Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Murphy Bed No Fail

by Teknikah Posted 6th Feb 2020 at 6:02 PM - Updated 3rd Aug 2022 at 8:26 PM by Teknikah : New version

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 3:53 PM
thank you so much i can now use a Murphy bed without fear of death.... awesome!!! :D
Test Subject
#27 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 1:40 AM
Is there any way to make this usable off grid?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th May 2020 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mommy719

So Much This!!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 9:56 PM
Today's patch touched on this. Is this mod still needed/functional?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible!-Walt Disney
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Veralidaine
Today's patch touched on this. Is this mod still needed/functional?

From the patch notes:
Quote:
• Murphy beds will now be more resilient after first use. Warranty terms pending.
• We have also adjusted their pricing and comfort levels, bang for your buck!

It looks like the section I changed that made it take longer to break isn't really needed now - but if you want 0% death chance you probably still need this, I don't think EA stopped it from killing sims.

Also, I haven't tested if it still works yet - I will do so soon
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Teknikah
From the patch notes:

It looks like the section I changed that made it take longer to break isn't really needed now - but if you want 0% death chance you probably still need this, I don't think EA stopped it from killing sims.

Also, I haven't tested if it still works yet - I will do so soon

Awesome, great to know! I'll remove it for now to be safe, but your mod has been marvelous so I'll check back later! Thank you!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible!-Walt Disney
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 5:01 AM
My sim got squashed like the first night with icemunmun's mod. No death, but squashed and very unhappy, which never happens to me when playing with your mod. I realize this is just a difference between the two mods, but on the off chance you're wondering if we still need your version, I would definitely miss it!
Instructor
#33 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 1:58 PM
Yes, I will definitely miss it as well ;(
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 3:16 PM
I've played with it and not had any problems, but I think just to be on the safe side I'll redo it.
Should be perfectly fine to use anyway, just that the breaking part is redundant now
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 2:31 PM
What's the point of a bed that kills everyone all the time!! Thanks for the mod it IS still needed!!
Instructor
#36 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 11:16 AM
Hello @Teknikah

Just want to ask you if your mod is still working with the last patch/addon "Snowy Escape"?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 9:37 AM Last edited by Teknikah : 21st Nov 2020 at 10:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
Hello @Teknikah

Just want to ask you if your mod is still working with the last patch/addon "Snowy Escape"?

I think so, I haven't really tested it yet. But I think I needed to update it anyway from the update a while ago that changed some things about it. It should still work but it still edits the breaking percentage which was fixed by EA. I will redo it, not sure when - maybe today?
Obviously I will upload here when done

Looks like I finished an update in June! I didn't think I'd completed it! I'm sorry about that... I'll upload this version now - I've just tested it and put the bed up and down numerous times and it seems to be working. Let me know if there's any issues with it
Instructor
#38 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 12:00 PM
Oh, thanks a lot for the update Stay healthy
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 8:20 AM
Yep, thats what I needed, Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#40 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 1:15 PM
I really thank you for your update, too! Although this kind of death looks a little bit amusing, it is a nightmarish tragedy for those concerned! :-))
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 2:22 AM
Thank you so much. My sim literally just died on the FIRST bed fail, and I don't have time for that crap X'D
Inventor
#42 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mommy719

I know it's not a "proper" Solution but when I decorate my homes I usually put plants in the corners of some rooms and I use Ravasheen's Alter Eco Utility Set's little gas can resized to be smaller with [ and then I "MoveObjects On" and hide the gas can under some plants, it will give you a small amount of reserve power for items like this (Don't forget to set your sim's mailbox to store power. I know it's kind of cheaty but there are some CC candles and things the refuse to update to be Off Grid so that's what I do, plus Ravasheen's creations are AMAZING!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 17th Dec 2023 at 7:53 PM
Thanks for this, with the addition of custom apartments I really wanted to use the murphy bed in co-shares without the possibility of death for my sims roommates from just going to bed. I think someone in the sims team thought this was funny, but when you are just trying to get your sims through college it is not.
Page 2 of 2