Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#826 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 6:47 PM
@SimplySimPro -I've already seen your video after marking it as watch later on 4K.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#827 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 6:54 PM
@SimplySimPro
It's a beautiful lot.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#828 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 7:05 PM
Mr Lloyd, my neighbourhood toymaker, lives in an old power station.

Inside it's quite comfortable, it even has a basement where his wife (who is a vampire) sleeps. She is practising to be a witch and keeps her reagents in the kitchen!
Scholar
#829 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 8:15 AM
Greenman's new residence. said by some to have grown up from the trees themselves!
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#830 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 8:41 AM
Wow, very cool tree house @Sims2Christain
Instructor
#831 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 10:02 PM Last edited by moonlight__ : 1st Mar 2021 at 2:01 PM.
Default Old Belgrade
I don't know if this is the right thread but I wanted to share what I made in spring during quarantine.
It's based on a street in Belgrade, Serbia (south Europe) near my apartment. It's beautiful by itself but also very neglected and crime ridden, hence why the abandoned home had turned into a squatting place and a trap house. There are also small businesses like a grocery store and a bakery. Then we have a fancy restaurant and a fancy café with upper-class apartments upstairs on the better side of the street and a standard apartment. I will never play this lot since my computer died along with the lot file but at I least saved these pics on Google Drive.
Also, I hate the fact that you can't have a multi functional community lot with apartments, but at least it's closer than TS3 and TS4.

Edit: Thank you @simsample and @grammapat for your kind words.

Edit 2: I would like to show you my inspiration since my post got popular ❤

Mad Poster
#832 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 9:53 PM
Been making apartments. In Sacramento there are groups of rental cottages (around 6) set around a central courtyard. They are small (under 1000 sq ft) built in 70's. I used to live in one; I planted flowers all over and liked most of the other people. Everyone there was poor, mostly old, sometimes a single mom, always a resident drunk/crazy/recluse guy.
These are much bigger, and I added a community room. I tried to duplicate a diagonal house, but Maxis doesn't like to do roofs...wish I knew how.
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#833 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 5:55 PM
Lovely pictures @grandma_on_a_kiling_spree and @grammapat !

Mad Poster
#834 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Lovely pictures @grandma_on_a_kiling_spree and @grammapat !

I bow to the grandma! Although this gramma sometimes DOES go on a killing spree

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#835 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grandma_on_a_kiling_spree
I don't know if this is the right thread but I wanted to share what I made in spring during quarantine.
It's based on a street in Belgrade, Serbia (south Europe) near my apartment. It's beautiful by itself but also very neglected and crime ridden, hence why the abandoned home had turned into a squatting place and a trap house. There are also small businesses like a grocery store and a bakery. Then we have a fancy restaurant and a fancy café with upper-class apartments upstairs on the better side of the street and a standard apartment. I will never play this lot since my computer died along with the lot file but at I least saved these pics on Google Drive.
Wow this is GORGEOUS!! Such a shame that you lost the lot. I have my files stored in both my computer and external drive but both of those things have gone down on me more than once - unfortunately even when you try to backup your work, bad things still seem to happen. I'm glad you saved these beautiful photos though.
Field Researcher
#836 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 9:34 AM
Making a castle for my nobles!

Screenshots
Test Subject
#837 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 3:45 PM
Default Recently discovered Reshade and...
I am in awe.

Screenshots
Instructor
#838 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 8:58 PM Last edited by moonlight__ : 21st Apr 2022 at 10:17 PM.
Me again. I wanted to upload some of my builds on MTS but apparently my lot files are at least 3x bigger than the max allowed lmao even when I try to delete as much as possible. Here is another one of my builds. It's a Soviet/eastern European/Yugoslavian building. It has two furnished apartments, one is low class 70s style and the other one is supposed to be middle class 90s style, enjoy!

Apartment 1 (low class)

Apartment 2 (middle class)

Field Researcher
#839 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 9:05 AM
I love what my boyfriend did with the interior of one of the original Pleasantview houses.

Inventor
#840 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 3:38 AM

No Editing aside from a little bit of sharpening. TS2 will always be the most beautiful game to me (modded lol) :p
Mad Poster
#841 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 6:04 AM
I've got the home that Jay and Tracy Hobbs live in which is their homestead in Dodge.It's my BACC game and they're currently getting ready for winter now.They arrived earlier in the spring of 1841 and are getting ready to face their first North American prairie winter after immigrating from the UK.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#842 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 2:45 PM
I see a sim @TadOlson ! It's not often I get to see your sims during gameplay, I think I've only seen you post screenshots of buildings or sims in CAS so far. :lovestruc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#843 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 11:02 PM
So I'm sitting here, in my rather modest bungalow in the suburbs of a really boring little city, and I wonder, why is it that my sims all have nicer houses than I do? Take Sim Sample for example, he hasn't done much apart from annoy everyone and throw a lot of parties, but he lives in a really nice place next to the river, and has a maid clean his house every day.

So here's some pictures of his house, full of nicer things than my house.
Test Subject
#844 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 2:04 PM
I really like this photo :p
Screenshots
Scholar
#845 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 8:32 AM
This was supposed to be a poor home, I just can't do that to my poor sims though!
Screenshots
Scholar
#846 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 4:15 AM
'Black Sheep' farm house on the edge of Rematra village some say the grim reaper decorated the place. death disagrees
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#847 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
Also, I hate the fact that you can't have a multi functional community lot with apartments, but at least it's closer than TS3 and TS4.

Have you seen the MogHughson mod that lets you have apartment and some kinds of community lot on the same lot, functioning? https://modthesims.info/d/352602/ap...e-same-lot.html

And if that isn't quite what you mean, you could look into the lot stacking technique: https://threadandsandpaper.dreamwidth.org/5129.html

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#848 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 1:17 AM
Rematra Lighthouse, occupied by one Alexandria Teatheron. second pic is me messing with the fog down from the hood effect by Shopie David. Nina and Don weren't happy about the sudden fog across the road.
Screenshots
Instructor
#849 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 12:26 AM

I haven't played TS2 much in the last, well, year, year and a half? But one of my long standing projects was to completely rebuild Downtown - probably never going to happen, but I like to dream anyway. This here is actually the third iteration of New Trap Door Corp, the new HQ of Hans' Trap Door Corp. The whole idea is to make it look different depending on the angle you looked at it. If you're perpendicular to the windows, it's see through, but at an angle it's a solid wall (pics in the spoiler). The second iteration had to be scrapped as I actually reached the wall limit while doing so (the fake walls used to be every tile instead of every other tile). The building itself is mostly useless, with only a lobby area, a library and a restaurant in the top floor actually having any use. The middle floors will be decorative office space (but unlike the original Hans' Trap Door Corp, accessible and fully "usable" with chairs and tables and such).

However, I'm not entirely convinced yet with the top of the building. A previous iteration had half-walls loop around the building but I'm not sure whether or not to use it here, as the 180º unobstructed view from the restaurant is something unique to this attempt but is making me have a hard time figuring out what to do with the roof.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#850 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 11:58 AM
@Yvelotic2001 I like that last picture, what I would do is to leave it like that but just add red floor tiles on the top, overlapping the edge by one square to mirror the lip beneath the windows. What a fabulous building!
Page 34 of 39