Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 1:30 AM Last edited by Devalaous : 23rd Feb 2022 at 4:07 AM.
Default Looking to extract the Castaway Tutorial sims. Possible?
Recently I've extracted all the playable sims from Castaway, and successfully remade all of the castaways from Felicity Island and Wanmami Island in Sims 2, as if making pre-disaster versions of them. However, there are unique sims in the Tutorial neighbourhood for Castaway Stories that I also wish to extract; Joe and Jane Castaway (who look similar, but are actually quite different to Tutorial Joe and Jane from Sims 2), and the playables in the three tutorials.

Ideally I would also get these sims out of those neighbourhoods and enable them to rejoin base Sims 2, but also add them to the main Castaway neighbourhoods. However, unlike the Sims 2 Tutorial, the Castaway Tutorial is....an explosion of broken mess, I cannot get it to open in SimPE. Is there anything I can do to access those sims and extract their appearances?

EDIT: SimPE 0.75 (which I discovered today, thanks whoever it is thats maintaining this old yet crucial tool!) managed to open the neighbourhood without crashing or explosions. The old 0.73 likely exploded via the multitude of Glen Kalsons in the file. There were 11 of him in there!

I have extracted Joe Castaway, Jane Castaway, Atamari Huia, Aronui Karauria, Hahona Alipate, Tipi Falamoe and Erihapeti Puaura, as everyone else is either a copy from the original TS2 Tutorial NPCs, or a copy of Glen. There also shredded copies of NPCs and Joe and Jane many times over, which makes me wonder what on earth happened in development.

Atamari, Aronui and Tipi all look similar but are slightly different; they are intended to be Joes, but in native form. Atamari is interesting, as hes native-named, but wearing Castaway gear. Hahona and Erihapeti are also nearly identical to each other, and are meant to similarly be the Janes of the tutorials. They look quite striking, so ive wanted to move them out (Read: remake them, I know that moving sims out causes massive corruption) into the real two islands for a long time. Given the sheer lack of space in Felicity Island, I plan on 'moving' the Aronui/Hahona couple there, and the rest into Wanmami. I will probably only remake Joe and Jane Castaway for Sims 2, as they are clearly not natives. Would be funny to make them rivals of the original Joe and Jane.