Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#601 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 8:51 AM
Default Happy Birthday @Pizza!
:lovestruc :lovestruc Happy Day to you! :lovestruc :lovestruc
You should be honored with cheers, music, hugs and kisses,
and all manner of excellent celebrations, and some manner of
celestial event that occurs only once in a blue moon.

Advertisement
Instructor
#602 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 10:16 AM
Noubie :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Thank you my lovely!
Scholar
#603 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 11:43 AM
Happy birthday, @pizza! I hope it's a special one :lovestruc
Scholar
#604 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 3:29 PM
:lovestruc Happy Happy Birthday, pizza! :lovestruc
Instructor
#605 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 12:24 AM
Thanks guys! I had a great day
Mad Poster
#606 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 11:39 PM
I know. Where did we all go? I got swallowed up in Sims 4 and life stuff. Sims 3 is still in the plans and with it, our game with our Simmies in it. Maybe next week. I'm having too much fun with the current game right now. How about you, Nymphy, what are you up to? And the rest of you? I see some of you post elsewhere from time to time.
Scholar
#607 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 3:16 AM
I've been around, but I had a pretty awful week at work and nearly got fired, so I haven't checked in as frequently as I usually would.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#608 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 12:24 PM Last edited by r_deNoube : 8th Aug 2015 at 12:55 PM.
Jeeezus, that is an awful week. I'm sorry. Anything we can do for you?
If they consider what good you've done for them over how long, it's hard to think of how it could be undone in even the worst possible week, so they ought to cut you some slack, it seems to me.

EDIT:
Nymph -- O welcome back with your mischief and laughter!

Quote: Originally posted by Ver
And the rest of you? I see some of you post elsewhere from time to time.

I visited a friend this evening who offered me something in a Slavic language supposedly involving Plums, and now it is hard to remember what I posted where. Rakia, they called it. Oh my goodness. Don't worry, I've gotten home OK, and am pretty sure I'm not pregnant.
Mad Poster
#609 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
I've been around, but I had a pretty awful week at work and nearly got fired, so I haven't checked in as frequently as I usually would.
You need beer and sympathy. Sorry to hear that, Fenton. Feeling valued at work is something we all want. And I am outraged that they can't see how valuable you are. We appreciate you! Can I say, "Fuck them!" for you?

Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube

I visited a friend this evening who offered me something in a Slavic language supposedly involving Plums, and now it is hard to remember what I posted where. Rakia, they called it. Oh my goodness. Don't worry, I've gotten home OK, and am pretty sure I'm not pregnant.
Sounds good, about the Rakia, I mean, maybe the other as well? Glad you aren't preggers...that isn't something you want right now, right? Brandied plums or plums soaked in some sort of alcoholic mix? Sounds intriguing.

Nymphy! Got your pm and pm'd you back.
Instructor
#610 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
I agree Pizza. I think I'd pine away if I didn't get to talk to you at least once a day

Ahem, at precisely 15:06 (2 and half hours ago), you went BRB and never returned.
Instructor
#611 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
... stalker.

I learned from the best.
Scholar
#612 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noubie
Jeeezus, that is an awful week. I'm sorry. Anything we can do for you?
If they consider what good you've done for them over how long, it's hard to think of how it could be undone in even the worst possible week, so they ought to cut you some slack, it seems to me.
Well, it's down to me being careless - I forgot to replace a cover on a stormwater drain and a kid fell in. They weren't hurt, but they easily could have been - probably the only reason I got a warning and not the sack.

It changes everything though - you don't feel equal to your colleagues anymore with a black mark on your record. It's hard enough winning respect for unskilled labour as it is.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#613 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fenton
It changes everything though - you don't feel equal to your colleagues anymore with a black mark on your record.

Although, if the question were "Of everyone available for this position now, if our goal is to minimize the chance of lids being left off of storm drains, who's the best candidate?" then I guess it would be you.

Quote: Originally posted by Fenton
It's hard enough winning respect for unskilled labour as it is.

Sure, because only people with serious skills can figure out how to shock themselves by plugging things into a defective wall socket, when you've hidden the socket behind a notice that says "Don't plug things into this defective wall socket".
Mad Poster
#614 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 1:14 PM
Well, it's down to me being careless - I forgot to replace a cover on a stormwater drain and a kid fell in. They weren't hurt, but they easily could have been - probably the only reason I got a warning and not the sack.

It changes everything though - you don't feel equal to your colleagues anymore with a black mark on your record. It's hard enough winning respect for unskilled labour as it is.
I'm glad the boy wasn't hurt and of course you feel awful about it. It's not likely that you'll make that kind of error again, but it's important to remember that you are human and everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Were you stressed or exhausted? It might be worth it to look at the circumstances that led to the oversight. But, above all, please just forgive yourself. Everyone makes mistakes!

In your examinations of the event, remind yourself of all the things you do right everyday. Remember that you are a worthwhile human being with a heart of gold and that counts for everything! The thing at work will blow over.

You still have your many fans here. Agreed with Noubie.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#615 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 9:32 AM
Scholar
#616 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 9:58 PM
August 26th! Today is my birthday!

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#617 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 6:02 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 27th Aug 2015 at 6:58 AM. Reason: Illustrate.
Woot! Woot for our Blake being born! :lovestruc

...born on a specific day, but fabulous every day since.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#618 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 5:00 PM
How nice, Nymphy! ((((Big Hugs))))) Hope all is well. You are missed!

Happy Birthday, Blake! Sorry I missed it yesterday. Are you doing anything fun to celebrate?

#619 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 1:00 AM
@Fentonparkninja welcome to the first day of summer, mate!

Scholar
#620 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 11:49 AM
Summer? I thought it was spring.

#621 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 10:42 PM
Summer? I thought it was spring.

a man can hope
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#622 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 8:51 AM
Default Good & Healing Thoughts would be Welcomed
Dear Fangirls,

On his evening commute, Fenton spilled his bike & hurt his knee. I suppose he would say it was no big deal; he reported having successfully done things earlier that day
that sounded sort of like this
and it had all gone OK up to that point.
So, you know, not the type who would whine about a road-scraped knee. So please let me whine instead. If you picture a random kid-falling-off-a-bike, Fenton is bigger and would have wiped out harder, and I'll bet it is a mess and hurts. Plus, he had to bandage it up by himself, using what you'd expect to find in a bachelor's medicine cabinet -- i.e. nothing much, hadn't needed anything lately, was going to get around to it some time, right?

If you would please aim some healthful and affectionate wishes toward the boy, that he should be happily and easily mobile, and soon to be all better -- I would take this as a favor to me for which I would owe you.

Ronnie.
Mad Poster
#623 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 10:48 AM
You don't owe us, Ronnie, we all care.

I fell off my regular bike (not a motorized bike) when trying to rescue my little boy as we headed down a small hill. I scrapped my knee clean through my jeans, couldn't wear anything that touched it all summer (stayed in skirts) and still have a scar. I imagine your injury is worse.

Sending healing thoughts your way, Fenton.
Scholar
#624 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 11:04 AM
Thanks for the well-wishes. <3

It's really not too bad, just skinned and bruised ... the biggest problem is that I still have to cycle to work and bending my knee pulls open the raw part. I did catch myself on my wrist though, that hurts quite a bit if I put weight on it.

I'm getting a proper first aid kit with the next round of groceries.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#625 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 5:33 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 22nd Sep 2015 at 6:01 AM. Reason: fix captions.

Hey, Janet. I found something we've been missing.

Jake! oh my gaw... look who's... Don't hurt your wrist! Ronnie -- get the front door for Jake, he's got his arms full!

[Ronnie emits soft squeeing noises]
Screenshots

Page 25 of 26