Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 9:09 AM
Default Changing career outfit in CAS
It looks like you can change your career outfit in CAS (Create a Sim) using sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas in the cheat console.

How
  1. Pull up the cheat console (Ctrl+Shift+c).
  2. Enter sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas [id] where [id] is the id of the sim or leave blank for the current sim. You can get sim ids from names using sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstName LastName
  3. In CAS, if you don't want the cheat console visible then click in the input field and use the ESC key.

Setting testingcheats is not required.

Observations
  • The sim's current career outfit may not be available in the list of items to chose from even if you turn the career filter off. So if you save any changes, then you won't be able to reverse back to the default career outfit later using this method if it isn't in the available options.
  • CAS may show your sim wearing a career outfit that they don't use yet due to not being advanced far enough in their career to wear career outfits.
  • Using an id appears to not work if that sim is not view-able or perhaps in the same household. I have not tested this beyond noticing that it doesn't work for a sim I can't cam to.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 11:15 AM
Does the Sim have to be in their working outfit first? Also, where does their name go? Could you type out the command for a Sim name Bill Bows, just so I can be clear how to do it? Thanks!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 6:48 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 15th Dec 2015 at 4:25 AM.
Very helpful. For some reason my police officer likes to go to work in Lederhosen. Can you use this cheat or some variation of it to edit the naked outfit too? I had to uninstall some of my CC accessories because sims would wear them when they're bathing or skinny dipping -____-

The Receptacle still lives!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Does the Sim have to be in their working outfit first? Also, where does their name go? Could you type out the command for a Sim name Bill Bows, just so I can be clear how to do it? Thanks!

No the sim does not need to be in any particular outfit first.

If you are using this for the current sim, then you do not need to specify their name at all. I will use the current sim. If you need to use this for some other sim, then this cheat does not work with sim names, but rather you can use that other cheat first that I listed in step 2 in order to get their id, which is what this cheat uses. So, if your current sim is Bill Bows, and he is the sim you want to modify the career outfit for, then you'd simply use sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas. If, however, you are on another sim other than Bill Bows and you want to modify Bill's career outfit, you'd have to first use sims.get_sim_id_by_name Bill Bows to get their id number, then you'd use that id number with the sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas cheat.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Very helpful. For some reason my police officer likes to go to work in Lederhosen. Can you use this cheat or some variation of it to edit the naked outfit too? I had to install some of my CC accessories because sims would wear them when they're bathing or skinny dipping -____-

No, this cheat only applies to the career outfit. I have not found a cheat for the bathing outfit. I have, however, written a mod and uploaded to this site that will reset bathing outfits. When and if the moderators approve it, you can use that to fix the problem of sims wearing clothes or other un-bathing types of things when in their bathing outfit.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 11:24 AM
Ok, great! I'll try again. I have a scientist who sports a bald-headed look for some weird reason and doesn't wear any of the outfits he's unlocked. I used a mod before to fix his outfit, not his hair, but have since pulled all mods from my game and haven't tested them out yet.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 10:25 AM
Wow ! What a wonderfull cheat !!! However, it seems impossible to add some earings to the outfit, which strangely is the only kind of "jewelry" that doesn't appear in the CAS...
I've noticed the same issue with Zerbu's mod. Weird... and sad... :p
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 5:54 PM
Thanks so much I was really wanting to change the work outfit!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 10:10 PM
This is kind of cool. I really only wanted to change the hairstyle and makeup of a detective.
It seemed strange that a detective would have pink lipstick and long hair, but the cheat did not allow it to be changed.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 8:50 PM
I'm moving this over to Help since I just made a sticky that lists this sort of thread (so that people don't need to switch between forums as much; most of the other threads like this are in Help).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 9:24 PM
Default thank you!
Quote: Originally posted by Lynire
It looks like you can change your career outfit in CAS (Create a Sim) using sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas in the cheat console.

How
  2. Enter sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas [id] where [id] is the id of the sim or leave blank for the current sim. You can get sim ids from names using sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstName LastName
  3. In CAS, if you don't want the cheat console visible then click in the input field and use the ESC key.

Thank you! I have seen horrors on the artist career sims
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 3:41 PM
Thanks for the info, the career outfit was looking terrible! There was a mod but it no longer works, anyway this is easier and means less mods in the mod folder, can only be good! Again big thanks for the info.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 3:46 PM
This is really useful to know. But there doesn't appear to be a way to alter a Sim's career outfit hairstyle...which is annoying since one of my Sims is completely bald when switching to their career outfit for some reason.

Am I missing something, or is there no way to alter their hairstyle using this?
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 2:57 PM
So, in case anyone needs this, you can use the mod "Outfit tools" to change the career outfit, including hair, makeup and tattoos. Just read the description of the mod to know how to use the commands. Just consider that for jobs that doesn't require outfit, it won't work (for example, first positions in Guru Tech career). Enjoy!

http://modthesims.info/d/541770
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 10:34 PM
I tried using the sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas cheat but I can't find the nursing outfit, let alone change the color. I went through the pants and tops, but they're not there. It doesn't direct me to it either when I click on my sims outfit. I also used bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. Still doesn't work. Help would be appreciated!
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 12:01 AM
Does anyone know how to reset their work outfit? I some how accidentally changed it and despite my sim getting a completely different job, her work outfit still won't change. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 3:53 AM
I’m having trouble with this cheat. Can someone please help?! I am putting in the cheat like above. I’ve tried it both being on the specific sim as well as putting there name after the cheat. I do have a family so I’m not sure if that matters since it edits them all in CAS. I just want to edit one sims career outfit.
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 1:06 AM
This is super weird. I was successfully able to modify my maid's outfit by using the Control Any Sim mod and then using this cheat. He was then immediately wearing the outfit I chose and continuing his work. Then later on when he came back to the house he was wearing the maid outfit. Now when I do the same process and come out of CAS, he's wearing the maid outfit again. But the maid outfit color changes, which makes me think it's saving my changes but then regenerating the maid clothes each time.
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 10:02 AM
Thank you
Quote: Originally posted by Lynire

How

Observations
  • The sim's current career outfit may not be available in the list of items to chose from even if you turn the career filter off. So if you save any changes, then you won't be able to reverse back to the default career outfit later using this method if it isn't in the available options.
  • CAS may show your sim wearing a career outfit that they don't use yet due to not being advanced far enough in their career to wear career outfits.
  • Using an id appears to not work if that sim is not view-able or perhaps in the same household. I have not tested this beyond noticing that it doesn't work for a sim I can't cam to.

Just wanted to say thank you because I have been looking for this for months!
Instructor
#20 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 5:44 AM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 7th Jul 2021 at 9:56 AM.
It looks like this cheat sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas (SIM ID) somehow doesn't work anymore as it use to.

ETA: retried a day later and now it worked. No clue what happend the first time.