Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Amelia Living Room Set

by Adele Posted 7th Jul 2008 at 10:22 AM - Updated 12th Jul 2008 at 4:55 AM by Adele

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 164 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Field Researcher
#76 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 10:49 PM
Love your work, and your site, thanks for the lovely items they’re fabulous.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:55 AM
you MUST continue to create these amazing things! I'd love to see some more sets from you, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens. You are undoubtedly the best I've seen when it comes to furniture.

Many thanks for this amazing work!
Test Subject
#78 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 2:46 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 10th Jul 2008 at 8:03 AM. Reason: removed image tags
I fangirl you because you are awesomely talented! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#79 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 6:21 AM
Thank you hon. This is a marvelous set. I love it.
Instructor
#80 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 11:35 AM
omg wow
omg wow
omg wow
F a n t a s t i c, ooooooweeee love it. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:44 PM
So lovely!! Thank you for sharing!!
Test Subject
#82 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 1:38 PM
wow gorgess
Test Subject
#83 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 2:05 PM
gorrrgeous worrkk i cant believe that my sims would survive without your clothes and furniture...they should make an expansion pack dedicated to only adele work (:
Test Subject
#84 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 3:58 PM
I'm a bit breathless to come up with anything intelligent right now, but wow! This has got to be one of the best living room sets I've ever seen. Fantastic job, I'm downloading right now!
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:45 PM
oh adele, with every update i love you more and more and more.
Great job on this! Thank you

i'll get stuck in small room with you, any day. -- K Zoid

eXpresSims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cursed.martyr
Absolutely gorgeous, the detail that you have put in is amazing. I know this is a bit of a stupid question but I only have UNI and NL ep's so which files do I need to download to get the set in my game?

You'll want to download the withoutPets and withoutFreeTime versions of the seating and bookcase.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mausi
Hi Adele,

I was so amazed yesterday, that I tried to make my own recolour for your floor lamp. It came out very good, but when you turn on the lamp it returns to your base texture.
I know that you've invested hours of work, but is it possible to make a slight change?

Hugs,
I really adore your work

Oh no! Can you post a screenshot? Is it the base or the shade you were recoloring? Ick.

Is this a problem you've seen before? Do you know how to fix it?
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adele
Oh no! Can you post a screenshot? Is it the base or the shade you were recoloring? Ick.

Is this a problem you've seen before? Do you know how to fix it?

Hi Adele,
Thanks for answering. I made a recolour for the shade only. As I mentioned it looked good, but when you turn on the light it returns to your original texture. I have experienced it before with other custom made lamps. Maxis I guess, use 2 different textures for their lampshades- lit and unlit. Maybe this is the answer. I have no idea how to fix it.
Anyway please don't get upset, you creations are suuuuuuuperb!
Hugs
Test Subject
#89 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:49 PM
Beautiful work - you have a great sense of style! You're fast becoming my favourite Sims 2 creator.
Test Subject
#90 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:49 PM
Thank you so much, Adele! These are beautiful, as always. *Downloads everything* xP
Test Subject
#91 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:53 PM
I am loving you work. Everything I have seen of yours i great. It is like I can feel the textures of the furniture. Very, very nice job. Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:06 AM
Maxis needs to hire you. Excellent work.
Field Researcher
#93 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 8:50 AM
this is absolutely stunning!! you makes the best stuff eva!!!! ***loves!

=^.^= Treacherous Kitten =^.^=

*Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes it's squidgy & sometimes it's nuts, most of the time it's nuts*
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:15 PM
Wonderful textures :D

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:39 PM
Details, details
Your attention to detail is superb. I am going to download this as soon as I have time....was just browsing for a quick minute before work.

Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
#96 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 5:38 PM
breathtaking, as always *-*
Test Subject
#97 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 11:52 PM
phenomenal....now i'm gonna go look at the restof your stuff......this collection will DEFINITELY be used by every one of my sim familes
Forum Resident
#98 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mausi
Hi Adele,
Thanks for answering. I made a recolour for the shade only. As I mentioned it looked good, but when you turn on the light it returns to your original texture. I have experienced it before with other custom made lamps. Maxis I guess, use 2 different textures for their lampshades- lit and unlit. Maybe this is the answer. I have no idea how to fix it.
Anyway please don't get upset, you creations are suuuuuuuperb!
Hugs

Hi Mausi
I hope you and Adele do not feel offended if I interfere and answer your question: a lamp have 2 txt files to recolour, the name is similar but for 'lit' stuck at the end of the light texture. I suggest you to use the same recolour for the shade and brighten it a bit, so that when you turn on the light the texture is the same and is.. lighted! If you have the DDS utilities and build the recolour txt instead than importing it into SimPE the result will be better and do not forget to update all sizes
bye
Ali

Hi Adele
I love your recolouring technique: what do you mean by repository tecnique? is it meant by the result or by the way you get it? may you explain please - English is not my mothertongue language and I have so much to learn from you, Adele :D
thank you very much for your answer
Ali
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 1:52 PM
Another gorgeous set, thank you so much
You are a wonderfull creator with superb taste
Field Researcher
#100 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 5:26 PM
Your textures are beautiful! Phenomenally realistic! Thanks so much!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Page 4 of 7