10 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#28601 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 6:20 AM
Occasionally, clicking these can crash the game (I've had a few borked CAS items that show up like this), but it depends on the item. More often than not it's just a missing mesh or a repo item missing a master mesh or some sort of other issue going on Usually it doesn't hurt the game to leave them in, but they are kind of annoying since you don't know what they are - especially if you get the ones that crash the game. Sometimes the crashing ones crash when you reach them in the catalog, before you even get the chance to click them (had a few of those, too...).

I've started cleaning out all these items from my CAS stuff. Turned out I had more than I thought I did...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#28602 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 6:33 AM
I have no idea what it is. If it's not giving me any issues i'll just leave it, it'd be a headache trying to figure it out. If I start having issues though i'll have to. Thank you.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#28603 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I have no idea what it is.
Open Bodyshop and create a sim wearing that missing-mesh grey suit, package it and save it on your desktop. Open it with the Sims2Pack Clean Installer and you will see which package it is, including its exact name and in which subfolder of your Downloads it is.

From then you can either remove it, or if the name helps, try to find its mesh online.
Top Secret Researcher
#28604 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Open Bodyshop and create a sim wearing that missing-mesh grey suit, package it and save it on your desktop. Open it with the Sims2Pack Clean Installer and you will see which package it is, including its exact name and in which subfolder of your Downloads it is.

From then you can either remove it, or if the name helps, try to find its mesh online.

I opened body shop, found the suit. It works in body shop. I noticed my PTs, 2 of them are wearing it. I don't know how to package it or anything.
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28605 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 7:16 AM
^ It's a placeholder mesh, usually the one that shows for male fullbody outfits in CAS/Bodyshop, so it technically doesn't work. The game usually has one or two outfits for each gender and type of outfit it uses as a placeholder when it can't find the mesh for an outfit. If it has a star, it's usually a placeholder thumbnail/outfit.

It's also a regular outfit, so sims can randomly spawn with that one (unless you use a default replacement for it - not entirely sure how the meshless outfits show up then). If it doesn't have a star, it's most likely the original.
Top Secret Researcher
#28606 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ It's a placeholder mesh, usually the one that shows for male fullbody outfits in CAS/Bodyshop, so it technically doesn't work. The game usually has one or two outfits for each gender and type of outfit it uses as a placeholder when it can't find the mesh for an outfit. If it has a star, it's usually a placeholder thumbnail/outfit.

It's also a regular outfit, so sims can randomly spawn with that one (unless you use a default replacement for it - not entirely sure how the meshless outfits show up then). If it doesn't have a star, it's most likely the original.

I found the outfit in Formal. Adult male formal and it has a star. So, what does that mean? Sorry i'm confused and tired and it's past 2 am. I should be in bed.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28607 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 7:23 AM
Probably means it lacks the mesh. You either have to figure out which outfit it is and then find the mesh, or remove the files so they don't clutter up your clothing section.

Check if they have hovertext/tooltips that give you an idea of what they are, or if the filename has any clues as to what mesh they may use. If you're clueless but have the names of the files, maybe someone can help you in the WCIF section.

Find your bed. You can do the detective work after some sleep (probably good advice to myself, too - it's even later here... or should I say getting early? )
Top Secret Researcher
#28608 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 7:48 AM
I'm sorry I can't make heads or tails of anything right now. Possibly because I need to get some sleep. I noticed the "package" on body shop and packaged it, saved to desktop and opened with clean installer, and ... I can't figure out what package it is because when I search "minomori" in my documents nothing comes up. I'll try and figure it out later.
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28609 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 8:06 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Nov 2021 at 3:03 PM.
Try the tooltip tool: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=321239
If you can't locate CAS files in your Downloads folder, this tool is very handy. You can set it to change tooltips to the filename, so when you hover the mouse over the items in Bodyshop, you can see the name of the file. Makes it much easier to find files than with random text as tooltips.

If you want to change tooltips for items that already have them, there's a tick box. If this isn't ticked, the program skips anything that already has tooltips.
Top Secret Researcher
#28610 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 1:49 PM
Are there any issues with changing lot zoning from community to residential (and vice versa)?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#28611 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 2:47 PM
Just don't do it with sims on the lot.

...also @wickedjr89 - if you slide the Clean Installer window over to the right - it will show you the file name.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#28612 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 3:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Nov 2021 at 3:16 PM.
^ You need a buyable mailbox and trashcan when you change zoning from community to residential, BEFORE you move any sims in, or the lot will be stuck in buy/build mode with the sims in limbo. If you have AL, you need a mailbox that works with apartments.

Not sure which set is the best one, because there are a few variants. Some of them will pull each and every single recolor you have of these two items whenever you package lots into the lot file as CC (if you have any) plus the modded files, so that's quite annoying.

Possibly this one for the mailbox:
https://modthesims.info/d/413573/al...le-mailbox.html
Top Secret Researcher
#28613 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 4:18 PM
I can't figure out what package it is because when I search "minomori" in my documents nothing comes up.
Where to find the file's name:
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#28614 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 4:43 PM
Where to find the file's name:

Thank you! Well, I found it. It's in my "male to female" subfolder and according to it's name it's supposed to be a blue dress? Oh, the placeholder thing for it not working is the suit?

What do I do with it? Considering apparently 2 of the PTs in my Multi PT hack seem to be wearing it from what I see in body shop. Can I delete it?
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28615 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 4:55 PM
Do you know which multi-PT hack it is? Could be the outfits are included, and that you can find the meshes in the orignal download link.

You're not supposed to delete certain genetics for multi-PTs, but outfits aren't genetic, so I don't think they'll cause any issues if you remove them. The only issue is that the PTs will use EAxis outfits and have a wrong reference to the outfit they're wearing, but I doubt it's any worse than it's for other sims if you remove outfits they're wearing.

I'd say yes, it's most likely safe to delete the outfit, and it shouldn't cause any issues.
Top Secret Researcher
#28616 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 5:04 PM
Do you know which multi-PT hack it is? Could be the outfits are included, and that you can find the meshes in the orignal download link.

You're not supposed to delete certain genetics for multi-PTs, but outfits aren't genetic, so I don't think they'll cause any issues if you remove them. The only issue is that the PTs will use EAxis outfits and have a wrong reference to the outfit they're wearing, but I doubt it's any worse than it's for other sims if you remove outfits they're wearing.

I'd say yes, it's most likely safe to delete the outfit, and it shouldn't cause any issues.

Yes, I know it's this https://modthesims.info/d/320318/lu...lti-pt-set.html multi PT hack. It doesn't come with it. But I just decided to google the file name and found it! And the problem. It's this https://modthesims.info/d/265517/bl...dult-males.html and I noticed the "meshes required section" I must have missed before, but, i'm not sure on the link because it wants me to download something, before getting to the thing...

Edit: Honestly I don't even want it. When I started my game anew and brought over the cc I used to have I just brought over all the clothing and it must have been something I downloaded long ago. I just don't want to mess anything up either.

Edit 2: I tried the link again and now Norton tells me it's dangerous.

Edit 3: I hardly got any sleep and my brain isn't working. I checked comments. Link to it (safely) is in there.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#28617 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 5:16 PM
There are 2 files. One says Mesh and the other says pattern. Do I just need just the mesh or both? The readme file mentions it may be recolored and distributed so i'm thinking I don't need the pattern file?
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Alchemist
#28618 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 5:24 PM
@Pideli agree with simmer22 and CatherineTCJD; just wanted to say that changing a lot from residential to anything else should be fine, but changing a different type of lot to a residential or an apartment can result in the missing mailbox, like simmer22 said. But if you're always going from residential to something else, you should be good and you don't need a buyable mailbox, though it doesn't hurt to have one for emergencies.

Hmm, I was going to recommend a buyable phone booth, too, but I can't find one... All I have is Christianlov's multiphone version and my edit of HugeLunatic's to be custom, instead of a default. Anybody know of one?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#28619 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 5:35 PM
Pretty sure the phone booth and community trash can are already available in buy mode for community lots. They aren't auto-placed, but have to be placed down once the lot has been zoned and re-entered. You shouldn't need to download any. Community lots probably need at least the phone to work, but probably a good idea to have the trash can there, too.

I think the placement and general "are they there at all" of the phones/trashcans/mailboxes/etc. count for how the lots recognize their zoning, plus how NPCs and car portals and all that work. No idea about the details, though...
Top Secret Researcher
#28620 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 6:30 PM
There are 2 files. One says Mesh and the other says pattern. Do I just need just the mesh or both?

This is your CC. If you want the outfit, you need the file you already have, and the mesh found in the last comment of that upload.

5f04aad4_Blue_Dress.package
Mesh_AAStyle_MAnightshirt_101005.package.

Nothing else.
Top Secret Researcher
#28621 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 6:33 PM
This is your CC. If you want the outfit, you need the file you already have, and the mesh found in the last comment of that upload.

5f04aad4_Blue_Dress.package
Mesh_AAStyle_MAnightshirt_101005.package.

Nothing else.

Thank you. Thank y'all so much.

My Simblr
He/They
Alchemist
#28622 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 9:58 PM
How can I stop the Tutorial Folder generating into my Neighborhoods folders? I know it's not hurting anything, but I would still like it to stop.
Top Secret Researcher
#28623 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 10:47 PM
Pretty sure the phone booth and community trash can are already available in buy mode for community lots.
Phone booth: Electronics/Misc, trash can: Misc/All

The trash can is also easy to find through the "Community" tab:
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28624 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
How can I stop the Tutorial Folder generating into my Neighborhoods folders? I know it's not hurting anything, but I would still like it to stop.

Remove the Tutorial hood from [basegame install location]\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods.
Top Secret Researcher
#28625 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 2:32 AM
I finally opened body shop today (i've been working on writing and reading because of nanowrimo and nonfiction november) and he is wearing the blue dress! I noticed the Multi PTs aren't wearing it after all, unless there's some reason i'm not aware of. I don't want to go messing with them. But the blue dress is on the dude so
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Page 1145 of 1339