Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Meshing Toolkit - version 1.4.9 uploaded 12/20/2018

by CmarNYC Posted 26th Jul 2012 at 2:58 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2018 at 3:05 PM by CmarNYC

296 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 12
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#201 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 4:49 AM
The best thing ever! Oh my goodness, 100x thank you so much! Assigning bones has never been easier!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#202 Old 1st May 2014 at 3:18 AM
oh my god!
Thanks a lot!
this help me so much!
THANKS POST
#203 Old 22nd May 2014 at 10:12 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#204 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 9:18 PM
really thank
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#205 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 1:11 PM
thank for this tool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#206 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:17 PM
A really usefull tool, thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#207 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:15 AM
Wow this tool is one hell of easy to use tool I wished that I did look for it before I had to work hard on Franken my mesh without this software
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator THANKS POST
#208 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:20 AM
Cmar, I have to thank you personally and profusely for this. I finally got a chance to use it and I am absolutely astounded at how easy it is to use and how well it works. If I had known it was this easy, I would've started doing TS3 clothes a long time ago! This tool is amazing, and I cannot thank you enough for all the work you must have put into it. <3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#209 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Cmar, I have to thank you personally and profusely for this. I finally got a chance to use it and I am absolutely astounded at how easy it is to use and how well it works. If I had known it was this easy, I would've started doing TS3 clothes a long time ago! This tool is amazing, and I cannot thank you enough for all the work you must have put into it. <3

HP, I'm blushing. Thank you!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#210 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 4:12 AM
NOTE: Sorry for double/re-post, so sorry. I accidentally deleted my old one, really sorry.

This programme is like my dream! But, for what I need (converting things from TS3 to TS2) I'm experiencing some errors. My version is up to date. I'm using the "Auto Tools for WSO>Auto-assign Bones" function. I'm sure I'm using the right reference and modifiable mesh, everything's fine in that area. But here's what happens when I put it in Milkshape (the bones are being messy, so..) left is original, right is the one I used with the toolkit.

http://i.imgur.com/tOCbIhq.png?1

Interpolation is checked, and I am using the highest quality GEOM in the mesh.

Sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this error, but I don't know where else to find help for this. Thanks again for this awesome tool though.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#211 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by modtheharm
NOTE: Sorry for double/re-post, so sorry. I accidentally deleted my old one, really sorry.

This programme is like my dream! But, for what I need (converting things from TS3 to TS2) I'm experiencing some errors. My version is up to date. I'm using the "Auto Tools for WSO>Auto-assign Bones" function. I'm sure I'm using the right reference and modifiable mesh, everything's fine in that area. But here's what happens when I put it in Milkshape (the bones are being messy, so..) left is original, right is the one I used with the toolkit.

Interpolation is checked, and I am using the highest quality GEOM in the mesh.

Sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this error, but I don't know where else to find help for this. Thanks again for this awesome tool though.

Do you mean you're using Toolkit on TS2 meshes? I need more information on the meshes you're using - where you got them, etc. it would be best if you'd upload them.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#212 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Do you mean you're using Toolkit on TS2 meshes? I need more information on the meshes you're using - where you got them, etc. it would be best if you'd upload them.

Kinda. On the left is TS2, on the right is TS3. I'm trying to convert a dress (right picture) to Sims 2 using what's in the left picture as a reference. The reference is a Maxis dress, and the dress I'm trying to convert is a TS3 dress from EAxis. I included the reference mesh and the original GEOM (I don't think you'll need it for testing, but just in case). Let me know if there's anything I need to include.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Homecoming TS3 Dress WIP - modtheharm.rar (351.2 KB, 8 downloads)
Description: Files
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#213 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:20 AM
Your reference also has those very distinct bone assignment areas - not much overlap of bones - so I assume you mean the places where the borders between areas aren't straight, especially the front of the skirt? You may have to touch up those areas manually. Toolkit isn't perfect, especially when vertices in the mesh to be modified fall 'in-between' the vertices of the reference mesh and have to be interpolated. The interpolation is just an estimate.

I'm finishing up a new version of Toolkit that has some added options for the interpolation. I tried them with this mesh but can't say it made much improvement. Still, you may find the current development version useful so I've attached it. The 'Seam Fixer' function isn't fully working yet and not everything is tested, but the Auto- stuff works. Try making the Weighting Power a little smaller, like 1.5, and experiment.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MeshToolKit_1_4_8_0.zip (300.2 KB, 26 downloads)

Test Subject
#214 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:57 AM
should have an instruction manuuel haha
Test Subject
#215 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Your reference also has those very distinct bone assignment areas - not much overlap of bones - so I assume you mean the places where the borders between areas aren't straight, especially the front of the skirt? You may have to touch up those areas manually. Toolkit isn't perfect, especially when vertices in the mesh to be modified fall 'in-between' the vertices of the reference mesh and have to be interpolated. The interpolation is just an estimate.

I'm finishing up a new version of Toolkit that has some added options for the interpolation. I tried them with this mesh but can't say it made much improvement. Still, you may find the current development version useful so I've attached it. The 'Seam Fixer' function isn't fully working yet and not everything is tested, but the Auto- stuff works. Try making the Weighting Power a little smaller, like 1.5, and experiment.

Thanks loads. It's making a difference, but not much. Is there anything else you might suggest to mess with to fix the non-straightness and non-blendiness?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#216 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 6:08 PM
All I can suggest is to try different combinations of the various options. You'll probably have to do some manual adjustments, though.

Test Subject
#217 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:07 AM
Hi Cmar
your tools are amazing, but im not shure to understand to use corectly...

i am a beginner in meshes and morph modification, i trying to "change" the morph of an adult horse to a "dragon" (or something fun...)

but im not shure to understand how to procede (im french)

please can you explain me step by step how to procede ?

i have allready trying to change it withe TSR workshope, when i choose it, the horse look like this (image 1) (adult horse everyday-ah body)

i export in .obj in milkshape 1.8.5, i just make an horne in the head (for testing) and i export in .obj, in tsrw

export to package (look better to sim3pack...) in game

and he look like this...(image-2) morph modification look ok, but the skin...is "mix" (i think its because the horse is cut in 5 parts...)

(if image dont show correctly, try save as...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  tsr-horse-bizare copie.jpg (220.7 KB, 12 downloads)
Description: image-1
File Type: jpg  horse-skin-mix.jpg (537.9 KB, 10 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#218 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saebo
Hi Cmar
your tools are amazing, but im not shure to understand to use corectly...

i am a beginner in meshes and morph modification, i trying to "change" the morph of an adult horse to a "dragon" (or something fun...)

but im not shure to understand how to procede (im french)

please can you explain me step by step how to procede ?

i have allready trying to change it withe TSR workshope, when i choose it, the horse look like this (image 1) (adult horse everyday-ah body)

i export in .obj in milkshape 1.8.5, i just make an horne in the head (for testing) and i export in .obj, in tsrw

export to package (look better to sim3pack...) in game

and he look like this...(image-2) morph modification look ok, but the skin...is "mix" (i think its because the horse is cut in 5 parts...)

(if image dont show correctly, try save as...)

Animal meshes are very difficult to work with since they have two UV maps, and the morph is used for fur. From those pictures it looks like a UV mapping problem. Make sure you've converted the mesh to a single UV format, make your changes, and then convert it back.

This really isn't a good project for a beginner, though. Maybe you should start with a couple of human clothing meshes.

Test Subject
#219 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 3:36 PM
Thanks for your quick reply, I will try to change the uv maps, I anticipate also modify some meshes of clothing for men and women, but as I find nothing in the topics of animals, I wanted to find first
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#220 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:37 PM
Hello Cmar. I have never tried meshing before because I found it so intimidating. But after reading the comments about how this tool simplifies the process, it makes me want to give it a go. Thank you so much for your many contributions to TS3 modding community. Also thank you for your patience when explaining things no matter how many times you have to repeat the same information over again. Much appreciated! Cheers.
Test Subject
#221 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 1:37 PM
Dear CmarNYC ~
I would like to ask whether this tool will appear in SIM4 ??
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#222 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miasmahissy
Dear CmarNYC ~
I would like to ask whether this tool will appear in SIM4 ??

Not THIS tool but I do have a Sims 4 tool in the Sims 4 tools forum for testing and development. Sims 4 has some peculiarities that make it quite a bit more challenging to have a tool like this work well which is why it's not an official upload yet.

Test Subject
#223 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:47 PM
Dear CmarNYC, Mesh Toolkit is great and I've been using it for a while with no problems. Well, until now and I'm sure it's me and not the program. I'm trying to "Add Morphs to Clothing/Hair" by loading GEOM Morph Meshes under Package Tools. However, I can't seem to figure out how to load my morph meshes into the appropriate slots. I feel like I'm missing something really simple but just can't figure out what. It just says no valid morph meshes added because I can't figure out how to load them. Additionally, AutoCreate Morph BGEO will not let me "select file". I can press it all day but no pop ups appear. I'd like to figure that out because I have a mesh that has absolutely no morphs (fat/thin/fit)/BGEO files and I'm trying to find a way to rectify that so I can add a pregnant morph. Thank you so so so much!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#224 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jadedmoon470
Dear CmarNYC, Mesh Toolkit is great and I've been using it for a while with no problems. Well, until now and I'm sure it's me and not the program. I'm trying to "Add Morphs to Clothing/Hair" by loading GEOM Morph Meshes under Package Tools. However, I can't seem to figure out how to load my morph meshes into the appropriate slots. I feel like I'm missing something really simple but just can't figure out what. It just says no valid morph meshes added because I can't figure out how to load them. Additionally, AutoCreate Morph BGEO will not let me "select file". I can press it all day but no pop ups appear. I'd like to figure that out because I have a mesh that has absolutely no morphs (fat/thin/fit)/BGEO files and I'm trying to find a way to rectify that so I can add a pregnant morph. Thank you so so so much!

To use the 'Add Morphs to Clothing/Hair' tab;

Select the package,
Select your source - in your case 'Use GEOM Morph Meshes' - a list of lods should show up in the box underneath,
Select which morph you're adding,
Select the morph mesh(es) for each lod. Clothing starts with lod1,
When the meshes are all loaded, click 'Add Morph to Package',
Click either 'Save Package' or 'Save as New Package' to save your work,
Click 'Close Package' or close Mesh Toolkit.

I'm sorry if the Autocreate Morph BGEO isn't working - that's probably a bug. I've been working on a new version of Toolkit for some time and that's been corrected. I really have to get around to finishing it up and uploading it.

Test Subject
#225 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 12:29 PM
Will this be updated for Sims 4?
Page 9 of 12