Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Waronk
I'm currently convert 68 sims 3 effect with @Zulf Ferdiana to sims 4, I'm so happy if someone work together convert all sims 3 effect to sims 4.

That's still my plan as I told Zulf last time, been busy, but will try to work on the merged file soon.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 12:53 AM
Is this still happening??
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 3:58 AM
Default Adding surfaces on Metaparticles
Hello,
I'm trying to make a mod to all butterflies have a surface physics, but i notice that in the metaparticles i can't add a new surface, there some way that can i add then or an update to make this possible?

Thank you very very much.
Matthew.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Canibal_MLO
Hello,
I'm trying to make a mod to all butterflies have a surface physics, but i notice that in the metaparticles i can't add a new surface, there some way that can i add then or an update to make this possible?

Thank you very very much.
Matthew.

I seem to have missed mapping a ContextMenuStrip but it is fixed now, please download new version 1.0.4.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 12:21 PM
It seems that some effects doesn't work in the conversion process. For example I tried to convert "ep8applebobbingsplash" and i've also converted the related texture image resource linked 9A4242BEBDF66AA7.
But it doesn't work. Am i doing something wrong in the conversion process?

P.S.
I wonder if there will be a function in the future that will auto-extracts all resources needed for the effect in order to work (meshes or textures).
Attached files:
File Type: zip  vfx+resources.zip (9.0 KB, 10 downloads)

AlexCroft - Custom Content Creator
STAY TUNED!
YouTube
Patreon
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 6:33 AM
Att. mimi88jp, here are the exported effects you need, I had to add empty.package to the zip file, otherwise I couldn't upload it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ep6crowd.zip (5.3 KB, 11 downloads)
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 10:52 PM
Default Thankyou Sooo Much!!
Quote: Originally posted by denton47
Att. mimi88jp, here are the exported effects you need, I had to add empty.package to the zip file, otherwise I couldn't upload it.

I've been waiting since February for this!!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 8:57 PM
If it's not too much trouble, could the original way the list reloaded be added back as it was in the previous version, please? Where after it reloaded it remained in the same spot instead of being back at the top like it is now. That makes it a lot easier when trying to find specific VFX or clone lots of related VFX.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
If it's not too much trouble, could the original way the list reloaded be added back as it was in the previous version, please? Where after it reloaded it remained in the same spot instead of being back at the top like it is now. That makes it a lot easier when trying to find specific VFX or clone lots of related VFX.

I have changed the tool to work like the TS4 version, the list will still reset when switching between TS3 and TSM.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#35 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 12:59 PM
Oh wow how am I only finding out about this now?! I had a project that I unfortunately had to stop working on because of the fact that I had some issues with editing VFX through a hex editor or even remotely trying to do it through S3PE. (Tracking resources and what belongs together was... really not easy).

Will definitely pick up that project again and give this a try Hopefully, this should also help the development of the tool for simply edited VFX usage if I find anything. May also try and include things with my script mods (More like TS4 > TS3).

Thank you so much for making this!
Test Subject
#36 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 4:17 PM
Default Did you figure it out?
Quote: Originally posted by AlexCroft
It seems that some effects doesn't work in the conversion process. For example I tried to convert "ep8applebobbingsplash" and i've also converted the related texture image resource linked 9A4242BEBDF66AA7.
But it doesn't work. Am i doing something wrong in the conversion process?

P.S.
I wonder if there will be a function in the future that will auto-extracts all resources needed for the effect in order to work (meshes or textures).

Hi Alex, Just wondering did you figure out how to get the mesh to work?
Field Researcher
#37 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 9:21 PM Last edited by MizoreYukii : 7th Oct 2022 at 9:31 PM.
I have changed the tool to work like the TS4 version, the list will still reset when switching between TS3 and TSM.

Thank you so much! But for the resetting, the "Clone" option turns off/stays blank when resetting the list while the "Edit" button stays on/available, so I can't export the next item anyhow. If I try clicking "Edit" to see if it will let me at least export, it throws this error:

Also sometimes it still resets back to the top of the list but I'm not quite sure why/what triggers it.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Oct 2022 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Thank you so much! But for the resetting, the "Clone" option turns off/stays blank when resetting the list while the "Edit" button stays on/available, so I can't export the next item anyhow. If I try clicking "Edit" to see if it will let me at least export, it throws this error:

Also sometimes it still resets back to the top of the list but I'm not quite sure why/what triggers it.

The button states were not resetting when reloading but this should be fixed now.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th Nov 2022 at 12:55 AM
Default New Bug on VFX Tool 1.06 - Cannot save an effect
Hey there, i found a new bug when i try to edit a custom effect. The save button is unable to save.
Check the image bellow, this bug happened to all of my custom effects.

Hugs from Canibal.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 6:06 AM
Hey there, i found a new bug when i try to edit a custom effect. The save button is unable to save.
Check the image bellow, this bug happened to all of my custom effects.

Hugs from Canibal.

Fixed, please download version 1.0.7.
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Apr 2023 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Waronk
I'm currently convert 68 sims 3 effect with @Zulf Ferdiana to sims 4, I'm so happy if someone work together convert all sims 3 effect to sims 4. Include my custom effect for ferris wheel mod

Update with my custom effect for ferris wheel mod
https://modthesims.info/showthread....076#post5840076
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 15th Jun 2023 at 4:26 PM Last edited by Canibal_MLO : 15th Jun 2023 at 4:55 PM.
Hello Denton47! I'm releasing some effects mods for the sims 3, thank you very much for your tool, it took me several months to master it, but I finally managed to release it little by little to the public.

I would like to thank you for this wonder.

Another important thing, I would like to know if it is possible to add new particles, sounds or metaparticles in effects already created, because when I edit an effect without SoundEffect, I would like to know if I can add one more BlockIndex.

We have the "ADD" button when I open the menu to edit the effect, but it just duplicates an existing particle, and I can't create a new Index block to add a SoundEffect, Metaparticles or normal particles. And the arrow in BlockType do not work to change the type to a Metaparticle, SoundEffect or Particle

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be so nice for my mod projects to have this option working.

Again thank you very much and if you still play sims 3 check out what I already did with your tool!

Canibal_MLO
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 17th Jun 2023 at 6:39 AM
Hello Denton47! I'm releasing some effects mods for the sims 3, thank you very much for your tool, it took me several months to master it, but I finally managed to release it little by little to the public.

Another important thing, I would like to know if it is possible to add new particles, sounds or metaparticles in effects already created, because when I edit an effect without SoundEffect, I would like to know if I can add one more BlockIndex.

We have the "ADD" button when I open the menu to edit the effect, but it just duplicates an existing particle, and I can't create a new Index block to add a SoundEffect, Metaparticles or normal particles. And the arrow in BlockType do not work to change the type to a Metaparticle, SoundEffect or Particle

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be so nice for my mod projects to have this option working.

Again thank you very much and if you still play sims 3 check out what I already did with your tool!

Canibal_MLO

You are right, the Add button just does a copy of the current selected row, the problem with adding new effect resources "from scratch" is that I don't know what the default values for all the effect properties are supposed to be, if a property has an invalid value it usually just crashes the game.

I think the best solution would be to copy an effect type from another effect to ensure all properties have valid values, I will take a closer look at this and revert.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 21st Jun 2023 at 6:20 PM

Canibal_MLO

It is now possible to add new block types by copying from other effects,

You will need to load the main database first when editing custom effects.

I haven't done a lot of testing, let me know if something is not working correctly.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#45 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 19th Dec 2023 at 12:38 PM.
I know this thread has been quiet for sometime now but I was wondering if it would be possible to edit the lighthouse beam rotation with this tool? The beam rotates too fast for my liking and I would like to slow it down some.

EDIT: Well, I did found the visual effect - Lighthouse beam - but unfortunately I have no idea what to do or how to change it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 20th Dec 2023 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme
I know this thread has been quiet for sometime now but I was wondering if it would be possible to edit the lighthouse beam rotation with this tool? The beam rotates too fast for my liking and I would like to slow it down some.

EDIT: Well, I did found the visual effect - Lighthouse beam - but unfortunately I have no idea what to do or how to change it.

I don't think the rotation is done by the visual effect, more likely by the ParticleAnim or ParticleAnimComplex shaders, I assume you need to change the AnimSpeed and/or AnimDir parameters.

These are the Lighthouse visual effects,

lighthousebeam
lighthousefx
lighthouseglow
lighthouselensflarefx

I don't know the names of the Lighthouse world objects.
Alchemist
#47 Old 20th Dec 2023 at 4:53 PM
I don't think the rotation is done by the visual effect, more likely by the ParticleAnim or ParticleAnimComplex shaders, I assume you need to change the AnimSpeed and/or AnimDir parameters.

These are the Lighthouse visual effects,

lighthousebeam
lighthousefx
lighthouseglow
lighthouselensflarefx

I don't know the names of the Lighthouse world objects.

Ah, okay. I'll start looking at those things then. Thank you for the help.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 9:14 PM
@denton47 I was wondering if it would be possible to load also store objects effects in some way. I'm trying to convert the montevista pizza oven effect, but it doesn't load to the vfx tool. Thanks
Attached files:
File Type: rar  effect.rar (1.7 KB, 2 downloads)

AlexCroft - Custom Content Creator
STAY TUNED!
YouTube
Patreon
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 6:37 AM
@denton47 I was wondering if it would be possible to load also store objects effects in some way. I'm trying to convert the montevista pizza oven effect, but it doesn't load to the vfx tool. Thanks

This is an older version of the SWB resource, I will try and make the tool compatible and revert.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 16th Feb 2024 at 7:27 AM

The tool now supports ParticleEffect version 3, 4 and 5, please download new version 1.0.9.
Page 2 of 2