Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#28551 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 8:29 PM
Another question: Does swimming in the ocean fulfill the water need for plantsims?

The obvious answer would be yes but you never know with this game haha. If anyone's tried it, would be great, so that I don't make a forest at the beach for my plantsims in vain.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28552 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 9:30 PM
If it were real sea water, I wouldn't think so..but I wonder myself-because the Sims Wiki just says swimming in a pool. Perhaps you can try it and see if it does...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#28553 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Do I need separate clean templates for shopping districts if I want to create one without any sims including townies? Even if I already have for pleasantview and stealth?
As far as I know, you don't get Maxis playables or townies when you create a custom shopping district. I certainly didn't get any when I attached a custom shopping district (an empty Monopoly Game town -- i.e. terrain only) to a custom Veronaville (though I have to admit I already had a Bluewater (Tarlia's) attached. I'm not 100% sure what would happen if the custom sub-hood was the first shopping district to be attached to a main 'hood. To be absolutely sure no Bluewater Sims get generated, you should temporarily remove the Bluewater template from Program Files (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\B001 or something similar) when creating the custom shopping district.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#28554 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 2:55 AM
The display custom content dialogue at startup box. Do I need that enabled? I just realized there is an option to not have it ask to enable custom content every single time, and I heard sometimes having it pop up every time can mean some cc doesn't show up. So I just disabled it in the game options.

Do I need to re-enable the dialog box if I add a mod or cc?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28555 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
The display custom content dialogue at startup box. Do I need that enabled? I just realized there is an option to not have it ask to enable custom content every single time, and I heard sometimes having it pop up every time can mean some cc doesn't show up. So I just disabled it in the game options.

Do I need to re-enable the dialog box if I add a mod or cc?

I've had it disabled for over 3 years now and every piece of CC I've put in my game has worked fine. The dialogue notification box has no impact of gameplay or how your CC functions or even if it'll work flawlessly. The box is really just there as a safety net by Maxis to simply tell you "You have CC enabled in your game and it may cause unwanted behaviour" ... or something along the lines of that. There is no need to reanable the box at all really, unless you like being annoyed.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#28556 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I've had it disabled for over 3 years now and every piece of CC I've put in my game has worked fine. The dialogue notification box has no impact of gameplay or how your CC functions or even if it'll work flawlessly. The box is really just there as a safety net by Maxis to simply tell you "You have CC enabled in your game and it may cause unwanted behaviour" ... or something along the lines of that. There is no need to reanable the box at all really, unless you like being annoyed.

Ok. Thank you. It's not a huge deal, I mean it takes what, one second to deal with it, but still. Why bother with it when I don't have to? lol

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28557 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 3:07 AM
No. The only reason to leave it enabled is that there are certain rare occasions (like adding a new expansion pack) when CC would be automatically disabled, and if you have the pop-up disabled, you'd have to load the game, enable the pop-up, quit the game, restart the game, and accept the CC before you played. If you've got all the expansions and stuff packs you should be able to cruise without it. I don't know if fan-made "expansion packs" (Like Angels and Nurses) have the same effect.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28558 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 3:09 AM
Thanks. I have the Ultimate Collection through Origin, so I think I should be ok then.

Edit: Unless I decide to add a fan made "ep".

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#28559 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
No. The only reason to leave it enabled is that there are certain rare occasions (like adding a new expansion pack) when CC would be automatically disabled, and if you have the pop-up disabled, you'd have to load the game, enable the pop-up, quit the game, restart the game, and accept the CC before you played. If you've got all the expansions and stuff packs you should be able to cruise without it. I don't know if fan-made "expansion packs" (Like Angels and Nurses) have the same effect.

This happened to me one time and I was confused as to why my downloads suddenly stopped working.
Top Secret Researcher
#28560 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
This happened to me one time and I was confused as to why my downloads suddenly stopped working.

Do you know if you added an ep then?

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#28561 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 5:52 AM
Sorry, I don't remember. It was a long time ago.
Space Pony
#28562 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 6:15 AM
If I have a household with child Sims, a servo, and no adult Sims, will the social worker come, or will the servo be treated as a responsible adult?

pronouns: they/them
Field Researcher
#28563 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 6:44 AM
The servo should be fine, but there is one concern. When they're powered off or recharging, the game pretends they're not even at home. Of course if the kids go to school, that would be a good time to recharge.
Mad Poster
#28564 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:51 AM
It's kind of hokey, but servos can actually recharge their energy by sleeping in a bed like a regular sim, too. Or at least that was my recollection the last time I played one, it's been a while.
Top Secret Researcher
#28565 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 4:25 PM
I think I went too extreme with ACR because apparently it still confuses me. For sim settings, if it says "set to faithful" does that mean they are faithful or does "allow all interactions" mean they are? My confusion comes from the fact that when "set to faithful" shows, all interactions like "low/high flirts" etc. are on but when "allow all interactions" is showing they are all off.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28566 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I think I went too extreme with ACR because apparently it still confuses me. For sim settings, if it says "set to faithful" does that mean they are faithful or does "allow all interactions" mean they are? My confusion comes from the fact that when "set to faithful" shows, all interactions like "low/high flirts" etc. are on but when "allow all interactions" is showing they are all off.

It is confusing-but you have to look at the settings for motivation, which is how often they will flirt, etc. Romance sims will of course flirt with everyone they're attracted to, and others won't do it at all. The one setting for motivation that will guarantee faithfulness is "Only to spouse" which will make the pixel reject flirts.

I just use the default settings, and the pixels themselves will figure out what they want to do, because the settings are more or less dependent on their astrological sign and aspiration. Family sims will not cheat, flirt or even consider such a thing, etc.

I hope this helps.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#28567 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
As far as I know, you don't get Maxis playables or townies when you create a custom shopping district. I certainly didn't get any when I attached a custom shopping district (an empty Monopoly Game town -- i.e. terrain only) to a custom Veronaville (though I have to admit I already had a Bluewater (Tarlia's) attached. I'm not 100% sure what would happen if the custom sub-hood was the first shopping district to be attached to a main 'hood. To be absolutely sure no Bluewater Sims get generated, you should temporarily remove the Bluewater template from Program Files (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\B001 or something similar) when creating the custom shopping district.

Thanks, no new sims seem to have spawned, checked my character folder. (Which has 444 characters in it btw, in a world ruled by the 4 elements :o But it's not going to stay like that for long )

Top Secret Researcher
#28568 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 8:17 PM
Where in the heck is the massage table kept in the catalog? I've gone through every category that makes sense and even the ones that don't and I cannot find it.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#28569 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 8:29 PM
Recreation/Misc.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28570 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 8:53 PM
Something in my game must be broken then, because it was very much Not There. But it was there when I went into Recreation/All, so thank you.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#28571 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 9:07 PM
The download section - has somebody gone and updated 1000 older uploads? A bit confusing
Top Secret Researcher
#28572 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:07 PM
Is there a way to have 2 copies of the same neighborhood in the game at once? It was so long ago I did sims Machinima, thinking of creating a story to my fantasy neighborhood and making something out of it. But I'd want to use a copy for that, not my regular hood that I play in.
I could of course swap the copies in and out but that'd be less convenient.

Mad Poster
#28573 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:18 PM
You could rename the neighborhood completely, of course (N001 to N100 throughout or whatever), but if I think it would be simpler to copy the neighborhood folder into an AGS game or rename your The Sims 2 folder, generate a new one, and copy the desired neighborhood into the new one. Renaming a couple of folders once in awhile seems easier to me than swapping entire folders in and out.

Top Secret Researcher
#28574 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:29 PM
How would making a new TS2 folder and copying the hood into that make both versions appear at once? sounds like it's easier to just swap them haha.

But this brings me to another question (wow really spamming the forum lately, sorry )
Is it easier to have the sets and sims ready, but not the story, or the story ready but not the sims and the sets? I guess it's a matter of opinion but that's what I'm choosing between Because if I do a fantasy series I already have the look of the show finished pretty much, but don't exactly have a story. Or I could do a remake of a series I made in TS1 so I'd already have the story but I'd have to make all the sims and the buildings, ugh. I feel my imagination's deteriorating as I'm getting older and I'm not even old.

Ooh, I just had an idea. Maybe I could find someone here to build for me Or is that wishful thinking? On the other hand I do have a RL friend who's built for my sims series in the past but this particular series is one of time travel so a lot of custom content would be needed... Not sure she's the right person in that case.

Top Secret Researcher
#28575 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You could rename the neighborhood completely, of course (N001 to N100 throughout or whatever), but if I think it would be simpler to copy the neighborhood folder into an AGS game or rename your The Sims 2 folder, generate a new one, and copy the desired neighborhood into the new one. Renaming a couple of folders once in awhile seems easier to me than swapping entire folders in and out.

Just remembered that I have a renaming utility. Is it enough to change all "N008" instances in the file names and folders to "N009" or is there anything inside the files that need to change too? If the latter, I'm not even going to bother.

Page 1143 of 1347