Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 4:25 AM
Default CFE Help
I've been failing at CFE with this building. Really need some help.

Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 10:43 AM
Failing how? And what are you trying to achieve? Could you give us a bit more information?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme
Failing how? And what are you trying to achieve? Could you give us a bit more information?

I'm unable to line it with the roof, from the bottom to the top of the center. Still very new to CFE and not sure how to work it.
Alchemist
#4 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 6:37 PM
Line the building with the roof... Okay, I'm a bit lost here. I use CFE a lot but I'm not quite sure what you mean, sorry. Maybe someone else understands or you might explain a bit more? Maybe a referance picture?
dodgy builder
#5 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WesternShow
I'm unable to line it with the roof, from the bottom to the top of the center. Still very new to CFE and not sure how to work it.

Line what with the roof?

Are you talking about walls inside the building? In that case I'm going to leave to someone else, I barely remember anymore. If it's possible I would probably build the walls first and try to line the roof you end up with, but I don't know if you have the sliders in TS4.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 11:39 AM

Do you mean you want the inside walls to reach all the way to the roof? If so, don't bother with CFE, just use the roof tool to place more roofs of different types inside your current roof to automatically get the walls placed, then you can just remove the walls you don't need. I'd add some screenshots as an example, but I don't currently have the game installed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SmugTomato
Do you mean you want the inside walls to reach all the way to the roof? If so, don't bother with CFE, just use the roof tool to place more roofs of different types inside your current roof to automatically get the walls placed, then you can just remove the walls you don't need. I'd add some screenshots as an example, but I don't currently have the game installed.

Looking to line under the roof inside with tile so I don't see the ugly grey from the roof.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#8 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 10:42 PM
Looking to line under the roof inside with tile so I don't see the ugly grey from the roof.

If I am understanding correctly (not sure I am though), the problem you are having is that the roof line and the wall level line are too close together at some points(as pointed out in edited picture). The solution for this would be to remove the current roof and build a CFE floor on top of your first level that you can shorten from the normal 16 level height of a regular wall and place a roof on top of that level.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 2:07 AM

I am not sure I understand this at all either. If you just do not want to see the roof from inside, if seen, just add a flooring, which weatherproofs and you can do ceiling however wanted. ??? I weatherproof all buildings so have never even looked to see a room where is not done if the roof can be seen?
Alchemist
#10 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 10:54 AM

I think - maybe - this means that OP wants that high roof in the picture but they also want to get rid of the grey underside of it (the whole roof) and normally it's not possible to recolor/tile a high roof like a normal flat roof.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme
I think - maybe - this means that OP wants that high roof in the picture but they also want to get rid of the grey underside of it (the whole roof) and normally it's not possible to recolor/tile a high roof like a normal flat roof.

Will the horses care what the color is? Odds are no if well fed and pampered. LOL
dodgy builder
#12 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 10:14 PM
if you want to recolor roofs in TS3 and have cfe I think you have to color the roof first and then use cfe. Others knows more about this though. Is Teeheehee still active with this kind of thing?