Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#13001 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 3:44 AM
Not necessarily a "I need this in my game right now" thing, but I would love if one day someone makes a mod that makes flower tiles wilt, but not actually dead, if that makes sense? Bushes can get overgrown+spawn weeds when left unattended for long but they can't die regardless--but flower tiles always wilt and eventually die with no other options but to dispose it no matter how often my sims tend the garden. I always get discouraged from putting flower tiles on my garden because of it.

A mod that halts the decay rate of plants would be nice too--so sims can still have their nicely decorated gardens without having to spend an entire day watering plants. There's the Perfect Plants mod, but it's a bit too drastic for my taste.

(Sorry for my bad grammar; English isn't my first language.)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#13002 Old 3rd Jan 2023 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KaruraWasabi
Not necessarily a "I need this in my game right now" thing, but I would love if one day someone makes a mod that makes flower tiles wilt, but not actually dead, if that makes sense? Bushes can get overgrown+spawn weeds when left unattended for long but they can't die regardless--but flower tiles always wilt and eventually die with no other options but to dispose it no matter how often my sims tend the garden. I always get discouraged from putting flower tiles on my garden because of it.

A mod that halts the decay rate of plants would be nice too--so sims can still have their nicely decorated gardens without having to spend an entire day watering plants. There's the Perfect Plants mod, but it's a bit too drastic for my taste.

Sprinklers work WONDERS!! They're amazing for keeping your flower beds alive. The hydrobot is okay, except that it breaks way too often and usually grows more weeds than anything. Even if you shut it off, it turns itself on when it breaks. I have mine facing a wall, so it can't escape. More trouble than it's worth. But sprinklers! Sprinklers are great!!

-gE
Field Researcher
#13003 Old 3rd Jan 2023 at 3:09 PM Last edited by Lena88 : 3rd Jan 2023 at 6:32 PM.
It would be nice to have USABLE/FUNCTIONAL UMBRELLA. When there is a rain or snow sims could PULL OUT umbrella to protect themselves. Either they have it in their inventory or something similar.
Mad Poster
#13004 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 4:32 AM
You know what I'd like? A way to make a building that isn't going to be used as a CL or a residence-just as decoration. That it wouldn't show up in the list of lots to go to.
A dummy building, per se, but bigger than the deco buildings.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#13005 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 5:50 AM
What would a functional umbrella even be in TS2? Rain doesn't have any functional affect on the game other than satisfying wants and watering crops, neither of which are going to be affected by sims using an umbrella. Servos don't even short out in the rain. What function do you want the umbrella to have, exactly?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13006 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 9:58 AM
I use this mod:
https://modthesims.info/d/669504
A functional umbrella could have a purpose with that.
Field Researcher
#13007 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 2:19 PM
I 100% agree!
Mad Poster
#13008 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 9:59 PM
Interesting, it seems like an umbrella mod would probably work best as a part of that mod.
Inventor
#13009 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 12:23 AM
Something I'd like to see done, though I don't know if it's possible, is having the functions of Monique's Hacked Computers apply to any and all computers in the catalogue, whether in-game or custom. Sometimes I see neat custom computers but they lack the Monique functions, which I use a lot in my gameplay. Also, it would be nice not to have dupes of the in-game computers in the catalogue like there is now with the mod.
Mad Poster
#13010 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 1:00 AM
I'd like a modded computer for Sims who are supposed to be working in offices, so they looked as if they were working a bit more of the time, and were playing SSX-3 a little bit less. They could at least try to look as if they're working!

Unless they're in an E-Sports career.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13011 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'd like a modded computer for Sims who are supposed to be working in offices, so they looked as if they were working a bit more of the time, and were playing SSX-3 a little bit less. They could at least try to look as if they're working!

Unless they're in an E-Sports career.

One of Monique's computers does have a set of things they can do to look like they're working:

https://modthesims.info/d/64137/

They can write a novel, write articles or chat on the computer.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#13012 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 1:13 PM
There is an E-sports career that comes with Freetime. The silly thing (to me!) is that sims leave the house to work in it! It makes no sense - who is providing the hardware for this? Why? At higher levels, maybe, but at the entry level positions??

Actually, that brings me to a hack I would like to see: A default replacement of the Freetime Gamer career with the Life Stories Game Developer career. It would be a simple enough text swap (or could one even simply swap out a GUID?) and I might eventually make it one day but so far, I have been too lazy. I wonder if anybody has ever had the same idea?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#13013 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
There is an E-sports career that comes with Freetime. The silly thing (to me!) is that sims leave the house to work in it! It makes no sense - who is providing the hardware for this? Why? At higher levels, maybe, but at the entry level positions??

Actually, that brings me to a hack I would like to see: A default replacement of the Freetime Gamer career with the Life Stories Game Developer career. It would be a simple enough text swap (or could one even simply swap out a GUID?) and I might eventually make it one day but so far, I have been too lazy. I wonder if anybody has ever had the same idea?

You can just download the lifestory careers as custom career. Why does it need to be a default replacement?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#13014 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 1:06 PM
Speaking of the STORIES...it would be interesting to copy/borrow SPEAR FISHING from Castaway Stories. The Stories are spin off of Sims 2 and have same function, animations,...plus some extra stuff. SPEAR FISHING action/animation shouldnt be a problem. Plus, it can add to NATURE hobby enthusiasm.
Mad Poster
#13015 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 3:41 PM Last edited by simsfreq : 7th Jan 2023 at 3:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
You can just download the lifestory careers as custom career. Why does it need to be a default replacement?

Because I don't want the Gamer career. I would prefer a game developer career instead. I don't want two careers that similar in my game. I am already annoyed that there is both Showbiz and Entertainment - I would ideally replace the Entertainment career with something else. Also Oceanography and Intelligence.

I do not like that custom careers rarely have decent career rewards, and a lot of them are written poorly, so a Maxis replacement makes perfect sense in my head.

I should just try the GUID replacement and see if it works.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#13016 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Speaking of the STORIES...it would be interesting to copy/borrow SPEAR FISHING from Castaway Stories. The Stories are spin off of Sims 2 and have same function, animations,...plus some extra stuff. SPEAR FISHING action/animation shouldnt be a problem. Plus, it can add to NATURE hobby enthusiasm.

P. S. I dont know if somebody did this or not but...I wish there was PETS SCORING/POINTS SYSTEM (taken from Pet Stories) where sims can score points with their pets. Combined with VISITOR CONTROLLER (the mod already exists, I am just stating its purpose/use) you can have COMPETITION same or similar to PET STORIES. I know there are AGUILITY OBJECTS for pets converted from PET STORIES, but I am interested in SCORING/POINTS SYSTEM for competition. What you think, simmers?
Mad Poster
#13017 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 9:29 PM
Because I don't want the Gamer career. I would prefer a game developer career instead. I don't want two careers that similar in my game. I am already annoyed that there is both Showbiz and Entertainment - I would ideally replace the Entertainment career with something else. Also Oceanography and Intelligence.

I do not like that custom careers rarely have decent career rewards, and a lot of them are written poorly, so a Maxis replacement makes perfect sense in my head.

I should just try the GUID replacement and see if it works.

I just pretend they make sense. So my 'gamer' sims are really working tech support. Because you know, they deserve it. Muahahaha!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#13018 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 11:54 PM
I wonder if it's possible to program burglars to steal specific items? It would be awesome to create a mini game where you have to keep a valuable item from being stolen by burglars/intruders. If you have superheroes or spies in your neighborhood, this would give them something to do.

Examples:

1. You are a spy and your fellow spies entrusted you with a top secret flash drive. Your job is to make sure the flash drive doesn't get stolen by burglars.

2. The military entrusted you with a powerful weapon. Just like the first example, your job is to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

If it's possible, you could dress the burglars up in supervillain outfits and spy gear to make them look like they belong to an evil organization.
Instructor
#13019 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 12:20 AM
P. S. I dont know if somebody did this or not but...I wish there was PETS SCORING/POINTS SYSTEM (taken from Pet Stories) where sims can score points with their pets. Combined with VISITOR CONTROLLER (the mod already exists, I am just stating its purpose/use) you can have COMPETITION same or similar to PET STORIES. I know there are AGUILITY OBJECTS for pets converted from PET STORIES, but I am interested in SCORING/POINTS SYSTEM for competition. What you think, simmers?

I don't know if you already know about Chris Hatch's version but that one sort of let's you compete, albeit not against other sims and their pets. But you get points based on how well you trained with your dog before the competition and if you acheive a certain score you win a trophy. So that one is a bit similar to how it works in Pet Stories.
Forum Resident
#13020 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 12:50 AM
I'd love to see a mod where you can call the cops on Sims fighting, poking, shoving, etc, especially on community and dorm lots. It can really get disruptive when two inactive Sims are going at each other, and it would really be entertaining to see the cops handcuff the aggressor.
Lab Assistant
#13021 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 2:24 AM
@simsfreq aondaneedles on tumblr made this career default, here.
Test Subject
#13022 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 2:19 PM
I am already annoyed that there is both Showbiz and Entertainment - I would ideally replace the Entertainment career with something else. Also Oceanography and Intelligence.

Epi created some default careers by mixing and matching some elements of TS3 careers with the original TS2 ones. Specifically, Showbusiness becomes more focused on acting, Entertainment becomes Magician, and Oceanography gets some tweaks.
Forum Resident
#13023 Old 9th Jan 2023 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsfan2021
I wonder if it's possible to program burglars to steal specific items? It would be awesome to create a mini game where you have to keep a valuable item from being stolen by burglars/intruders. If you have superheroes or spies in your neighborhood, this would give them something to do.

Examples:

1. You are a spy and your fellow spies entrusted you with a top secret flash drive. Your job is to make sure the flash drive doesn't get stolen by burglars.

2. The military entrusted you with a powerful weapon. Just like the first example, your job is to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

If it's possible, you could dress the burglars up in supervillain outfits and spy gear to make them look like they belong to an evil organization.

That's an interesting idea... how would it work? What would confuse the burglar/villain? Would they be timed? And what's to stop a player from just sticking the special item into an inaccessible area? An attic, a walled-in room with no doors, in the foundation, in their inventory? Do they get a bonus for protecting the secret item? Do they get some kind of penalty if it's successfully stolen?

One thing that'd be kinda neat... if burglars could sneak in through /break windows. That'd also be a fun anim to use for "sneak out" wants (I mean, really... what 14 year old sneaks out in a limo??), or for Romeo & Juliet kind of picture taking... Climb up the balcony, sneak in the window, kinda thing. Of course, they wouldn't break the windows. That's one sure way to get caught! haha

-gE
>=)
Field Researcher
#13024 Old 9th Jan 2023 at 4:57 PM
About burglars...I once suggested a mod that allowes sims who have CRIMINAL job to come back (randomly) with an expensive item in their inventory. Like...when they go to work they REALLY STEAL something (tv, computer, expensive decoration,...).
Top Secret Researcher
#13025 Old 9th Jan 2023 at 7:10 PM
About burglars...I once suggested a mod that allowes sims who have CRIMINAL job to come back (randomly) with an expensive item in their inventory. Like...when they go to work they REALLY STEAL something (tv, computer, expensive decoration,...).

That would be cool!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Page 521 of 580