Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 9:38 AM
Hi Slayerettes!
Okay at this moment there are no members
But hopefully that will change!
We'll start this thread off by introducing ourselves and tell us who your fave and least fave character is, fave episodes and what not.
Guess I'll start off then!
Fave characters: Spike before obsession with Buffy; Giles and Xander.
Least Fave: Faith
Fave episodes: OMWT, Hush, Pangs, Prophecy Girl, Graduation Day, Becoming and soooo many more!

straightroad14
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 5:21 PM
Well this seems innocuous enough, I suppose. It isn't quite what I would have expected to run into on MST2, but alright.

Introductions, you say?
I'm an old fan of BtVS up until season 6 - I stubbornly refuse to read or watch anything beyond that for certain reasons - and beyond watching and reading I have even dabbled just a teeny bit into the whole fanfic writing thing for this show as well.

Favourite characters? Ahh, but that is easy. ^_^
Tara reigns as number one for me, although both Willow and Faith are characters I love.
Favourite villain is of course Glorificus, she was just SO crazy. XD
Least favourite: Riley, followed by Angel.

Favourite episodes: Hush, New Moon Rising, Family, Doppelgängland, The Gift, Once More With Feeling. Honestly though, the show is full of great episodes.

/Ryûchan
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:32 AM
I agree Tara is pretty awesome, Glory was the best and heaps funner than the Mayor (which is saying a lot)
however I only liked Willow in Seasons 1 and 2..I didn't like the dabbling in the black arts thing she got into..
And well, Faith...I strongly dislike her
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 1:14 PM
Ah, my favourite show!

Fav characters: Xander, Willow, Tara and Anya.

Least fav: Faith...

Fav episode: ONCE MORE WITH FEELING!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 12:43 AM
Welcome Jay, to this very small group
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 6:27 AM
How could I resist the temptation of sharing my love of all things Buffy with a select group of fellow fans...?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:30 PM
Hehe I loved OMWT too
"I've got a theory..."
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:39 PM
"...that it's a demon.
A dancing demon... :-S Nah, something isn't right there."
Then it turned out to actually be exactly that. Go figure.
I would've thought, "Bunnies, bunnies it must be BUNNIIIEEES!!"
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:48 PM
Or it could be midgets!
*crickets chirping*
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 6:33 AM
Oh, well, it doesn't matter. (What can't we face if we're together?)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 6:52 PM
And hey, Buffy's died twice. XD

But lets not forget:
They got... the mustard... OOOOUUUUUUT!
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 8:23 PM
I'm really glad about that, you know...
But by far the most beautiful song was Tara's 'I'm under your spell'. It nearly made me cry... (That's just a joke, though.)
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 9:10 PM
Oh I agree, it is so beautiful... and she has such a nice singing voice.
"Through the fire" is another one I really like, but oh GOD do I wince every time I hear that awful "think I was in heeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaven" *shudder*

*hums* It isn't right, it isn't fair... there was no parking anywhere...

:D
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 10:51 PM Last edited by jay33721 : 16th Apr 2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
"...I think that hydrant wasn't there... Why can't you let it goooo? I think I paid more than my shaaaare! I'm just a poor girl, don't you care? Hey, I'm not wearing underwear!"
That's what I got when I took the soundtrack and filtered out everything else. Nearly laughed my head off when I first heard that...
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 11:19 PM
Yup! Especially knowing who it is that sings. XD

Regarding songs in BtVS, I fell completely head over heels for Giles' version of "Behind blue eyes", it is such a crime he never recorded it beyond the snippet that's in the show. T.T Or if he has, I've somehow missed it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 11:58 PM Last edited by straightroad14 : 17th Apr 2009 at 12:52 AM.
I liked the theme song most Ehehe!

And what about "Rest In Peace"! That was awesome!
"If my heart could beat it would BREAK my chest
but I can see you're unimpressed..
so let me beeeeeeee"

And how about Giles' song!
"Wish I could play the father and take you by the hand
Wish I could staaaaaayyyy herrre but now I understand
I'm standing in the waaayyyy"
Tony Head has such a beautiful voice :lovestruc Love it!

And how about
"She doesn't know what pleases
His penis got diseases from a Chumash tribe!"

Aaand how about Dawn's song! (no wait that was awful)

Sweet was awesome too
"Why'd you run away? Don't you like my style?"
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 6:22 AM
Yeah. And, of course, Giles and Tara together with "I wish I could stay", where they're in the Magic Box, singing to Buffy and Willow, but they don't hear anything. That was heart-wrenching stuff.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 8:18 AM
After I read this (really funny) fanfic I can no longer listen to Spike's song, because I hear something completely different from "rest". ^^;;

Ahh yes, Xander and Anya's hilarious song and dance number. XD Lines like "her toes are kind of hairy" or "his eyes are beady" are just unforgettable.

Is there any song from OMWF that you _don't_ like, though? I think they're all pretty good, but what about you guys?

Oh and lets not forget... "I've got to warn Buffy, there's every chance she might be next. Xander, help Willow... and try not to bleed on my couch, I just had it steam-cleaned..."
:D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 1:17 AM
Oh Ryu, I hated Restless!
It made no sense at all to me and I've given it so many chances..
no matter how many times I watch it I just find it dissapointing.
I like the scene with Spike in tweed on the swings with Giles though
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 2:18 AM
I never disliked any of the OMWF songs, but my least favorite is probably "I'll never tell"
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 9:05 PM
Wow, really? I love Restless, as do my friends... it is such a deliciously symbolic episode, with so much hidden away in the various "dreams". Willow's dream, with writing Sapphic poetry on Tara's back? *__*
Ahh, I just love weird stuff like, oh I don't know, the bits about the play? The cheese slice man? And I can analyse it all to my heart's content. XD
Field Researcher
#22 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 11:39 AM
Hi
So i'm new here... Buffy fan to the bone
Fav character must of course be buffy herself, absolutely adore her, though i didn't much care for the dark places the later series took her for, i liked the bouncing sparkling happy go lucky fun loving buffy from the first couple of seasons the best. Needles to say i did not like season 7 at all, for me it was a terrible ending, and for her to run of with not angel, not even spike but a whole other vampire in "Angel" was a complete dissaster.
I must say a rather like faith, her bad to the bone attitude was fun for some time, on the other hand i really truly do not like dawn, actually i detest her.
Also must love xander for all seasons he lifts the spirit of the series, and giles... he is another fav character...
Have a lot of favorate episodes. it's been a while since i've seen 'em all, so i'll have to go with my intuition and say that "something blue" left a great impression on me.
I guess i had a secret fantasy about buffy and spike getting together. Though he did a real nasty thing to her during his obsession of her, i never got why she never really gave him a chance nor could love him, I always saw him as angels surpirior 'cause of his kinder and more loving nature as a living man and because of his choise and battle to regain his soul - he was not just cursed...
There i'm all out of inspiration...

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 8:57 AM
Hi Shiba!
Welcome to our group *jumps for joy*
I suppose Angel's soul was pretty much just handed to him, he didn't work for it like Spike did.
I'm a bit confused for the ending of S6 though, did Spike go to the demon to get his soul back or to get his chip removed?
My impression was that he wanted to inflict further harm on Buffy ?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 8:58 AM
Cheeseman: I wear the cheese, the cheese does not wear me!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 10:03 AM
Hey newcomer, welcome and join the chorus! XD

Ah yes, Spike... from what I understood from that episode he was there to get his chip removed, and got his soul handed to him instead as sort of an "oopsie, should have specified what you meant" thing. ^^;
In Angel's case, his soul was also handed to him, but that was meant to be in punishment, right? I seem to recall that being the cause, that as long as he suffers he gets to keep his soul, and if he has just one moment of happiness (really, is the _only_ way he can get his happies sleeping with Buffy? I found that very, very strange ^.^;; ) and poof goes his soul.

*thinks* Is Angel's soul even his own, original soul, come to think of it?

Page 1 of 3