Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Druyddark
If I try to import a sound, I get an error message.

If you Clone a voice event, click Save and the open the custom package immediately after then the tool will throw an exception, until I get this fixed you will need to exit and start the tool again after a Clone/Save.

I have successfully cloned a voice sound event and replaced the recordings, I don't know how to test vo_vampire_blood_accera in game so I used the standard Call Over interaction as it is easy to test, you select an adult household Sim and find another Sim some distance away and the Call Over interaction will be available which will play the vo_soc_callovera sound event.

I also don't have any custom voice recordings so I took the standard Sul Sul greetings and exported them to mp3 to simulate custom voice recordings, this should also stand out when testing.

I did the following steps,

1. Select Gamepack Base Game, select Sound Event vo_soc_callovera, click Clone, remove _fa suffix, click OK and chose package name.
2. For Female Voice 1 delete all the variations and click Add to import sulsul_af1.mp3.
3. Repeat step 2 for Female Voice 2-3 and Male Voice 1-3.
4. Click Save and copy the package to the Mods/Packages folder.

I have attached the completed package for reference and also the mp3 files if you want to create it yourself.

If the game won't play your recordings make sure they are MPEG 1.0 MONO, voices are a little different as the game applies voice pitch modulation depending on the CAS setting and some voice events also have animation overlays (lip sync).
Attached files:
File Type: zip  vo_soc_callovera.zip (129.4 KB, 6 downloads)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by denton47
If you Clone a voice event, click Save and the open the custom package immediately after then the tool will throw an exception, until I get this fixed you will need to exit and start the tool again after a Clone/Save.

I have successfully cloned a voice sound event and replaced the recordings, I don't know how to test vo_vampire_blood_accera in game so I used the standard Call Over interaction as it is easy to test, you select an adult household Sim and find another Sim some distance away and the Call Over interaction will be available which will play the vo_soc_callovera sound event.

I also don't have any custom voice recordings so I took the standard Sul Sul greetings and exported them to mp3 to simulate custom voice recordings, this should also stand out when testing.

I did the following steps,

1. Select Gamepack Base Game, select Sound Event vo_soc_callovera, click Clone, remove _fa suffix, click OK and chose package name.
2. For Female Voice 1 delete all the variations and click Add to import sulsul_af1.mp3.
3. Repeat step 2 for Female Voice 2-3 and Male Voice 1-3.
4. Click Save and copy the package to the Mods/Packages folder.

I have attached the completed package for reference and also the mp3 files if you want to create it yourself.

If the game won't play your recordings make sure they are MPEG 1.0 MONO, voices are a little different as the game applies voice pitch modulation depending on the CAS setting and some voice events also have animation overlays (lip sync).

My game is not playing sound, how do I check if the audio is MPEG 1.0 MONO? I put your package in the packages folder and assigned a sound event to it and it worked. Sampling is 44100hz, I exported as joint stereo, but still not working.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 6:31 AM
My game is not playing sound, how do I check if the audio is MPEG 1.0 MONO? I put your package in the packages folder and assigned a sound event to it and it worked. Sampling is 44100hz, I exported as joint stereo, but still not working.

In the Variations section where the sound recordings are shown there is an Info button that will show detailed information like this,

Codec 05 - Ch.Value 0 - SampleRate 32000 - Flags 0 - TotalSamples 28800/28800 - BlockSize 9991
Length 0.9s

-------------------------------------------Frame 0 Granule 0-------------------------------------------
[MPEG 1.0 - 32000 Hz - MONO - Ext: 0x0] [Scfsi 0 - Size 3869 - SideInfo0 0x8996056B - SideInfo1 0x1000]

Regarding the test you made, you replaced the Sul Sul recordings with your vampire recordings and then the Call Over interaction played your recordings ?, if that is the case your recordings should be fine and the next step would be to have a closer look at the animation(s) playing the vo_vampire_blood_accera sound event.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 1:50 AM
In the Variations section where the sound recordings are shown there is an Info button that will show detailed information like this,

Codec 05 - Ch.Value 0 - SampleRate 32000 - Flags 0 - TotalSamples 28800/28800 - BlockSize 9991
Length 0.9s

-------------------------------------------Frame 0 Granule 0-------------------------------------------
[MPEG 1.0 - 32000 Hz - MONO - Ext: 0x0] [Scfsi 0 - Size 3869 - SideInfo0 0x8996056B - SideInfo1 0x1000]

Regarding the test you made, you replaced the Sul Sul recordings with your vampire recordings and then the Call Over interaction played your recordings ?, if that is the case your recordings should be fine and the next step would be to have a closer look at the animation(s) playing the vo_vampire_blood_accera sound event.

I checked my audio and it's MPEG 1.0 so I don't think that's the problem.

In fact, your package reproduced it. Basically, I put it in my MOD folder and assigned the sound event "vo_soc_callovera" in place of "vo_vampire_blood_accera". In this case, it worked.

So, I cloned "vo_vampire_blood_accera" and put its sounds, "sulsul_am", instead of mine. In this test the game didn't play the audio, just as it didn't play my sound.

I have two hypotheses, either there is something wrong that I am doing during the cloning and replacement (but I don't know what it is, because I did the step by step) or the problem is in the cloning of "vo_vampire_blood_accera".

I would humbly ask you to test "vo_vampire_blood_accera", I really don't know what to do. This sound event corresponds to the Vampire "Drink" interaction, (the friendly wrist bite interaction)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 6:57 AM
I checked my audio and it's MPEG 1.0 so I don't think that's the problem.

In fact, your package reproduced it. Basically, I put it in my MOD folder and assigned the sound event "vo_soc_callovera" in place of "vo_vampire_blood_accera". In this case, it worked.

So, I cloned "vo_vampire_blood_accera" and put its sounds, "sulsul_am", instead of mine. In this test the game didn't play the audio, just as it didn't play my sound.

I have two hypotheses, either there is something wrong that I am doing during the cloning and replacement (but I don't know what it is, because I did the step by step) or the problem is in the cloning of "vo_vampire_blood_accera".

I would humbly ask you to test "vo_vampire_blood_accera", I really don't know what to do. This sound event corresponds to the Vampire "Drink" interaction, (the friendly wrist bite interaction)

I haven't done any testing yet but I think I know what the problem may be, the game files actually have two versions of vo_vampire_blood_accera, one for Late Night and one for Supernatural, unlike TS4, TS3 uses the resource group key when loading the audio recordings, I suggest you try and create two versions as well and see if that works, use the Gamepack selector to chose Late Night and Supernatural.

For reference, these are the group keys,

0x281407EC = Late Night
0x701407EC = Supernatural
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 12:50 AM
I haven't done any testing yet but I think I know what the problem may be, the game files actually have two versions of vo_vampire_blood_accera, one for Late Night and one for Supernatural, unlike TS4, TS3 uses the resource group key when loading the audio recordings, I suggest you try and create two versions as well and see if that works, use the Gamepack selector to chose Late Night and Supernatural.

For reference, these are the group keys,

0x281407EC = Late Night
0x701407EC = Supernatural

I couldn't replace it, but I was able to create a custom sound event with your tool and it worked perfectly. It was exactly what I needed for my mod, so I just have to thank you very much. ??

I should also warn you that effect cloning is having issues, especially effects coming from VFX Effects. I tried to replace it and the game didn't play the sound, I also tried to create, as I did with the voices, a custom sound event, but that didn't work either. It worked when I used the same audio prefixing it with vo_, as if it were a voice. That's not a big problem for me, it wouldn't look good anyway.
Inventor
#32 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 2:32 AM
Hey there, I'm the weird one doing pet stuff.

I'm looking to make the sound event vo_idle_groom_sit_hackR (cats only) available for both kinds of dogs. Is it possible to do that with this tool? I sort of understand your instructions, but I figured I'd have to play around with it for everything to make sense.

It looks like the audio events in the tool are just the human voices. Is that true? Is there any way to access the pet voices?

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
Hey there, I'm the weird one doing pet stuff.

I'm looking to make the sound event vo_idle_groom_sit_hackR (cats only) available for both kinds of dogs. Is it possible to do that with this tool? I sort of understand your instructions, but I figured I'd have to play around with it for everything to make sense.

It looks like the audio events in the tool are just the human voices. Is that true? Is there any way to access the pet voices?

I have added the following voice types/suffixes based on the vo_trait_ sound events,

Cat Voice 1 = "_ka"
Cat Voice 2 = "_ra"
Dog Voice 1 = "_da"
Dog Voice 2 = "_ga"
Dog Voice 3 = "_sa"
Horse Voice 1 = "_ha"
Horse Voice 2 = "_wa"

This should allow you to create the vo_idle_groom_sit_hackr sound event for dogs (d/g/s). Please download new version 1.0.6.
Inventor
#34 Old 22nd Dec 2022 at 11:44 PM
I have added the following voice types/suffixes based on the vo_trait_ sound events,

Cat Voice 1 = "_ka"
Cat Voice 2 = "_ra"
Dog Voice 1 = "_da"
Dog Voice 2 = "_ga"
Dog Voice 3 = "_sa"
Horse Voice 1 = "_ha"
Horse Voice 2 = "_wa"

This should allow you to create the vo_idle_groom_sit_hackr sound event for dogs (d/g/s). Please download new version 1.0.6.

Oh, wow! Thank you. I'll get right on it.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 9:58 PM
Default BUG REPORT: Can't replace modal music from expansions
@denton47

description
I think I found a Bug, cause I can't replace build-music, buy-music, CAS-music, map-music, load-music or theme-music from expansion-packs.
On the other hand I can replace music in all those categories for basegame just fine.

sources of problems that I can rule out
- all files were encoded in mp3, joint-stereo, 44100hz, with less than 200kbit/s
- for testing I exported several in game music tracks from basegame and expansions and replaced some build-mode music with this music from other game modes, this way I can be sure all the file encodings of the replacing file are right
- i tested it with EAlayer version 0.62 and 0.63 (cause version 0.7 seems not to be working)
- i tested it with Soundtool version 1.0.3 and 1.0.6 from the provided links
- i used ffmpeg version 5.1.2 from the provided link, though it might not be a faulty ffmpeg version

what I'd guess what the problem is
- the key resource in the produced package uses the same modal name and instance number for the package that replaces the base game music and the package that replaces the expansion pack music
-> summary: Soundtool uses same modal and same instance key for base game and expansion pack replacement

Please help me, did I do some obvious mistakes that I'm not recognizing yet or is this an actual bug?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OhRudi
@denton47

description
I think I found a Bug, cause I can't replace build-music, buy-music, CAS-music, map-music, load-music or theme-music from expansion-packs.
On the other hand I can replace music in all those categories for basegame just fine.

sources of problems that I can rule out
- all files were encoded in mp3, joint-stereo, 44100hz, with less than 200kbit/s
- for testing I exported several in game music tracks from basegame and expansions and replaced some build-mode music with this music from other game modes, this way I can be sure all the file encodings of the replacing file are right
- i tested it with EAlayer version 0.62 and 0.63 (cause version 0.7 seems not to be working)
- i tested it with Soundtool version 1.0.3 and 1.0.6 from the provided links
- i used ffmpeg version 5.1.2 from the provided link, though it might not be a faulty ffmpeg version

what I'd guess what the problem is
- the key resource in the produced package uses the same modal name and instance number for the package that replaces the base game music and the package that replaces the expansion pack music
-> summary: Soundtool uses same modal and same instance key for base game and expansion pack replacement

Please help me, did I do some obvious mistakes that I'm not recognizing yet or is this an actual bug?

I am looking into replacing music for expasions packs, one thing to note is that it is the resource Group ID (the most significant 8 bits) that separates the audio resources in the different packs, not the Instance ID alone,

0x001407EC Base Game

0x081407EC EP1 World Adventures
0x181407EC EP2 Ambitions
0x281407EC EP3 Late Night
0x381407EC EP4 Generations
0x481407EC EP5 Pets
0x581407EC EP6 Showtime
0x701407EC EP7 Supernatural
0x781407EC EP8 Seasons
0x881407EC EP9 University Life
0x901407EC EP10 Island Paradise
0xA01407EC EP11 Into The Future

0x101407EC SP1 High End Loft Stuff
0x201407EC SP2 Fast Lane Stuff
0x401407EC SP4 Town Life Stuff
0x981407EC SP9 Movie Stuff
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 4:31 PM Last edited by OhRudi : 12th Feb 2023 at 1:48 PM.
I am looking into replacing music for expasions packs, one thing to note is that it is the resource Group ID (the most significant 8 bits) that separates the audio resources in the different packs, not the Instance ID alone,

0x001407EC Base Game

0x081407EC EP1 World Adventures
0x181407EC EP2 Ambitions
0x281407EC EP3 Late Night
0x381407EC EP4 Generations
0x481407EC EP5 Pets
0x581407EC EP6 Showtime
0x701407EC EP7 Supernatural
0x781407EC EP8 Seasons
0x881407EC EP9 University Life
0x901407EC EP10 Island Paradise
0xA01407EC EP11 Into The Future

0x101407EC SP1 High End Loft Stuff
0x201407EC SP2 Fast Lane Stuff
0x401407EC SP4 Town Life Stuff
0x981407EC SP9 Movie Stuff

Hey @denton47,

I compared the resources produced by SoundTool with the original resources in the installation files (FullBuild.package) for base game and expansion pack 1 (world adventures). Here’s a short list of differences that catched my eye

1. the AUDT-resource in the installation files has one block that the package by SoundTool hasn’t
- it’s the first block of the AUDT-resource with name music_mode_build in the installation files of both base game and EP1
- the package by SoundTool hasn’t this block in its AUDT-resource
Code:
--- Blocks[0] ---
       Id: 0x3C10C7B9 (LoopPlaylist)
       RepCode: 0x0000
       TypeCode: 0x00000001 (Byte)
       Data: Data: 0x01
2. the _KEY resource in the installation files (both) hasn’t one entry that package by SoundTool has
- it’s the first entry in the key resource of the package generated by SoundTool: neither base game nor EP1 has that entry in their key file
Code:
[0] 0x0000000000000002: AudioType
3. the group id and instance id of the _KEY resources from the installation files (of both) is different than the one in the package generated by SoundTool
- that probably isn’t the Problem, but I still wanted to mention it at least
4. AUDT resource in the installation files of EP1 has the compressed flag, but not the AUDT resource generated by SoundTool
- the other way around for the installtion files of base game (FullBuild1.package), there the AUDT resource hasn't the compressed flag, but the AUDT resource generated by SoundTool has
- I'm talking about the AUDT resource that get's replaced by the package from SoundTool
5. I compared AUDT resource of two files generated by SoundTool, one file replacing one song of build music for base game, the other file replacing one song of build music for EP1 and there was a significant difference
- the replacemant song was the same file for both, again exported from game files to be sure all file encoding are right
- the AUDT resource of the package for ep1 has a block, that the AUDT resource of the package for base game hasn't
Code:
--- Blocks[2] ---
   Id: 0x9E3CE331 (2654790449)

6. I compared one other mod that's replacing music from expansions (and works just fine) with the packages generated by SoundTool
- the mod only replaces the _AUD resources and doesn't replace the AUDT resource
- replacing the AUDT resource is probably necessary for adding additional soundtracks above the original amount of tracks, but I still wanted to mention it
- here's the link to the mod I'm talking about
https://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.c...d-this-week-ts3

I still just have a vague idea about what each of these exactly do, but this just me trying to nail down the problem. Hope that helps somehow
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Feb 2023 at 9:53 AM
Hey @denton47,

I compared the resources produced by SoundTool with the original resources in the installation files (FullBuild.package) for base game and expansion pack 1 (world adventures). Here’s a short list of differences that catched my eye

1. the AUDT-resource in the installation files has one block that the package by SoundTool hasn’t
- it’s the first block of the AUDT-resource with name music_mode_build in the installation files of both base game and EP1
- the package by SoundTool hasn’t this block in its AUDT-resource
Code:
--- Blocks[0] ---
       Id: 0x3C10C7B9 (LoopPlaylist)
2. the _KEY resource in the installation files (both) hasn’t one entry that package by SoundTool has
- it’s the first entry in the key resource of the package generated by SoundTool: neither base game nor EP1 has that entry in their key file
Code:
[0] 0x0000000000000002: AudioType
3. the group id and instance id of the _KEY resources from the installation files (of both) is different than the one in the package generated by SoundTool
- that probably isn’t the Problem, but I still wanted to mention it at least
4. AUDT resource in the installation files of EP1 has the compressed flag, but not the AUDT resource generated by SoundTool
- the other way around for the installtion files of base game (FullBuild1.package), there the AUDT resource hasn't the compressed flag, but the AUDT resource generated by SoundTool has
- I'm talking about the AUDT resource that get's replaced by the package from SoundTool
5. I compared AUDT resource of two files generated by SoundTool, one file replacing one song of build music for base game, the other file replacing one song of build music for EP1 and there was a significant difference
- the replacemant song was the same file for both, again exported from game files to be sure all file encoding are right
- the AUDT resource of the package for ep1 has a block, that the AUDT resource of the package for base game hasn't
Code:
--- Blocks[2] ---
   Id: 0x9E3CE331 (2654790449)

6. I compared one other mod that's replacing music from expansions (and works just fine) with the packages generated by SoundTool
- the mod only replaces the _AUD resources and doesn't replace the AUDT resource
- replacing the AUDT resource is probably necessary for adding additional soundtracks above the original amount of tracks, but I still wanted to mention it
- here's the link to the mod I'm talking about
https://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.c...d-this-week-ts3

I still just have a vague idea about what each of these exactly do, but this just me trying to nail down the problem. Hope that helps somehow

I can't get the World Adventures map music to play either, seem to have something to do with the SNR format and maybe the PCM samples but I am still working on this.

The tool does not change the IsLooped property in the Audio Tuner, it updates Parent, Gain, Samples and Codec, if Codec is not present the tool will add it as it is required when using EALayer3 audio. The IsLooped property exists both in the Audio Tuner and audio recordings themselves (5th byte bit 5), when you add new mp3 audio it inherits IsLooped from the Audio Tuner.

The AudioType in the name map is just for internal use when editing a package, it does not affect gameplay.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 20th Feb 2023 at 7:27 PM

Turns out when you mod an Audio Tuner the game will always load the audio recording from the Base Game files, even if it belongs to an expansion, I will change this in the next update.

For now you will have to manually change the Group to 0x001407EC for all the AUD resources.

I have changed the China Map music to the TSM theme music and attached it as a reference, travel to China and press M for Map Mode to test it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  music_mode_map_china.zip (2.84 MB, 2 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 27th Feb 2023 at 1:35 PM Last edited by OhRudi : 27th Feb 2023 at 1:49 PM.
Quote:
For now you will have to manually change the Group to 0x001407EC for all the AUD resources.

Yes, this worked just fine! Thank you.
Hint for anybody else who might read this too: to replace/add music from an expansion pack, change the Group to 0x001407EC for all the "_AUD" resources, not the "AUDT" resource in the package that got generated by the SoundTool software, just in case this wasn't clear already
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 6:49 PM
Yes, this worked just fine! Thank you.
Hint for anybody else who might read this too: to replace/add music from an expansion pack, change the Group to 0x001407EC for all the "_AUD" resources, not the "AUDT" resource in the package that got generated by the SoundTool software, just in case this wasn't clear already

I have uploaded a new version which sets group 0x001407EC for all custom sounds.
Test Subject
#42 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 11:32 AM
I can't clone the kar_duet_a_intro_music, can you make me clone the kar_duet_a_intro_music from showtime? Also make this tool faster.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 1:27 PM
Hi Denton47, is it possible to load also store packages files containing AUDT resources? Thanks

AlexCroft - Custom Content Creator
STAY TUNED!
YouTube
Patreon
Page 2 of 2