Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:42 AM Last edited by goderguy : 25th Feb 2017 at 3:44 PM. Reason: Content/question wording
Default Season length
Is there a way to set in-game the length (in Sim days) of each season, without a hack or mod or controller? Or even every season? I like my seasons to be 7 days, so each Sim week is a season. I have this little green Chinese vase thing (mod/hack) that controls the weather per household, but I would like to have the entire Hood be in sync, and would prefer to do so without a mod/hack.

goderguy
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:45 AM
Not sure, maybe this mod would work http://modthesims.info/d/282183

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:48 AM
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Not sure, maybe this mod would work http://modthesims.info/d/282183

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

goderguy
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:20 AM
Hey, next time can you use the WCIF forum, thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Hey, next time can you use the WCIF forum, thanks.

I apologize if my wording wasn't clearer initially, but I was hoping this was an in-game feature that didn't require a mod or hack, so that's why my question was asked here and not on the WCIF board.

goderguy
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:48 PM
Ah. In that case, the answer is no. You can pause the season with the Weather Controller Aspiration Reward, but that requires input from the user.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#8 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:56 PM
Or you can leave it up to rotation. Finish one family on the first day of Spring. Then, play the next family until the first day of Spring. I use it as a way to keep up with which families I've played lately.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:25 PM
I do that too, but it doesn't change the duration of the seasons?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...