Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Painting Pandemonium! 15 non-default paintings for your sims! [Minor Update Aug. 6th]

by QBUILDERZ Posted 6th Aug 2009 at 10:44 AM - Updated 12th Apr 2013 at 6:10 PM by QBUILDERZ

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 74 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 4:31 AM
Very nice I can always use some good art! Thank you!

A Sims 3 Social Site !
http://www.simaroo.com
Test Subject
#52 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 4:31 AM
Great job love them

A Sims 3 Social Site !
http://www.simaroo.com
Test Subject
#53 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 8:38 PM
I'm getting sick of the paintings shipped with the game.
I'm downloading all of these right away!
Thanks so much!!
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 5:30 AM
Thanks for this; I've been wanting some more pictures!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 1:57 AM
Thanks! Lovely pics, grabbing them all.
Test Subject
#56 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:46 PM
I still don't get how you can put the paintings in different hights?
Scholar
#57 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:28 PM
I ADORE this wonderful work.Very grateful to you for sharing so beautiful paintings.They will be the first custom paintings in my game.A huge Thank you and a big hug.
Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 10:27 PM
Yeah, I agree with komaja8.
How DO you put the paintings in different heights?

Thanks a bunch for the art btw!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 10:58 PM
Thanks again SO much for all the comments guys! I -am- in the process of making mroe paintings, hopefully they will be even BETTER than these ones :D

Komaja8 and Hedvig - Please read the main post

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 5:38 AM
Paints
Damn!!!!!

You do your thing they are great

I am in love :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#61 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 3:52 AM
haha, the mystery man description made me lol. They look excellent as usual. :P

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
#62 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:56 AM
These are fabulous, thank you very much. Have been looking for great paintings for my houses for ages!
Test Subject
#63 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 10:34 AM
Did you use acrostacking and geoblending to put the paintings like that becouse I just don't get it. I must be stupied...
Forum Resident
#64 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 6:01 PM
Oh! Sims3 paintings are awful! thank you for these! (I love your new avatar too )
Test Subject
#65 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 10:48 AM
really nice stuff! thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#66 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 11:15 PM
Hey!!!! These are awesome!!!
The Nature and Antique ones work great, but the Colorful set won't unzip. Is there any way tou can re upload or something? Thanks for all of your hard work, they are awesome!!!
<3 Pennyjen
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pennyjen
Hey!!!! These are awesome!!!
The Nature and Antique ones work great, but the Colorful set won't unzip. Is there any way tou can re upload or something? Thanks for all of your hard work, they are awesome!!!
<3 Pennyjen

I just downloaded the file to check and had no problems, try again maybe?

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 1:35 AM
Thanks heaps! More variety is always welcome!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:01 PM Last edited by mtsimguy : 1st Feb 2010 at 4:12 AM. Reason: Found out that problem was caused by corrupt TXTC
Default Painting is a blank frame when stolen
I'm having a problem with "Across the Day," a painting from your Natural set. It is the same problem that I'm having with my custom paintings and I have no idea how to solve.

As an experiment I hung "Across the Day" in the art gallery in Riverview and then had my kleptomaniac sim attempt to steal it. He stole the EA created Detention Hall poster, the vase and finally on the third attempt he stole "Across the Day."

When I took the tagged stolen painting out of the family inventory and hung it on the wall, all that was left is the blank frame. The image on the painting has disappeared. When I go into Buy Mode, pick up and move the tagged stolen painting around, the changed image and description show up. A tiny thumbnail icon of the painting also appears when I instruct my sim to view the painting, but the painting itself is only a blank frame.

When I take an untagged painting out of the Buy catalog and hang it on the wall, the image shows up on the painting.

Eureka! I just installed and ran Delphys Dahsboard, wondering what the program did. After I ran it, the Dashboard highlighted "Across the Day" and my custom paintings (which were also created with an early version of the cloner) and indicated that the paintings had corrupt TXTC. I elected to fix the problems.

The paintings tagged as having been stolen no longer had blank wooden frames when I took them out of the family inventory and hung them on the wall.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#70 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:20 AM
Great paintings! That I would so love to download to my game, but my editor keeps saying all those files are corrupt? Can you offer any help at all? I'd really, really appreciate it. Thanks again for all your hardwork. They're truly great!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 3:53 PM
Hmm, they shouldn't be corrupt files because I reinstalled mine and they worked. Maybe try again?

Mtsimguy - I am so sorry I missed your post! I am glad you got it fixed though

Field Researcher
#72 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 10:59 PM
Seems these files are corrupt indeed, they were causing major problems in my game (which is fine without these files, took me 4 days to go through all my content to find the problem) so unless this gets fixed or updated I wouldn't suggest downloading these.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 4:39 PM
^ Major in what ways? These are very, very old (like first when TS3 came out old) and I do not have the means of fixing these while in college. Clarification would be great.

Field Researcher
#74 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 12:05 PM
When these files were in my game I'd try to save but it would go into a never ending save and I'd have to start task manager to shut the program down. It corrupted my caches and made my saved neighbourhoods unable to load, obviously this was easily fixed but it does show the files themselves are corrupted.

None of my saved neighbourhoods were even using these paintings, they were corrupting the caches just by being loaded in Buy Mode. It might not be every single painting that's corrupted but it's definitely one of them.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 6:09 PM
Alrighty, I tacked up a warning on the first post. Since I don't have the files to fix these (I am at uni right now, everything is on my old computer back home [maybe]) I'll just make it clear these are unsupported and should be used at people's own discretion.

Page 3 of 4