Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[FIRST CUSTOM PET ANIMATION] Canine Self-Defence Pratice Pad

by Kodiak Posted 27th Mar 2008 at 12:58 AM - Updated 23rd Oct 2011 at 9:42 PM by Kodiak

141 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 130 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 7:51 PM
This is quite possibly the most ridiculously awesome download I've come across for The Sims. Absolutely hilarious, I love it. And It's great that you included regular Pets animations with the item as well.

And per your request... here's an in-game shot of one of my Siberian Huskies having fun with it.
Screenshots
Scholar
#27 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 8:28 PM
Bravo it's a wonderful job ! Thank you !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:10 PM
Wow, what is that? It looks fantastic. I am nearly speechless! It seems to be very funny in game. I am already curious to see it. Simply unique.
Thank you very much for your outstanding work.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 10:56 PM
Something READABLE IN THE GAME? Gah, why did you have to ruin a phenomenon? It didn't need text.
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 11:34 PM
This is awsome! Congrats on being the first person to make a custom pet animation!
Wiki Wizard
#31 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 11:44 PM
Hey i had a feeling when i first saw it would be featuredAnd ten minutes later it is:o

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marvine
Wow that was pretty ambitious, I'm so glad you figured it out!

Thanks, Marvine. I heard you even go to the extend of trying face animation on Human Sims. That's something.

Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
Wow, you did a lot of work to accomplish this..a lot!. You've added a custom sound, that in and of itself is something to be very proud of, as that's really hard to get to work properly.

I lost interest in doing animations, after the negative comments and the demand for perfection. So I really want to wish you lots of luck. Try not to pay attention to people that don't know how hard these things are to create.

I see you also included many of the EA animations as options. Good job! Keep up the great work.

I truly flattered. You best understand how woking with these are all about as you have created animations too. Thanks for that. I'm sorry for your negative comments. But, so far I don't see any here. Thanks everyone! I love to see new animations, you did a great bike with complex BHAVs!

Quote: Originally posted by siberwolf
This is quite possibly the most ridiculously awesome download I've come across for The Sims. Absolutely hilarious, I love it. And It's great that you included regular Pets animations with the item as well.

And per your request... here's an in-game shot of one of my Siberian Huskies having fun with it.

I'm truly happy that you enjoyed it. And thanks for showing you cute Husky!

Quote: Originally posted by Nelson340
Something READABLE IN THE GAME? Gah, why did you have to ruin a phenomenon? It didn't need text.

You don't have to read the text, it makes text-alike textures look more realistic. But it's clearly readable to me. A Phenomenon? Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by volleybri011
This is awsome! Congrats on being the first person to make a custom pet animation!

It's hard to be sure, someone else just might have done it personally but did not share it through the net. Thanks for you reply!

Not forgeting Mihura, Matze and Deluxe Designs too. Thanks! :D
Matze, I was almost speechless too when I finally... yeah finally... got it working.

YouTube? Check out my channel: AlphaWolfKodi
Interested in Balto? Balto Home

"A bone to a dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." -Jack London
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 12:35 AM
i'm just back from vacation, and now i see this...WOOOW!!! :D
you did an amazing job!!!!! thanks so much for this funny thing!!!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#34 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kodiak
I'm curious to know what method did you attempt that got you frustrated the last time. Do you mind sharing?

I was remodeling the cres so that the joints were correct. Basically rebuilding the skeleton in SimPE so that the numbering worked. Your system was much more sensible!

Quote:
I would love to, Echo, but currently I'm still working on improving it. This is just an early preview. Further more, I've not even tried the other pet meshes, only large adult dogs.

That's fine, it's great that you're still working on it! If you do end up with something that could be used as a template though, even if it's only for large dogs, it'd be marvelous if you'd be willing to share the results of your effort - plus we might get more pet objects from more creators!

Oh, and congratulations on the feature!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 1:45 AM
You don't have to read the text, it makes text-alike textures look more realistic.

I really don't get why there needs to be tons of realism in a game where people twirl around to change their clothes and stuff. But, anyway, I can't wait to see more custom-animated pet stuff! (Though, can anyone make a recolor to either A. get rid of the text B. make it Simlish or C. make the sign invisible?)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 2:39 AM Last edited by Kodiak : 29th Mar 2008 at 8:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ganguro
i'm just back from vacation, and now i see this...WOOOW!!!

Vacation? I'm so jealous! ^_^

Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Your system was much more sensible!

Credit goes to Wes, he's amazing. And once again thanks! :D

"A bone to a dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." -Jack London
Inventor
#37 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 4:22 AM
Wow this is so freakin' cool, I do believe this is the first of it's kind. WTG on making an awesome addition to the game we all love so much.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#38 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:15 AM
holy cow! or dog! or something! That's one heck of a neat piece of work! Thank you!

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 8:23 AM
This is hilarious! lol I am very impressed by everyone doing custom animations for the Sims, giving us new things to enjoy in the game. Who cares if it's not perfect if it brings others enjoyment. I know I will laugh myself silly. It tickles me whenever I see my Sims riding Rebecah's ridable animals. Thank you!
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:43 AM
This is simply amazing.
I shall be editing my post soon with a pic of my dog using it!

A Smile a day keeps Goopy away.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#41 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 11:32 PM
Colour me insanely impressed - and equally insanely amused. This is the funniest and most brilliant thing I've seen in a very long time. THANK YOU!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
I lost interest in doing animations, after the negative comments and the demand for perfection. So I really want to wish you lots of luck. Try not to pay attention to people that don't know how hard these things are to create.

Rebecah and for you too Kodiak, please don't get discouraged. Don't quit if you see any negative comments. We all know this is pretty much uncharted territory and I don't think most of us are looking for perfection. It takes time to improve and build. When other's are learning you two will be experts at it. Most of us are in AWE that you both are able to even do something like the two of you are doing. Your bringing pleasure to many more than the few that are trying to discourage you. I missed the negative comments on your's Rebecah, but let me tell you if I need to smile or laugh all I have to do is load up the game and watch a sim ride on one of your animals. They're already perfect to me in just that. I tried out Kodiak's last night and laughed till I cried. Perfection. Besides, I'm still waiting for a ridable Giraffe.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 11:23 AM
That's Sick
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 11:33 AM
my sound do not work with the sims 2 but this is cool without sound
Test Subject
#45 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 11:20 PM
I guess I'm the only one getting a stack trace error? Happens everytime I click on it in Buy Mode. If I cancel the error, buy it, then go back to regular mode then the error pops back up unless I delete the item. Tried a reinstall of the pack without success.

Just have Sims 2 and Sims 2: Pets
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 4:24 AM
PegasusDiana, thanks for the word of advice and encouragement!

Also not forgetting everyone that took the trouble to reply, the effort to click on the "Thanks" button, and the willingness to fill that overly packed "Downloads" folder with this package.

Quote: Originally posted by saiyajinmagica
I guess I'm the only one getting a stack trace error? Happens everytime I click on it in Buy Mode. If I cancel the error, buy it, then go back to regular mode then the error pops back up unless I delete the item. Tried a reinstall of the pack without success.

Just have Sims 2 and Sims 2: Pets

Are you having the "boolProp TestingCheats" option enabled? Try disabling it. If that doesn't work, try to temporary shift everything in your "Downloads" folder to a folder on your Desktop or somewhere else and only put in my package.

Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 6:09 AM Last edited by saiyajinmagica : 2nd Apr 2008 at 6:23 AM.

Are you having the "boolProp TestingCheats" option enabled? Try disabling it. If that doesn't work, try to temporary shift everything in your "Downloads" folder to a folder on your Desktop or somewhere else and only put in my package.

I believe I do, since I use SimSky's SeeThem mod and have most of the stuff on it enabled. I'll try it out.

EDIT: That seems to work, but now everytime I buy the pad and put it down, my game seems to freeze in place. The clock doesn't move, neither the Sims. Even though I can still click around.
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:14 PM
Very Good Idea. Its WOW!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 5:13 AM Last edited by Kodiak : 3rd Apr 2008 at 9:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by saiyajinmagica
I believe I do, since I use SimSky's SeeThem mod and have most of the stuff on it enabled. I'll try it out.

EDIT: That seems to work, but now everytime I buy the pad and put it down, my game seems to freeze in place. The clock doesn't move, neither the Sims. Even though I can still click around.

Have you tried removing all other custom content and giving it a try? Does the game still freeze?

EDIT: By the way, apart from the above step, also delete the Accessory.cache and Groups.cache files and everything inside the Thumbnails folder. These files and the Thumbnails folder are located in the same directory as your Downloads folder. Don't worry, these files will automatically be re-generated by your game.

Test Subject
#50 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 2:14 PM
This absolutely ROCKS my SOCKS! Fantastic! I cannot wait to have my doggies doing the disco Thanks so much for your time and effort in making this fabulous mod!
Page 2 of 6