Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#76 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 1:16 AM
I need to know the name of a maxis street lamp.

I have an issue with a maxis lamp is being overwritten and I ran a GUID conflict scan, but yikes it's put a hundred items to all kinds of things including mods. I need to know the Maxis name of the lamp post. It's modern looking with a round ball globe on top and I think the lamp part comes in red, black maybe some other colours. I used it on my lot here http://www.modthesims.info/d/542892

Peni, I would not keep graves or urns on an apartment lot at all, I would move it to a cemetery.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 1:19 AM
If it's over-writing it, couldn't you install that lot of yours and see which object shows up instead of the lamps? Or is it only over-writing it in the catalog so you can't place it again?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 1:40 AM
Normally I wouldn't either, but I want Vidcund's ghost to manifest at least once.

I suppose he could give it to Pascal to keep till she spawned, and then he could send it to the cemetery.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#79 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 1:45 AM
@gummilutt I don't know what is overwriting it. A few days back I could not find it in the catalog so I'm not sure how long it's been gone for either. I ran a GUID scan which is very confusing. maxon said she would change the GUID number for me, but that requires me to find it. I thought if I had the name of the maxis lamp that has gone I should be able to find that in this huge list it's given me. Is it a Pet's object? If I knew which EP or SP it came from I could look through the default object data base.

After a bit of a look, it appears to be called 'There are four lights' ? http://slig-lj.livejournal.com/4115.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#80 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

I have an issue with a maxis lamp is being overwritten and I ran a GUID conflict scan, but yikes it's put a hundred items to all kinds of things including mods. I need to know the Maxis name of the lamp post. It's modern looking with a round ball globe on top and I think the lamp part comes in red, black maybe some other colours. I used it on my lot here http://www.modthesims.info/d/542892

Peni, I would not keep graves or urns on an apartment lot at all, I would move it to a cemetery.
It's the Worldly Hue Streetlamp from OFB.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#81 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 1:52 AM
So it's not called 'There are four lights" Somehow I didn't think so. I found that on the object data base.

So 'Worldly Hue Streetlamp' I'll see if I can find that name.

Nope, not on the list. Well this gets more confusing.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#82 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Is this it?

Edit: Welp, I was late.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#83 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 2:01 AM
That is it yes, but the name does not show up in the GUID conflict scan so now I don't know what to do or why it's vanished. Thanks for the help anyway. Back to the drawing board on this one.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#84 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 2:03 AM
I don't know if it'll help, but I have debug mode on, so:
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#85 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 2:12 AM
Thank you so so much! I used the GUID number and found it, it's now belongs to a Light up nativity. I was thinking lamp post, but that's like a deco item that lights up. Goodness that lamp must have been gone awhile since I downloaded the nativity over Christmas.

Well I assume it is, the file I am looking at uses capital letters not lower case, does that matter?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#86 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 4:33 AM
Does anyone else mix up all the Newsons' names? Why oh why do they all have to start with G? Did Maxis have a sick sense of humour?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#87 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 5:02 AM
^ yes ^

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#88 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 8:30 AM
Does imparting knowledge give charisma skill points? I had a sim imparting knowledge for body skills and her charisma skill want re-rolled. I never used that option before and thought I'd have a sim try it out, the other sim gained points quickly. Another thing I noticed was at the Science hobby lot where a sim was using the medical dummy. The leader came over and kept talking, I think it was 'giving lessons' or something. She gained skills pretty quick too. I do have the mod for skilling on community lots.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Alchemist
#89 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 4:55 PM
I have a question about hair recolors - when you do a recolor, bodyshop pulls every age group into the project folder. If I only recolored the adult age, can I just delete the other ages from the folder so they're not packaged with the file? I'm trying to clean up some files before I post them, but of course, I don't want to break them.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 5:18 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 14th Mar 2016 at 9:36 PM. Reason: Clarification
Just out of curiosity, why would you not include the other age groups? If the mesh does not have them and that age group is replaced by a maxis hair I understand it, but if the mesh has them and the texture is the same (which it usually is), why not include it?

Theo's hair binner can remove unwanted hair groups. Never tried deleting them from the project folder so I can't say if that would cause problems.

Alchemist
#91 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 5:35 PM
It's hair with gray roots and streaks, so not something most people would put on younger Sims.

I never could get the hair binner to work, but I'll try deleting the unused ages and importing them into the game tonight, if no one knows if it'll work.
Mad Poster
#92 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 5:45 PM
Ah, I see. Yes, I suppose you'd only want that for adult I could do it for you, if you can't get it to work.

Scholar
#93 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 8:11 PM
I had Wise Old Man appear in my relationships panel recently, so obviously I was crapping beyond possibilities. He stayed in the panel at the hotel, but went from the panel when my family went home from vacation.

Is this normal?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Normally I wouldn't either, but I want Vidcund's ghost to manifest at least once.

I suppose he could give it to Pascal to keep till she spawned, and then he could send it to the cemetery.

Does a ghost have to spawn in order for it to appear in the cemetery? I'm not too sure if that's true....I think I've only had a handful of ghosts spawn on residential lots but I've had other ghosts, who I know for a fact have never spawned before, pop out when I'm at the cemetery. I always send my tombstones straight to the cemetery after a sim dies. (I've hated ghosts since the first game)
Field Researcher
#95 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 9:16 PM
In my experience, it doesn't have to, no. But others experience the opposite, so I'm not sure what the answer really is.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 9:49 PM
Does anyone know the etymology of Desiderata Valley? Its name just seems a bit out of place amongst the other Sims 2 'hoods.
Mad Poster
#97 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 10:45 PM
I know this is going to sound redundant and silly, but there's one burning question I have about the Maxis beach lots (templates):

If you have an island and want to use an empty beach lot template to build a residential house, is it all right to turn them around to fit them onto the map? Are they fixed in position for a certain map?

The second part of that question: once they're placed on the lot/map, do they have to stay on the map/location for fear of glitchiness?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#98 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 11:13 PM
Every year or so, I get tired of my Multi-PT pack. I like the facial features, but I want new skins. Is it possible to open my PT's in Body Shop and change the skin color or do I have to get a whole new pack?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#99 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 11:47 PM
@ihatemandatoryregister

I think it is from this poem:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiderata
Field Researcher
#100 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Does anyone know the etymology of Desiderata Valley? Its name just seems a bit out of place amongst the other Sims 2 'hoods.

I am not sure about this, but it might be related to the 1927 poem Desiderata by Max Ehrmann, which I have quoted under the spoiler.

Page 4 of 1339