Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 3:49 AM
Default Mod to improve espresso machine functionalilty
I have been working on a mod to make that borked community lot espresso machine work the way I want it to. On an owned lot, when the business owner or anyone operates the machine, nobody buys coffee and you cannot run a coffee shop business. This is infuriating, so I made this mod. Can somebody please test it? It works well in my game, and coffee shops are now a roaring trade when run from an owned community lot. You can use the lot owner, a playable sim, or a townie to be the barrista.
I cannot make it work on unowned community lots (suggestions?) although I'm not too bothered about that because I play integrated hoods.
I have it loading last in my game, and I based the motives on Exnem's dessert cart (which works wonderfully with this mod for a thriving little business).
Thanks to anyone willing to try it and provide feedback!
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  ZZEspressoMachinePatch.7z (406 Bytes, 18 downloads)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 4:41 AM
I'll give it a try, anything it might clash with?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 4:44 AM
I don't think so. I even had jfade's caffeination mod in with it and it still worked, but that mod isn't needed now anyway.
It works in my game with all of my billion mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 12:01 PM
Did you manage to give it a test @joandsarah77?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 12:40 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 6th Aug 2022 at 1:21 PM.
Funny you should ask, I found a sim who can run a coffee shop tonight and built it. I was about to have him buy and go there when my game crashed. I'm reloading.
I've certainly seen no clashes or anything odd happen with unowned coffee shops.

Also sorry I am a slow player but testing this was at the back of my mind, I was hoping a few others might have done so as well -looks like I am the only one. You might find Discord to be a better place to ask for testers.

Came back to say, they are lining up for coffee but this shop is right now only selling coffee and the owner is being barista, later on I would add food for sale and hire someone but he is too broke buying the place to do that yet. Also this is my Uber hood with 14 gigs of content.

I might try with a cheap tables and one of the extracted plates of food I have set that for sale and see how it fairs, he can just afford that because ideally I would like coffee shops to sell food as well.

Edit again: They are still lining up for coffee with the food for sale there, looking promising.

Now he can't seem to get to the cash register and says that coffee machine is 'in his way'. Not sure if this is some kind of routing issue or the mod or something else. I see no reason why he can't reach the till but will try a few things.
Picked them all up and placed down again and now he can? I highly doubt that had anything to do with your mod though.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 3:44 AM
Oh that's weird, I've never had that issue.
I asked for an invite to the discord in my PM, thanks!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 9:33 PM
Ah wow I'm so interested in this, this has been bugging me for soooo long!!!!! I've found unselected sims never autonomously uses it on unowned comm lots either tbh! In fact I swear I had a mod creating this behaviour, I've spent ages trying to work out which but this makes me think it was just standard game behaviour all along!