Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 23-JUL-2016) Eat Outside Restaurants + Waiters

by icarus_allsorts Posted 5th May 2014 at 8:32 PM - Updated 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:51 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod update

134 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 83 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 5:24 PM
Great mod!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 6:55 PM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 13th Jun 2014 at 2:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by juna
And your question, Yes, I and my friend have installed Seasons.

Hmm, that means that isn't the source of the problem like I thought. Anyways, I've updated the mod to add the interactions differently, give the latest version a try and see if it solves the problem you reported.

EDIT: Sorry, had to reverse some of the changes I made. Still, try out the latest version of the mod and tell me if the problem is still there.
Test Subject
#53 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 3:08 PM
Thank you so much for trying to fix this problem!!
It's hard to say this... but this update (14-JUN-2014 version) didn't solve my problem. Still no interactions appeared on Bistro/Diner in my game.

Using this mod, I was watching Bistro and Diner for a while. I noticed non-active Sims eating outside Bistro and Diner! (*first image)
Maybe I misunderstood my problem. This mod seems to work in my game too, just the problem is that the interactions isn't displayed, I think?(「この MOD は私の環境でも動いているようです。たダ問題はメニューが表示されないダけですかネ?」というつもりで書きました)

"AllowSetMenus true" after "testingcheatsenabled true" can pass (the cheats console(?) didn't return error) and "AllowSetMenus" cheat code is displayed in help (*second image). Set Menu interaction didn't appear though.

This time, my friend's situation was different from mine.
He said that the default Bistro/Diner interactions came to appear in his game by this update, but this mod's interactions didn't appear as before. He also said that "AllowSetMenus true" after "testingcheatsenabled true" didn't pass (the cheats console(?) said "不明なコマンド").

I'm getting really confused...
Thank you for your time!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 4:54 PM
It's hard to say this... but this update (14-JUN-2014 version) didn't solve my problem. Still no interactions appeared on Bistro/Diner in my game.

Using this mod, I was watching Bistro and Diner for a while. I noticed non-active Sims eating outside Bistro and Diner! (*first image)
Maybe I misunderstood my problem. This mod seems to work in my game too, just the problem is that the interactions isn't displayed,

"AllowSetMenus true" after "testingcheatsenabled true" can pass (the cheats console(?) didn't return error) and "AllowSetMenus" cheat code is displayed in help (*second image). Set Menu interaction didn't appear though.

This time, my friend's situation was different from mine.
He said that the default Bistro/Diner interactions came to appear in his game by this update, but this mod's interactions didn't appear as before. He also said that "AllowSetMenus true" after "testingcheatsenabled true" didn't pass (the cheats console(?)

Yea, I'm sorry, I did try to fix the problem in the Jun 13th update but had to pull that back because the fix I tried would cause the interactions to be unusable autonomously.

As you've noted the eat out interaction seems to be working in your game, just that an error is occurring when you click on the rabbitholes. It might help if you install the NRaas Selector mod (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Selector) and try clicking on a Diner or a Bistro to see if you get a ScriptError. If you do get one, send it to me to look at, it might tell me where the problem is since I can't figure it out at the moment.

Also it seems my computer isn't displaying Japanese at all for this site so I'm not sure what happened on your friend's game with the cheat code. Was there an error when he tried to type it?
Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 4:14 PM
Thank you for your quick reply!
Okay, I just did your instructions and I got a ScriptError. I hope this would help...!

Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Also it seems my computer isn't displaying Japanese at all for this site so I'm not sure what happened on your friend's game with the cheat code. Was there an error when he tried to type it?

Sorry, I thought Japanese characters was displayed on your computer. Maybe my post was really messed up, wasn't it? I'm sorry.
And yes, after he typed "AllowSetMenus true", the game returned an error message "unknown command". It is a literal English translation of what I wrote in Japanese in previous post.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ScriptError_juna.zip (2.0 KB, 15 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 9:56 AM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 17th Jun 2014 at 10:23 AM.
I just did your instructions and I got a ScriptError. I hope this would help...!

And yes, after he typed "AllowSetMenus true", the game returned an error message "unknown command".

Thank you! This finally revealed what the problem is - basically the difference between the punctuation marks used in the game's Japanese font caused the interaction to throw an error. Should be easy to fix

(EDIT: Okay, SHOULD be fixed in the current version, but again I only have the English version of the game so I can't confirm if it fixes the problem in Japanese version. Give this new version a try and tell me how it goes. Thank you for your patience btw Also the "unknown command" message in your friend's game seems to indicate that the mod isn't being detected by his game at all, not sure why though. He might need to check if the mod is properly placed in his mods folder)
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 12:25 PM Last edited by TAC : 18th Jun 2014 at 12:29 AM.
Hello, here is a friend of juna who has told by her several times in this issue.
I just come to tell you:
This wonderful mod finally came to work with me too! All function fully works by now!
And I'm really thankful to your efforts for us Japanese version's players this time.
I've been a big fan of your mods up to this day, and yeah, also about your personality, too, by now

By the way, about my "unknown command" at a previous version, me neither don't know how / why it came so though, guess it's a just personal problem.
Cos after installed a certain software to my PC, I received small system problems this and that.
If that is the reason of "unknown command", I am very sorry to bother you.

Anyway, I can enjoy meals outside with my sims now, thank you so much again :D

Always,
TAC

PS. Sorry for my poor English
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Thank you! This finally revealed what the problem is - basically the difference between the punctuation marks used in the game's Japanese font caused the interaction to throw an error. Should be easy to fix

(EDIT: Okay, SHOULD be fixed in the current version, but again I only have the English version of the game so I can't confirm if it fixes the problem in Japanese version. Give this new version a try and tell me how it goes. Thank you for your patience btw Also the "unknown command" message in your friend's game seems to indicate that the mod isn't being detected by his game at all, not sure why though. He might need to check if the mod is properly placed in his mods folder)

Oh, finally!! I'm glad you found what caused the problem. And thank you for the immediate update!

I've tried the current version, and all interactions including this mod's came to show up on Bistro and Diner! Set menus cheat code also worked fine in my game!

Thank you so much for taking your time to fix this issue! I really appreciate it! :lovestruc
I'll recommend this mod to Japanese users
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TAC
This wonderful mod finally came to work with me too! All function fully works by now!
And I'm really thankful to your efforts for us Japanese version's players this time.Anyway, I can enjoy meals outside with my sims now, thank you so much again :D

I've tried the current version, and all interactions including this mod's came to show up on Bistro and Diner! Set menus cheat code also worked fine in my game!

I'm really glad to hear that it's finally working in your games! Thank you both again for your reports or I would probably never have figured out the source of the problem in the first place
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#60 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 4:10 PM
This is simply brilliant! The detail and thought you put into this is exceptional, thank you for your hard work, and for persisting.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:38 PM
Love it ! brilliant!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#62 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:30 AM
Thanks for this mod...got tired of my sims eating inside the diner with perfectly good tables outside. :-)
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 10:03 AM
does this work for rabbit hole rugs?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by michael.c.gallo
does this work for rabbit hole rugs?

It should. I remember tweaking it to always look for the closest available table instead of any random one on the lot like the default interaction since I had a venue with the Bistro rug on the very top of a high rise and sims would still choose to eat on the ground floor
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#65 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 10:39 AM
I found out that it does myself! place a bistro/diner rabbit hole rug inside a normally useless restaurant building with this mod, and you got yourself sims that eat inside, and YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE IT! Awesome!
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:00 PM
Hi there,
Thank you for your great work, icarus-allsorts.

With the current mod-version (UPDATE: 17-JUN-2014), it still seems to be a problem:
The cheat "Allowset Menus True" and the set-up menus do not work.
Game version: Patch 1.67 Region 2 (Europe, Australia & Rest of World)
It would be great if you could look over again!

Best Regards SimTycoon
Test Subject
#67 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 4:41 PM
I have found the problem. It was the description of the mod:

It says: "AllowSet Menus True"

but that you have to enter:

"AllowSetMenus True" >>>> Without space

Now it finally works!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimTycoon
I have found the problem. It was the description of the mod:

It says: "AllowSet Menus True"

but that you have to enter:

"AllowSetMenus True" >>>> Without space

Now it finally works!

Thanks for pointing that out, didn't notice I mistyped the space there
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 2:19 AM
Thanks!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 8:40 PM
YES! Finally I can enjoy my sims while eating out! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#71 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:14 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#72 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 4:38 PM Last edited by Jezabeel : 10th Aug 2014 at 4:56 PM.
Default no sim to sim interactions after installing the mod
Hello

Just today I installed Your mod and it seems, that it swiched off all sim to sim interactions. Everything else worked normally, but when I tried clicking on another sim nothing happened. I tried reloading the game and it didn't help. I also tried deleting the mod, clearing the cache and reloading the game and it didn't help either.

My sims were in Egypt when I installed the mod, so I tried returning from the vacation. This did not bring the interactions back. Only when I moved my household out of the house and moved it in again did the interactions come back. I did not save my game or family during this procedure. And when after that I loaded the game (tho one done in Egypt, before returning/moving) the interactions were back. So I guess that the thing that really brings the interactions back after uninstalling the mod is changing the active household.

I have all EP's and Stuff packs (except Katy Perry) and a whole bunch of the store content. I am running most up to date version of the game. I have only a few mods installed - Nraas Master controller, sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul, animated woo hoo, Yours bring food and drink and a couple of little scripted item mods.

I think there is a conflict with between Your mod and one of the mods I already have. I'm just posting this because I've found out thet lots of people have such no interaction bug and they search for the mods that may cause this problem.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jezabeel
Just today I installed Your mod and it seems, that it swiched off all sim to sim interactions. Everything else worked normally, but when I tried clicking on another sim nothing happened. I tried reloading the game and it didn't help. I also tried deleting the mod, clearing the cache and reloading the game and it didn't help either.

Quote: Originally posted by Jezabeel
I have all EP's and Stuff packs (except Katy Perry) and a whole bunch of the store content. I am running most up to date version of the game. I have only a few mods installed - Nraas Master controller, sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul, animated woo hoo, Yours bring food and drink and a couple of little scripted item mods.

Hi Jezabeel. No interactions when clicking on sims usually means an outdated mod editing the SocialData XML, and from your list sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul does fit that description. Could you try loading your game without that mod to see if that solves the problem?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:13 AM
Love this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 4:58 PM
Another much needed mod addition for my game.
Page 3 of 6