Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30876 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 8:16 PM
Are your CAS items in the SavedSims folder Fran, or the Downloads folder?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#30877 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Are your CAS items in the SavedSims folder Fran, or the Downloads folder?

What are the CAS items?

I've had all my items in the downloads folder, since about the second day I've been simming. Some of them came from the "Saved Sims" folder but had been incorporated into my game from there.

Or are you saying I should find my Saved Sims and reinstate them into it?

That frankly makes no sense because most of the stuff came in as individual downloads.

I just checked, they're still missing even after the kind suggestion of regenerating the Downloads folder.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#30878 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 10:23 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Feb 2023 at 10:45 PM.
CAS = Create A Sim
So clothes, accessories, makeup, and anything else you find in CAS.

Usually, the Downloads folder can be used for all regular downloads, including CAS items and sim files.

In rare cases, the game won't read these files properly unless they're in SavedSims - but more often than not you just have to regenerate the Downloads folder (move out both the Downloads and SavedSims folders, then run Bodyshop, that should recreate both folders. Just making a new folder and renaming it doesn't always do the trick here). Then you can put your downloads back into the new folder and see if that helps.

Also check that CC is properly enabled (you've probably done that, but checking again doesn't hurt). Occasionally you have to force enabling via the userProps file in the Config folder in the Documents location. These lines should read like so if everything is properly enabled:

<AnyBoolean key="allowCustomContent" type="0xcba908e1">true</AnyBoolean>
<AnyBoolean key="disableCustomObjects" type="0xcba908e1">false</AnyBoolean>
<AnyBoolean key="displayCustomObjectInfo" type="0xcba908e1">false</AnyBoolean>
(the last one - true displays the info box, false turns it off. Either setting is fine depending on your preference, I just included it in case you see it and wonder what it is)
Mad Poster
#30879 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 1:28 AM
I did try to redo the folder, it did not work, and I'm wondering if I should just take out the offending folders, out of the downloads, then take the downloads folder out to regenerate again, then put the separate folders back in.'

Or else just forget about having it at all.

This mistake I made is becoming a pain in the butt, and I'm tired of fighting it.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#30880 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 2:05 AM
You don't happen to have a lot of subfoldering within subfoldering going on (anything more than 256 characters for the entire file path), or folders/files with special characters (especially extra punctuation)? In some cases, the game won't read these properly. Could be there's a folder with something like this going on that needs fixing.

It's possible you'll have to remake the folders, or in very extreme cases where whatever you do doesn't work maybe even redownload files, if some have gone corrupted (or use a backup if you have).

Easiest way to check if CAS items work is to download some new CAS files (make sure they're recently made, so you can easily find them even if things start showing up), put them directly in the Downloads folder, and see if these show up. If they don't, something's up with the Downloads folder. If the files show up, test the same files in folders you're unsure of. If the files stop showing up, it's the folders that's the problem.
Mad Poster
#30881 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 4:35 AM
coming here first because...I remember a folder somewhere that you can write things that you want to open or be applied when the game opens. But I don't remember what the folder is called. I've seen a list of what people put there. One thing I want to put there lets you rotate objects more than quarter turns. Another is "boolprop control pets on". Ideas?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#30882 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 5:02 AM
userStartup.cheat. It's in the Config folder.
Alchemist
#30883 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 6:39 AM
@grammapat, put "boolProp quarterTilePlacementEnabled true" in your userStartup.cheat file and the quartertile cheat will always be on and you only need to toggle Ctrl +F to turn it on and off.

I have a question: is there an easy way to make a sim lose relationship points with everyone they know? I'm thinking of having a rule where if a household doesn't attend certain town events, they lose STR with the entire town and I'm wondering if there's an easier way than summoning everyone over at once to do the relationship loss. Maybe I should do it via simPE?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#30884 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 6:55 AM
STR decays naturally every day at 4 PM, so if those town events are the main/only times sims interact with each other, that should happen automatically.
Inventor
#30885 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 7:06 AM Last edited by jonasn : 4th Feb 2023 at 7:21 AM.
You need to write a smal BHAV loop through neighbor ids in SimPE and insert it into whatever modded object you made/have, or can access easily like a painting. Existing objects usually won't have the exact relationship loss you need, but will set everyone to 100, 50 or like that.

Alchemist
#30886 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 7:09 PM
Thanks, jonasn. I'll look into that because exactly like you say, the modded objects I'm looking at don't have the exact point loss I'm trying to do.

kestrellyn, I don't think the regular 4 PM relationship loss will cut it, as I want sims to lose points whether they have an actual relationship or not. So for example, sims who never attend church will take a relationship hit with the entire town, or if sims are antisocial and never attend a town festival, they'll be looked down on, too. Same thing if someone gets a divorce or has a child out of wedlock, etc. Whatever rules I come up with. And I want the relationship to be able to go into the negative. So for example if I make Leod McGreggor a loner and he never interacts with anyone, I want the rest of Riverblossom to think poorly of him, perhaps even become enemies, if he never participates in town events.

I'm inspired a bit by Harvest Moon, if you've ever played that. The whole town will start to hate you if you litter all the time or, if you put a golden log outside, everyone in town drops by to give you a piece of their mind cuz they think you're a show off. That nosy-neighbor, everyone-has-an-opinion-on-everyone is the kinda the vibe I'm going for.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#30887 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 7:33 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 6th Feb 2023 at 8:24 AM. Reason: solved
How can I fix the pregnant walk on my no-longer-pregnant sim?
I tried resetting her, and deleting her and reloading the lot. I looked in SimPE and couldn't see any flags to change - she is listed as not pregnant there. The batbox didn't seem helpful.
And still she waddles...

Edit - it's like magic, posting on here!...not five minutes later, the waddling stopped. The preg controller must have needed some time to respond to the delete/reload trick, I think.

As you were...

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Inventor
#30888 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 7:25 PM
Is there still a GUID registry for new object creations?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#30889 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Is there still a GUID registry for new object creations?

The database is gone, it's best to use a random generator to create new GUIDs.
Instructor
#30890 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 11:27 PM
It says this crate was extracted from Seasons: https://web.archive.org/web/2015111....1121.org/?p=34
My question is, when can you see this crate during regular gameplay?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30891 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corax
It says this crate was extracted from Seasons: https://web.archive.org/web/2015111....1121.org/?p=34
My question is, when can you see this crate during regular gameplay?

It's possibly what kids stand on when they go and harvest fruit from a fruit tree. I could be wrong but I can't think when else a crate might be needed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30892 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 9:46 AM
Default What does 'View' mean?
I'm wondering what on SimEarth does this mean?
Keith Cormier (a teen) has a menu option to "View" an adult visitor to the place where he lives. How can one Sim "view" another? (It reminds me a bit of Aspersim's recent thread, "How do you view your Sims?")
The Sim who appears to be available to be "viewed" is Doreen Capri, a new CAS Sim who hasn't yet been turned into a townie, is actually viewing a picture on the wall
so maybe it just means that Keith can join her in viewing the picture, and the game has got itself confused! Having saved the game, I am minded to try it and see what happens.

Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#30893 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 3:47 PM
I have been playing with Bon Voyage ever since it came out but although available in the prebuild houses section of the main und district hoods, I never placed a hotel there. What can I do with those? Can a sim buy them or can they just visit them? What is their (possible) use in a regular hood?
Test Subject
#30894 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I believe I can remove those delete buttons OK but I can't test it very thoroughly because the delete buttons only exist when cc is selected and I don't have any.
BuyBuildDeleteRemoved.zip (15.1 kB). Note this was made from/for M&Gs UI, I don't know if it'll cause problems in lower EP/SP setups.

This is the most underrated little piece of CC hidden on page 732 of this thread :O

I would love something similar to hide the delete buttons in CAS and hood deco menus
Instructor
#30895 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's possibly what kids stand on when they go and harvest fruit from a fruit tree. I could be wrong but I can't think when else a crate might be needed.

Sure thing, that was it. Thanks a lot!
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30896 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
I have been playing with Bon Voyage ever since it came out but although available in the prebuild houses section of the main und district hoods, I never placed a hotel there. What can I do with those? Can a sim buy them or can they just visit them? What is their (possible) use in a regular hood?

Yes, I had a hotel in my last neighbourhood (in the main hood) and sims could rent a room if they wanted to. I used it as the place to go for sims trying to have discreet extramarital relationships. I had a restaurant in the hotel too, so there was an NPC bellhop, host, chef, waiters and housekeeper (cleaner). I think if you were to have a hotel as owned business you'd need to have a bellhop and someone to clean the rooms as a minimum- I've never tried this in a main hood!
Mad Poster
#30897 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 8:47 PM
I didn't know you could use a hotel in the main hood at all, simsample. Does it automatically revert to rental property if you do use it in the main hood? (as a community lot, of course, not owned.)

Forum Resident
#30898 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 10:05 PM
I did one at Jeans Shaker Oasis, but I didn't think to add restaurant. Perhaps that is why there are no more staff than the reception.

Now I've been wanting to try it... I don't remember a housekeeper... Or maybe yes?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30899 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I didn't know you could use a hotel in the main hood at all, simsample. Does it automatically revert to rental property if you do use it in the main hood? (as a community lot, of course, not owned.)

No, it's a functional hotel, although I didn't see people rent the rooms (although sims from the tourist pool always showed up). But my playables could rent a room (couldn't access them otherwise) and sleep there. No idea if it would work as an owned lot.

Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I did one at Jeans Shaker Oasis, but I didn't think to add restaurant. Perhaps that is why there are no more staff than the reception.

Now I've been wanting to try it... I don't remember a housekeeper... Or maybe yes?

Yes, I had a, NPC housekeeper/ maid just as in the hotels in the vacation destinations. I can never even get restaurants to be profitable, so I didn't even try having a sim buy it as a business.
Link Ninja
#30900 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 10:39 PM
My experience with hotel-zoned lots in the main hood/subhoods are they cannot be owned as they must be community lots to show up as ownable real-estate. My playable sims can travel to and stay in them (just can't save like on a BV subhood) so I make them go on 'short weekends' away. If you set the hotel as a community lot it will show up to own BUT the special doors don't work, sims won't check in, etc so it's not really a 'functional' hotel lot. I have never had a sim try buying it but I have sent my playables to a community lot-zoned hotel and they couldn't check in and other randos would barge in while they were trying to have clandestine moments to watch TV.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 1236 of 1345