Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fashion and Modelling Career - Design, Model, Writer - UPDATED JUNE 2022

by DiamondVixen96 Posted 21st Apr 2018 at 1:58 AM - Updated 21st Jun 2022 at 2:32 PM by DiamondVixen96

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:09 PM
anyone knows that it still works with the new update??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jennacide115
seasons broke all custom careers pretty sure it doesn't work. don't really wanna try and break my game

I haven’t heard of this issue. If you don’t want to risk it it’s fine. I don’t have time to update it at the moment, I’ll try and get my careers updated on the weekend if this is the case.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:45 AM
Career updated for seasons!
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:43 PM
is ist possible, that costum careers can not be "used" by teens?
I have the mod, that teens can get all jobs, but this career does not show up

when I try with an adult sim, it is available...

by the way: If you want a german translation for your mod, just PM me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by screeny30
is ist possible, that costum careers can not be "used" by teens?
I have the mod, that teens can get all jobs, but this career does not show up

when I try with an adult sim, it is available...

by the way: If you want a german translation for your mod, just PM me

Hi yes I don’t think this works with teens. As I used a ready made program to make the career it’s restricted to what the program automatically allows. Teen careers would probably require some more scripting which I can’t do. However if someone wanted to make it available for teens by altering it themselves for their own use they could, I’m sure.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 4:05 AM
<3
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 1:04 AM
Neia's career commons had to be updated with the July 31 patch, and any careers made with it had to be as well. Popping in to comment, as I was about to put this on one of my primary play gals.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amy
Neia's career commons had to be updated with the July 31 patch, and any careers made with it had to be as well. Popping in to comment, as I was about to put this on one of my primary play gals.

Thanks for letting me know, will update my careers tomorrow (my time AEST) and release an update please keep an eye out!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 3:58 AM
Updated
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 2:40 PM
Thank you for updating this i"m getting a lot of LE...<desyncdata> Failure: 'DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer.pyo' (DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer.pyo) (ImportError: No module named 'DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer.pyo'; DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer is not a package)&#xD;
Traceback (most recent call last):&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 119, in import_modules_by_path&#xD;
File "&lt;frozen importlib._bootstrap&gt;", line 1520, in _find_and_load_unlocked&#xD;
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__'&#xD;
&#xD;
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:&#xD;
&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 116, in import_modules_by_path&#xD;
ImportError: No module named 'DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer.pyo'; DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer is not a package&#xD;
</desyncdata>
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 11:08 PM
In my game it doesn't work, i tried to load my main household, in wich a sim had that career but its showing up a pop-up.
"Error code: 102:c4aa9ed:4601ce31"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chiastallon
Thank you for updating this i"m getting a lot of LE...<desyncdata> Failure: 'DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer.pyo' (DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer.pyo) (ImportError: No module named 'DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer.pyo'; DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer is not a package)&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 119, in import_modules_by_path&#xD;
File "&lt;frozen importlib._bootstrap&gt;", line 1520, in _find_and_load_unlocked&#xD;
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__'&#xD;
&#xD;
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:&#xD;
&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 116, in import_modules_by_path&#xD;
ImportError: No module named 'DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer.pyo'; DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer is not a package&#xD;
</desyncdata>

I have no idea what this is. I’ll play around with it today and if I can replicate this LE I’ll see if I can fix it. Keep an eye out for my future comments or on an update soon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pinheiro
In my game it doesn't work, i tried to load my main household, in wich a sim had that career but its showing up a pop-up.
"Error code: 102:c4aa9ed:4601ce31"

I dont know what the issue was with you and the previous comment poster, cos i didnt have the issues you both mentioned.
Ive updated the file (I just exported it again and went through the same process as before) so please remove and replace with the new ones, and let me know how it goes
Test Subject
#39 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 3:05 AM
Default Same problem
Quote: Originally posted by DiamondVixen96
I dont know what the issue was with you and the previous comment poster, cos i didnt have the issues you both mentioned.
Ive updated the file (I just exported it again and went through the same process as before) so please remove and replace with the new ones, and let me know how it goes

Still got the same problem. I've heard people say that it should be only one file deep "The Sims 4>Mods>Careers" is that the way to put it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:05 AM
Still got the same problem. I've heard people say that it should be only one file deep "The Sims 4>Mods>Careers" is that the way to put it?

It’s working perfectly fine in my game, I’m not getting any errors.
So Yes, I’d recommend placing them only one file deep, or even just in the mods file itself. Also make sure that neias careers commons is the newest one attached to my download, and the old careers commons file is removed completely. I don’t know what else to suggest sorry x
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:29 PM Last edited by Pinheiro : 7th Aug 2018 at 10:30 PM. Reason: typo
Quote: Originally posted by DiamondVixen96
It’s working perfectly fine in my game, I’m not getting any errors.
So Yes, I’d recommend placing them only one file deep, or even just in the mods file itself. Also make sure that neias careers commons is the newest one attached to my download, and the old careers commons file is removed completely. I don’t know what else to suggest sorry x

The problem was how deep it was, 1 file deep is enough for my game, thank you! Keep at it with modding!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:41 PM
The problem was how deep it was, 1 file deep is enough for my game, thank you! Keep at it with modding!

Great!! So glad you got it working, hope you enjoy it
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 5:37 AM
It says my sim is supposed to get off at 5pm but she doesn't actually come home till 7pm?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Harley_Quinn586
It says my sim is supposed to get off at 5pm but she doesn't actually come home till 7pm?

Sims is known to lag, and finish late, even with schools finishing at 4 or 430.
Whatever end time says in the tab, is when the mod was created to finish. If your sims start late they may stay later too.
Nonetheless I hope you still like it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:32 AM
All the careers I've downloaded say 'UNPAID' when I go to choose one How do I fix this? Am I doing something wrong? Am new to this... thank you... and thanks for the awesome mod
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KleopatraSatine
All the careers I've downloaded say 'UNPAID' when I go to choose one How do I fix this? Am I doing something wrong? Am new to this... thank you... and thanks for the awesome mod

You can't fix it, you have to wait for the creators to update their careers. The patch broke them all.

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
SimsVIP Broken/Updated Mod List Keeper - Tracking the status of all mods in the community so you don't have to!
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 9:51 PM
I've noticed in my playthroughs that none of my custom careers gives any money since the new patch. Just a heads up
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lysi
I've noticed in my playthroughs that none of my custom careers gives any money since the new patch. Just a heads up

All my custom careers are broken with the get famous patch. Until the program used to make them is updated my careers won’t be usable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 6:40 AM
Updated For Get Famous Patch
Test Subject
#50 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 2:33 PM
Hi! Thank you so much for this update Great work!

There is a slight problem though.. my sim doesn't seem to be getting paid. Haha. Sim is getting paid when she gets to a higher position, but not receiving salary.
I have seasons, maybe that could be the reason why? Otherwise, it works perfectly though.
Page 2 of 3