Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 9:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default random game crashing
Hello, maybe someone would know why my game is crashing, is it cc related or maybe I'm out of memory? thanks
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2022.01.26 21.46.21.txt (14.3 KB, 14 downloads)
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 3:29 AM
Well... first you're going to want to use this to check for any mod conflicts: http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/N...s/HcduPlus.html
Also, you can use SimPE to check for conflicting object GUIDS (those tend to crash the game). Then I want you to check for any conflicting meshes. For example, I've had trouble with a normal maxis hand mesh and a smooth hand clothing mesh conflicting. It was pretty ugly. Check any CC you might have added recently by removing it and seeing if the game is okay afterwards, etc. Ohh, and from what I can understand of the log, it's not a memory issue.
Finally, do you have any Sims 2 store content? because some of the objects tend to cause crashing. There's like a chair or something? I hope I helped at least a little.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 3:42 AM
Can you say more about which situations your game is crashing in?
- Are you trying to access a particular place in the buy/build/CAS menu?
- Are you playing on heavy lots (weather, larger than 4x4, many floors, lots of CC...)
- Are you getting jump bugs or errors, or resetting sims, or other weird issues?
- Do you have lots of CC in general? (GBs of CC)
- How much RAM does your computer have, do you have Windows 10, and have you done anything else than the 4GB patch?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 11:49 AM
Does the game stop crashing when you take your CC out?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
Well... first you're going to want to use this to check for any mod conflicts: http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/N...s/HcduPlus.html
Also, you can use SimPE to check for conflicting object GUIDS (those tend to crash the game). Then I want you to check for any conflicting meshes. For example, I've had trouble with a normal maxis hand mesh and a smooth hand clothing mesh conflicting. It was pretty ugly. Check any CC you might have added recently by removing it and seeing if the game is okay afterwards, etc. Ohh, and from what I can understand of the log, it's not a memory issue.
Finally, do you have any Sims 2 store content? because some of the objects tend to cause crashing. There's like a chair or something? I hope I helped at least a little.

Thank you for your suggestions ! I use hcdu from time to time to control hack conflicting, but I totally forgot about SimPE ^^""" i'll check if there are any guid and meshes conflicts , I think it's highly possible because I have a lot of CC
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Does the game stop crashing when you take your CC out?
Yes, so it must be CC related I guess
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 11:29 PM Last edited by anusiamalusia : 3rd Feb 2022 at 5:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Can you say more about which situations your game is crashing in?
- Are you trying to access a particular place in the buy/build/CAS menu?
- Are you playing on heavy lots (weather, larger than 4x4, many floors, lots of CC...)
- Are you getting jump bugs or errors, or resetting sims, or other weird issues?
- Do you have lots of CC in general? (GBs of CC)
- How much RAM does your computer have, do you have Windows 10, and have you done anything else than the 4GB patch?

Hello, thanks for responding So, the situation is :
- Game crashes when I play on a lot, at different moments, and in buy mode when I try to pick different objects
-The lot is small , with weather, only one floor, 3 sims and 2 small pets (squirrel and parrot) the cc amount is small because it is my testing lot
- i know there are some errors from time to time, pop ups show up and they are pet visitors related
- Yes, my downloads folder has 13,5 GB
- 16 GB ram Windows 7, I remember when I was fighting with flashing pink soup, I used some steps from tutorials, like turning off shaders, putting to game folder dxvk.conf file , graphic rules maker and starting with 1 core. I think that's all I've changed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
I got shamed for this post with the red markers but this is what helped me

video to set up empty standby list
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=offcMVAabLI

then there was thread that also helps but I didn't find it helpful
https://modthesims.info/showthread....ght=4+gig+patch

(empty list standby program (free) is a program I use that lets me free up RAM on my WIndows 10 PC without needing to restart my computer every single time I play the sims 2. WIndows 10 for some reason has a bug or something that eats up your RAM with standby and if you don't empty your RAM often setup and use

https://wj32.org/wp/software/empty-standby-list/

your sims game will end up crashing more often, also helps to save your game often to prevent crashing to desktop as well. crashing is vary annoying, however I never got the 4GB patch to work even with a mod, RAMMAP is handy if you want to run multiple sims sessions without having to restart your computer in order to reset the RAM,

to download RAMMAP (free)
https://microsoft-rammap.en.softonic.com/

I must ask why does Standby take up so much ram the longer I keep my Pc on? I don't see the point, after I play my music for example or play the sims the Standby takes up like 99% of my RAM and sims 2 will crash if you don't have enough free ram available.

For those who do not know RAM stands for Random Access Memory, heck my radio station computer uses 16 gig of standby memory constantly I have no free ram on that server computer so I use (empty list standby program (free) to clear out the useless standby Memory in which does nothing but crash some apps

RAM is also something that is a separate chip on the motherboard but I can't and don't know why so much standby memory gets used up to begin with it's useless and only causes problems on large programs like the sims, however some programs will run fine eve if standby is taking up all your RAM or not, but not the sims 2

(edit) I did eventually got the 4gig patch to work

Hi! Thank you for suggestions, I already use rammap, empty standby and I have 4gb patch This is the tutorial I used to fix flashing pink and I think it worked, but my game still crashes, it's highly possible it's cc related so I'm working on it now by finding guid conflicts
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 3:19 PM
I probably was shunned out by the community because everyone who shunned me plays The Sims 4 and other newer PC games

You aren't shunned, there are just a few people who like to click buttons, which don't mean anything anyway! So Sims 2 simmers unite! Keep making your useful suggestions.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 3:23 PM
Finding old hardware in a new/good condition that's compatible is probably not something most people around the forum is comfortable doing. Not everyone here builds computers, or even knows which parts would be compatible or not. Suggesting a card that's at least 13 years old, probably very difficult to find, maybe even harder to pair with other parts, is perhaps not the ideal thing to do, though. I think there's still a lot of pre-builds and laptops going around. Could still be someone who finds the info useful.

(I had a custom build from 2009 - it played the game pretty decent, except for a few small annoyances).
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#13 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 4:06 PM
another thing I got shamed for on this forum was recommending an older video card, although CC is highly likely the cause? it also helps to be running the sims 2 on old hardware since the sims 2 is a vary old PC game

My video card was manufactured in 2009 and my motherboard and it's hardware is a 2014 custom build desktop with most parts being from 2013

More likely the disagrees came from those who play games other than TS2 and need newer components, and do not want two computers just to cater to one game.