Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Realistic Diner - by Martine

by Martine Posted 22nd Aug 2006 at 2:34 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2011 at 1:29 AM by Phaenoh : formating links ;)

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 8:25 PM Last edited by simathome : 27th Aug 2006 at 8:28 PM. Reason: Noticed something.
Very quaint and nice looking HOWEVER, after downloading i found several flaws, well thats not the right way to put it....it had more flaws than a desperate housewife! When i bought the lot and arrived, the place was packed with hanging plants...some sort of bug i dunno, but the most annoying thing was that only one booth acctually worked, the others were unaccessible for some reason only a braindead sim would know, i tried removing objects, selling and buying new booths, tables, move them around. Nothing worked, i can only imagine it was either a temporary bug or something corrupt with the lot itself, so if it works next time, never mind and good job, if not, you might wanna check into it. Salutations.

PS. About the blinds, i just wanna make clear that i did indeed remove the blinds but it didn´t work anyways.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simathome
Very quaint and nice looking HOWEVER, after downloading i found several flaws, well thats not the right way to put it....it had more flaws than a desperate housewife! When i bought the lot and arrived, the place was packed with hanging plants...some sort of bug i dunno, but the most annoying thing was that only one booth acctually worked, the others were unaccessible for some reason only a braindead sim would know, i tried removing objects, selling and buying new booths, tables, move them around. Nothing worked, i can only imagine it was either a temporary bug or something corrupt with the lot itself, so if it works next time, never mind and good job, if not, you might wanna check into it. Salutations.

PS. About the blinds, i just wanna make clear that i did indeed remove the blinds but it didn´t work anyways.

Someone else told me about the plants as well, I think that happens because I'm using ceiling tiles. However, I deleted every single ceiling file from the package, I think the game sort of 'remembers' there's supposed to be something but it's missing the file. Sorry, but I don't know how to fix it. About the booths, in my game (after I deleted the blinds) all the booths could be used properly, so it should work in yours as well.

Martine
Field Researcher
#53 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:34 AM
This is amazing!!!! It looks absolutely realistic. I'm impressed! This is going to be perfect in my college towns now that I have University!!!!

Thank you so much.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 7:25 PM
Martine, you know I love your work your hear that all the time but I thought I'd tell you again hee hee... Love it!!! Great job on being featured as well, WOOT for you ha ha!

† mom, July 8, 2006 †
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 7:32 PM
You know, this diner reminds me of the one from Indigo Prophecy. Anybody else play that game? Hmm...

I'm definitely going to use itfor my last episode on my series. I thank you, and you will be credited.

Tribillio
Test Subject
#56 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 7:10 PM
I'm having some problems with my build mode custom content working, but the only reason I care is because of this lot! This looks exactly like a dinner from my hometown in Missouri. It just brought back so many memories. All the college kids going at 2 am after the bars and Sunday morning breakfast with the rents. This is by far my favorite download. Thank you ^_^
Instructor
#57 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 11:43 PM
Hello Martine...
I must say your lots are impressive, so detailed and realistic.... Thx!

I have the same effect with the lot covered with hanging plants, the same with the "trashy lot". I saw your pictures and understand that it must be something with the ceiling I sould view on your picts... I just remove all the plants and now it's just superb!

But where do you find that ceiling? I think it would be nice to use it when I'm taking pictures? Does it works well in the game?
Well...

Thx again...
/Lisen
(sorry for my english, I'm swedish!)
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 1:05 PM
When you said realistic you meant it!! This is an excellent job and well done for being featured - as we say in yorkshire you must be chuffed to little mint balls!

Waiting for Sims4 so I can go all Halliwell again!!
Instructor
#59 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 5:12 AM
These are the kinds of lots I like to make for my game, except this has a lot more detail than my attention span can stand. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Forum Resident
#60 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 9:38 AM
I am inspired! This is a wonderful work! It looks so realistic!
Many thanks for sharing!

My websites:
http://www.feeessen-sims-objekte.de
I also create for Sims3.!
My own Point and Click Advenzure Gamehttp://feeessen-sims-objekte.de/
Test Subject
#61 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 6:09 PM
Wonderful release Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#62 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 6:09 PM
Great Job but.....
good effort done here but still not complete it needs a lot of working.

1st. where is the TRASH CAN ... it's not there .. made the sims gone crazy puting them out from the compact trash and throwing them in the backyard and vice versa.

2nd. the fences are usles the sims walks as if it's not there.

3rd. the pathways are too small it causes the sims to freak out specialy when washing hands or washing the dishes in the dishwasher.

i was forced to sell the diner cause it's gone mad & i lost a large amount of money here..

please try 2 fix it..
Test Subject
#63 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 7:28 AM
This is an amazing lot! One of my sims owns it as a business.

The only bad thing is that there is no real trash can... one of my waiters just kept taking the trash out of the trash compact, putting it on the floor, then putting it back in the trash compact, and did it over and over again. Fortunately I fixed this by downloading the actual trashcan, putting the trashcan in my sim's inventory before leaving his house, then placing it on the lot.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 9:56 AM
thats real trash, ... beautiful trash nice job
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 4:02 PM
oh wooow!! Honestly, there has been a lot of things i've downloaded on this site, and nothing has me more excited than this! I haven't played the sims in a while (just mainly downloading) but I am def going to play RIGHT now. lol...thanks so much for sharing this!!!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 5:00 AM
An all-time favorite, thank you for sharing!
Instructor
#67 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 12:43 AM
This is fantastic! I could never create anything like this.
Thank you so much! You've made my Sims' life so much easier.
Thanks for sharing this!
Test Subject
#68 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 10:08 AM
Wow. I am lost for words. Thank you for sharing this.

Savicsakysa
Field Researcher
#69 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 3:51 PM
I love it. Everything's so well done! Thanks for this!

You've been a fallen angel, ripped out of the sky.
But as your wings grew strong enough,
You left me, behind to die.
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#70 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 7:08 AM
Nice! Keep up the great work!!!! >^.^<

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
Theorist
#71 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simathome

I had the same problem with the second and third booths away from the front door not being accessible to sims for dining. Removing the blinds did not help. However, when I also removed a window from each of the booths, so that each booth had only one window rather than two, then the booths all started working. I centred each remaining window directly behind the table. I don't know the logic of why the restaurant started working due to these changes, but it did. Then I put up some tacky looking half-length curtains that came with the game (or one of the expansions) and the booths continued to work.

For the traffic flow problem that someone mentioned, it helps greatly if you put a gate at each end of the bar, rather than just a total of one gate to zone off the food prep area.
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 8:43 PM
hey i luv this lot, i mean alot a lot, but i cant seem 2 b able 2 download it, i keep trying to unpackage it but the thingy keeps saying the file is corrupt... so i was wonderin if some1 could help?

~My Karma ran over you Dogma~

Algebra is like communism, it only works in therory.
Test Subject
#73 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 9:11 PM
Its great! But I have one problem! can you some how get rid of the bathroom walls. (delete the custom content?!) There nasty! I really hate them and I rather not see them at all (in the paint section!)
Can you tell me how to delete them?
Thx
Test Subject
#74 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 1:44 AM
great work buuuuttttt i ot seasons and when it snows the plants turn flashing blue u may want to use someother plants
Field Researcher
#75 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 1:30 AM
the diner's nice, but a lot of the sims are having problems trying to sit on the chairs. It seems the counter is the only one working. I've had similar problems with other community lots that had those same chairs. It's funny because if you make your sim sit on it, they'll sit, but once they get "seated" by the host, they throw a fit.

It's awful when the restaurant gets overcrowded with sims. It's nice though, but it's disappointing that my sim wasnt able to eat because those damn NPC sims keep hogging the counters. I wish there was a way to make the NPC sims eat once and they'll leave, it's annoying that they keep eating over and over.
Page 3 of 5