Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11551 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
I feel sorry for them.
From History.com ( https://www.history.com/topics/inve...cts-and-fiction ).... "Einstein actually treated his wife quite badly: He had (and flaunted) many affairs; he was distinctly unhelpful around the house and he made Maric obey a long list of humiliating rules (“You must answer me at once when I speak to you,” for example.) The two divorced in 1919 and Einstein married his cousin Elsa (yes, really).

Sounds to me like low charisma or a "C" average in school might be a lesser punishment.

Well, perhaps Einstein did not dance to the radio, as my toddlers do
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#11552 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 12:04 PM
Imagine playing a house with the most ineffective plan possible. The biggest lot, toilet in one corner, shower in the opposite corner. Fridge in the other corner, counter in the opposite corner, stove back on the opposite corner, table and chair on the opposite corner. Wonder if that would be fatal?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#11553 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 1:49 PM
I actually have played on crazy lots where things are like a maze and everything is far apart. Back in my younger days when I didn't know how to build nice so I built crazy :D

The main problem wasn't starvation, they could take care of needs fine, it was missing the carpool. You had to start telling them to walk to the kerb when you got the "So-and-so's carpool will arrive in 1 hour" pop up.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#11554 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 7:10 PM
I've gotten fairly adept at making urban settings look somewhat overgrown and abandoned, but it's surprisingly difficult to do the same for an open stretch of ground- terrain paint makes a big difference, but that's always flat, so it doesn't quite feel properly overgrown- at the same time, I don't want to fill it all with shrubs as weeds, since then it starts to look cluttered, not to mention creating routing issues for Sims...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11555 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 9:37 AM
I think there are some that act like rugs so they can be walked over.

Top Secret Researcher
#11556 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 4:21 PM
I wish the game would just tell you why it lags/freezes. More information please!!

Forum Resident
#11557 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I wish the game would just tell you why it lags/freezes. More information please!!

Worse is when it goes great and looks great but you still get pink flashing from using amd xD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11558 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 12:00 AM
You know you are old when you are searching for the answer to a problem, and you come across a thread you posted in and see this:

Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11559 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 2:04 AM
It makes me feel quite a newbie. I'm just coming up to my tenth anniversary as a Simmer at the end of this month. I didn't lose much time in joining MTS once I started Simming. I started Simming on 30th November 2012, and joined ModTheSims a week later on 6th December, which is of course St. Nicholas's Day. At that time you had to be a member to download from MTS, and I wanted some of the lovely skimpy clothes (like Noogie666's speedos) that I'd been seeing on MTS even before I got the game. 30th November -- the day I made Andrew and Gloria -- is actually St, Andrew's Day, and St. Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland. I don't think I consciously named my [then] new teen after our patron Saint, but maybe that's the reason why the name Andrew was in my mind.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11560 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 4:09 PM
I think it's pretty awesome that ModTheSims has been around for so long, and is still active and welcoming.

#11561 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 6:47 PM
Default Sims 1
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Imagine playing a house with the most ineffective plan possible. The biggest lot, toilet in one corner, shower in the opposite corner. Fridge in the other corner, counter in the opposite corner, stove back on the opposite corner, table and chair on the opposite corner. Wonder if that would be fatal?

That was me when I had the Sims 1 for the PS2! I remember the glorious day of accidently discovering the fact that sims could die and that led to a nightmarish life for the sims since I was constantly experimenting on them from that point on.
Top Secret Researcher
#11562 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 8:35 AM
I've found that the best way to play vampires is mixed in with a normal family so that there's still movement in time and generations but with that added challenge of vampires. Modified vampires ofc. (Midgethetree mods so that vampires have to suck blood to eat and vampire sunblock perfume. As well as modified skin and eyes.) Add in a few rules about how vampires can be cured or not, when people have to be turned to vampires and such, and you're on your way to some Vampire Diaries level of drama.

Forum Resident
#11563 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 7:41 PM
I've been working on custom TV channels again and they're turning out really cool.
Forum Resident
#11564 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 8:22 PM Last edited by LucieSims : 9th Nov 2022 at 8:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Worse is when it goes great and looks great but you still get pink flashing from using amd xD

I got AMD both processor and graphic card, no more updated, I had pink flashing once, just due to a shader mod.

I love how the sims 2 people get friends so much easily. You invite somebody, you stay a couple of hours hanging with and boom you've got a new friend.
I am so happy Cassandra and my simself seems to like each others, both will be great friends soon that's awesome !

And I also love how somebody a sims 2 when he's very quite interesting in somebody else, when you got 3 lightnings of attraction, their wants are oriented to become somebody new, to fit the desired one.
Now Mortimer wants to become a witch because he's crazy about my simself (and an other girl I don't know her name she's black skinned so pretty , a premade) ahaha .

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Forum Resident
#11565 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
I got AMD both processor and graphic card, no more updated, I had pink flashing once, just due to a shader mod.

Maybe I'm using a relatively new graphics card. The thing is that I already tried everything. I got a moderately stable game, but I can't use the computer before or the memory runs out fast.
Forum Resident
#11566 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Maybe I'm using a relatively new graphics card. The thing is that I already tried everything. I got a moderately stable game, but I can't use the computer before or the memory runs out fast.

Possible , my computer has 6 years old, if you got a very new computer, you might have problems. I got memory troubles I couldn't play ts3 as casual, the memory runs out fast , the game always crashed on desktop, I couldn't play for 5 minutes before boom ! It was due to my antivirus, it has a DEP function I didn't think to disabled it because I didn't know it exists.
New computers are great, but oldies are not ready for.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#11567 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 2:51 AM
I'm always excited to finish crafting and testing a lot to the point where I'm satisfied with it for upload... until I remember that now I still have to take pictures, write a description, and actually UPLOAD the thing, and I almost never can get excited about starting that part of the process!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11568 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I'm always excited to finish crafting and testing a lot to the point where I'm satisfied with it for upload... until I remember that now I still have to take pictures, write a description, and actually UPLOAD the thing, and I almost never can get excited about starting that part of the process!

So much this. I finally finish something and then I have to take screenshots and track down creator info and ... that's why a lot of my stuff hasn't been uploaded lol.
Field Researcher
#11569 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 12:52 AM
In my original neighborhood, I have a couple of sims with opposite exaggerated features. Naomi has big eyes and a big nose, but a smaller mouth, and Paxton has smaller eyes and nose, but has big lips. I was hoping to see if they could produce a child with all the exaggerated features or with all the more "normal" features, but none of the babies did. I didn't want to keep making them have babies since this is my main hood and I don't want my families to have so many children...

SO I DID AN EXPERIMENT (that failed, I'll tell you that right now)

This is my newest couple of sims, made in a test neighborhood and both family sims because I'm sure they'll have a ton of children. The female sim has big eyes, a big mouth and a big chin. The male sim has a big nose, big eyebrows and big cheeks. They both started with the same face template so that the height of their features isn't compromised.

I had this poor sims keep producing children until there was one with all the exaggerated features and one with all the (quote) normal ones. I thought I'd eventually find the right combination, but it never happened. I made it to 75 babies but none of them had that specific combination of genes. Some of them were even the same as some of their siblings (I did this in one sitting , they're not FBS)... and now I don't even know if it's possible. Maybe baby #486 would've been but I'm never gonna get to that.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11570 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 12:08 PM
I kind of like the failed experiments
Mad Poster
#11571 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 10:30 PM
I noticed the taxi taking my Jankowskys to their homestead in my Pleasantview was the wrong one because I forgot the default needed to actually be installed before going live with my Pleasantview game.I should've checked that the default replacement for the game taxi service was already insalled before moving my family in.
Instructor
#11572 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 12:25 AM Last edited by AnMal : 18th Nov 2022 at 3:19 AM.
Two weird and in all likelihood completely innocent and unconnected things happening in Unnamed Area: 1. Jessica Picaso gave her husband a bigfoot hug when they were on a community lot my playable household was visiting. Haven't seen any other sim but bigfoot do it, haven't seen her do it again, and she can't be told to do it - probably just a weird one-off. 2. When Julien Cooke acts as server in his own restaurant, one of his BFF:s never gets his food. It's always the same sim who gets the empty tray, and it doesn't matter where he sits in the place. If Madeleine, Julien's daughter and manager of the business, acts as server the customer gets his food at all times. Julien has full body skill (which I have learned plays a part), he is on very good terms with the sim in question (been BFF:s since first week the hood existed) and he is by now an experienced server. It's weird, but again, probably completely innocent. Is what I tell myself anyway...
Mad Poster
#11573 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 8:09 AM
I think your experiment probably shows that babies inherit in a pre-determined pattern (although a selection of them) rather than randomly between two options per face part. If it was a coin flip, then you'd have around a 3% chance (it's 6 different face parts, right?) of getting either all small or all large. So in 100 experiments, you'd expect to see it at least once, although you might have simply been unlucky.

I once made one sim with all his features as large as they would go - he looked like a roast chicken with eyes on. And his wife was everything as small as it would go. She looked like a scrunched up ball of paper. I can't remember if I made them have natural children or adopt, but I definitely played in the CAS make a baby section for a while :D

Field Researcher
#11574 Old 18th Nov 2022 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I think your experiment probably shows that babies inherit in a pre-determined pattern (although a selection of them) rather than randomly between two options per face part. If it was a coin flip, then you'd have around a 3% chance (it's 6 different face parts, right?) of getting either all small or all large. So in 100 experiments, you'd expect to see it at least once, although you might have simply been unlucky.

I once made one sim with all his features as large as they would go - he looked like a roast chicken with eyes on. And his wife was everything as small as it would go. She looked like a scrunched up ball of paper. I can't remember if I made them have natural children or adopt, but I definitely played in the CAS make a baby section for a while :D

That's something that I was thinking about; how much is it luck and/or patterns that are already there? Part of why I stopped at 75 was because I decided I didn't want to know I didn't want to have that information, since it's more fun if I don't know.

I'm not sure how many parts are considered? It's eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth, chin, cheeks and cheekbones are two different ones, ears (I didn't do those in my experiment) and I don't know if forehead and eyebrows are considered the same part or a different one? I think this is how the features are recognized, though it might be wrong.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11575 Old 18th Nov 2022 at 9:53 AM
There's a dominant facial regions section in the SimDNA, although I haven't seen any studies that explains exactly how these work, and indeed if they work. Maybe there's some information about this I don't know about?

This sim, Wende, has a dominant jaw, and her rather distinctive chin indeed got passed to her daughter (who also had dominant jaw) and her grandchild.
Screenshots
Page 463 of 516