 9:48 AM Last edited by guirnaldas : 11th Jan 2021 at 2:38 AM.
It would be great if you could make it so that also non-selectable sims (+7 neat or something) autonomously clean dishes and coffee mugs in commlots so that not always the playable sim ends up cleaning all of them.
Also, dormies should clean stuff in dormlots too.
Page 1 of 2