Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:44 AM
Default First music video: This Fire
I just created my first music video in The Sims 3! I know it could be better, but I'm still pleased with the result. It's about two adventurers who are in a relationship, but are struggling. I made the music video for Lisa Miskovsky's song ''This Fire''. I'd love feedback and comments, hope you give it a try!

This Fire

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:58 PM
They've been pretty lenient on my end. Everything I've wanted to use so far, they've let me. I try to avoid music that is either too popular or not popular enough*, but if pay that just a little mind you won't get into trouble all that often.

*meaning, they're not going to strike you for using something a million other people have used in their videos already. Especially if the song has some sort of meme-like appeal, that pretty much voids all copyright nowadays.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
You did a good job. Are you going to get dinged from YouTube for the music though? I know they make noise about 'fair use' but they don't really mean it. It would be unfortunate for your channel to rack up copyright strikes because Google can't pull their heads out of their fifth point of contact...

Thank you! That made me happy to hear

I've already gotten a message. Apparently the record company was ok with it as long as they get to put adverts in it and get the money. I don't think Lisa Miskovsky makes big bucks on her music nowadays