Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves *UPD 22APR*

by Numenor Posted 7th Mar 2006 at 9:29 PM - Updated 22nd Apr 2006 at 8:41 PM by Numenor : Included support for Windkeeper's "Placement on locked tiles" hack

322 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 315 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
Test Subject
#76 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 6:24 AM
Just a quick note in case anyone else suffers the same confusion I did when first trying to use this. You can't move existing custom inventory from a counter top to a store shelf if you bought the inventory before installing the hack. It only applies to new inventory added after installing the hack. If you were already selling something, delete it and buy a replacement that works on the shelves.

Now maybe I'll have fewer dissappointed customers when the last Mezzo Chimera gets bought out from under them with more on the shelf.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 7:00 AM
I love this hack but have one question. I opened up a toy store and before this hack I could only download Maxis stuff yet with this hack its not much diffrent but only on the babies items. your hack works on all my custom contents but it doesnt on the stuff for toddlers. example are the stuff dolls someone made and the bunnybears also dont work with this hack any ideas on why this would be? just curious cuz i cant make sense of it. this really is a great hack i used it to open up another store that was selling odds and ends and it turned out really nice due to this so hats off to you this really is awesome just wanted to ask that one question but didnt want to take away from this hack as its wonderful. thanks again.
Test Subject
#78 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 7:19 AM
Your a Mod God! Thanks every so much for this and so fast also. :bow2:

·¤·Kèñ·¤·
Scholar
#79 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 8:38 AM
I dont use GLOBAL HACKs but i have to say Numenor you did one heck of a job,,looks very nice

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Test Subject
#80 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 8:39 AM
First I want to say Thank You this is a great Mod. The only problem I have noticed so far, using the "More" version, is with the bakery items. I have a in home business and sell many baked goods. When an item is purchased the restock token shows in the bottom left hand corner of the lot. The person who restocks puts the item by the token. Needless to say the food goes bad but can not be removed until it is unmarked for sale. Once unmarked food can be cleaned up as normal. I will switch to the "Less" version for now, can't live without this Mod :valentine . I hope this is informative and not too confusing. Thank you again, best Mod made yet.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:34 AM
Thank you for this global hack Numenor. I'll give this some testing.
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:37 AM
nice 1 thanks a lot :hippy:

*..·´°*°·..*..·°** { 7-zip here } **°·..*..·´°*°·..*
Michelle in England.
I'm a friend to everyone ;o)
*..·´°*°·..*..·°** { CEP here } **°·..*..·´°*°·..*
Instructor
#83 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:38 AM
I love you, Numenor. You are awesome.

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#84 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:47 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!
That was, what I looked for =]
Field Researcher
#85 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 11:02 AM
Awesome work Numenor! As always, you never fail to amaze all of us! :D
Thank you!

Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know. Sometimes our visions clear only after our eyes are washed away with tears...
Test Subject
#86 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 11:16 AM
That problem took long to solve. OFB has been on market for what, four days? Numenor, you are my hero :salute:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keineeier3
*wonders if you could figure out how to get joesemsims' shelves to accept all objects...*
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=132258

My hack solves a completely different problem, i.e. the Maxis shop shelves that can't host custom objects. The shelves you point out are custom shelves, and therefore they already can host custom objects (but not as many as the Maxis shelves...).

Quote: Originally posted by crouchygirl
Your hack works on all my custom contents but it doesnt on the stuff for toddlers. example are the stuff dolls someone made and the bunnybears also dont work with this hack any ideas on why this would be?

My hack affects the so-called "global Init BHAV" used by almost all the objects; this implies that some specific objects may not use that global Init BHAV, and therefore the hack doesn't work with them. I should check the custom objects you mention: can you provide a link, please?
Moreover, the said Init BHAV is executed only for objects that are picked from the catalog (the hack doesn't work for objects already existing on the lot when you installed the hack).

Quote: Originally posted by cthunicorn
The only problem I have noticed so far, using the "More" version, is with the bakery items. I have a in home business and sell many baked goods. When an item is purchased the restock token shows in the bottom left hand corner of the lot. The person who restocks puts the item by the token. Needless to say the food goes bad but can not be removed until it is unmarked for sale. Once unmarked food can be cleaned up as normal. I will switch to the "Less" version for now

Please let me know if the "Less" version works better for you. In the meantime, I'll try and reproduce the issue you describe; thanks for reporting.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 11:55 AM Last edited by cjanefly764 : 8th Mar 2006 at 12:36 PM.
You always take care of us, Numenor. What would we do without you? Do you know if there's a fix for custom fridge meshes for the 'make...' and 'make many...' pie strings? I so love Shannanisims new fridge but I can't use it in OFB because of this jump.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Test Subject
#89 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:04 PM
Thank goodness someone had the brains to think of this.
Whatever is wrong with Maxis. Without custom content, the Sims game wouldn't be half as popular.
Thank you very much Numenor. I shall donate £5.00 to this site for this. xxxxx
Alchemist
#90 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:15 PM
Thank you, yet again, Numenor! You're a life saver. At last I can have properly varied shops. :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seimar8
Thank goodness someone had the brains to think of this.
Whatever is wrong with Maxis. Without custom content, the Sims game wouldn't be half as popular.
Thank you very much Numenor. I shall donate £5.00 to this site for this. xxxxx

Many thanks! :D

cthunicorn - About the bad placing of the Restock mark: I've created purposely a in-home little bakery, and I hadn't the problem you describe (see pic). Obiouvsly, as said, the display looks a little "overcrowded", but I chose not to remove any cake, so to stress the game at most. Anyway, I'm currently working on a new, improved version of the hack, that hopefully will join the two versions in one.
EDIT: please be sure to fill the shelves with objects taken from the catalog or the inventory; if you already had some dishes in the display, at the moment you installed the hack, this may have altered the overall functions of the hacks. When you first install the hack, the shelves must be emptied and then re-filled.
Screenshots

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:01 PM
:insane: :insane:

I'm think I have a big big crush on Numenor now.
:lovestruc
Test Subject
#93 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:33 PM
Very good idea but im lost with the install. also afraid I will mess something up.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:53 PM
Great hack, Numenor! I haven't tried making or entering a business yet (I have an issue with my game freezing every time I try to enter a community lot that I don't know how to resolve ), but when I do I shall certainly be making use of this! Thanks!

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Forum Resident
#95 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:18 PM
Awesome job, mighty Numenor!
Theorist
#96 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 3:08 PM
Thanks for this!! Maxis needs to hire you, there arent enough freaking good-brains working there..lol
Test Subject
#97 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 3:34 PM
Thank you so much!! I really needed this for my bakery window setting, and ended up having to use something and it just wasnt what I wanted...thanks again!!!

~Ari
Field Researcher
#98 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 3:42 PM
thanx so much,i needed this so much,Happy Siming.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:01 PM
*grabs Numenor and hugs him with all my might, down to the floor!*

You have just made my dreams come true!! THANK YOUUUUU!!!

--green
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:07 PM
wow
It's so awesome job!! You rock Thank you sooooo much numenor :-)

*Happy simming*
Page 4 of 13