Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 10:51 AM
Default Planning Thread
This thread is for planning shared neighbourhood arrangements. It's best to keep it all here so the place doesn't get clogged up with planning threads up the wazoo.
Advertisement
Banned
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 10:45 PM
All EP neighbourhood:

Requires Gunmod's camera mod due to VERY steep neighbourhood terrain. Other CC is allowed but keep it to a minimum and watch for conflicts.
Rules for legacies will be the same as Illusion Bay: no romances within founder generation, townies only: only intermarry playables under legacy agreement.
Build whatever lots you like.
Each player plays for a full seasonal cycle. However, since this is an alpine village, summer and autumn have been replaced with winter, leaving the year 75% snowy and 25% spring for the romance boost.
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 1:55 AM
I have Gunmod's camera mod. Can't live without it.
When you say "Other CC is allowed" do we pass it on with the neighborhood?
I'm looking forwards to it! Although you don't have to put me first on the cycle since I'm already first in Illusion Bay.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 11:34 PM
The AGS game config has it's own separate CC folder which you can put CC in to be used only in that game. When you pack up the neighbourhood, you can just slip the /AnyGame#/EA Games/Sims 2/Downloads folder into the archive before uploading.
Scholar
#5 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 12:13 AM
Kay, I'll keep the CC to a minimum. Batbox, Macrotastics, and critical fixes!
What is the neighborhood called? Any PM's if people want to join?

tumblr
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 1:45 AM
I'm trying to sort out AGS on my laptop, it's gone a bit weird. I can still play my anygames but can't edit them..... If I get that sorted I'll definitely join (if you'll have me!) :-D

When you say all EP's, do you also intend to include Stuff Packs or just the actual expansions??
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 2:05 AM
Stuff Packs are boring.

What do you mean that you "can't edit them" you mean like put Downloads in or access pictures?

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 8:06 AM
Kaila: Details of the neighbourhood will be revealed once it's ready. If anyone wants to join this one they can join the group and post here.

Laura: All EPs just means all EPs, no SPs. If you're having trouble editing the neighbourhood in SimPE, you're not alone. I think the cause is the fact that SimPE is designed only to edit the main game and not any special configurations like AGS. I have an idea for a fix, I'll let you know if it works.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 11:39 PM
No, I mean that I can't change the EPs and SPs that are used for each AnyGame like you should be able to. Which unfortunately means that, unless I get it working somehow, I won't be able to join in with this one, as I already have 3 anygames set up and none of them are all EPs no SPs...... I do have an all EPs all SPs one (as well as one for Illusion Bay and one for my basegame only multiplayer game), hence why I asked. Shame, but never mind, I look forward to seeing what you guys get up to!! :-)
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 3:25 AM
Have you tried uninstalling one of the AnyGames and reinstalling it?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:01 AM
No, not yet. I'm a bit wary of trying to fix it in case I make it worse! At least at the moment I can play the two multiplayer games that have already started. And I have my Build A City challenge neighbourhood on an anygame, too, I really don't want to lose that!

I shall see if I can get it working over the weekend.....
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 6:45 PM
Just transfer your BACC to your main game config, delete the anygame it's on, then start the anygame anew with all EPs and no SPs. Easy.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 12:26 AM
My main game doesn't work :-( Also, the Downloads folder has "properties that can't be copied" so I'm having issues saving my Anygame 2 (the one with all the important stuff in).

If I manage to get it sorted I'll let you know, it would be fun to join! :-D
Banned
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 4:13 AM
There's also going to be a special little surprise for this round that I've been cooking up in SimPE. You're going to love it.
Banned
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 2:26 AM
Almost got the neighbourhood ready, just need to play my round. I built a university and the three standard vacation spots. I'll make a Downtown as well, but not a Business District - I'll leave that up to other players.
Banned
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 4:47 AM
IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT:

You may notice that the game thread titles have been appended to indicate that they are Sims 2 games. The reason for this is because very soon this group will be hosting a trial Sims 3 multiplayer game, to see how much of that is actually possible.

I don't know if there's a Sims 3 equivalent of AGS, or if such an equivalent will even be necessary, but the bugs will be worked out as issues arise.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 5:01 AM
There is a Sims 3 one, here.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=406814

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Banned
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 4:19 AM
Ah, excellent! That should make it a lot easier.
Instructor
#19 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 2:10 AM
As of today, I got everything ready for a TS3 multiplayer test game. I posted about it in TS3 community section of the forums, asking if anybody was interested in trying a test run-through of the game, to see if doing it with TS3 will work out the same as it does with TS2, to discuss bugs they encounter in the town etc. I'm using an emptied out Sunset Valley for right now, and will continue working on the hood I was working on before, if all goes well with the test game.

I just hope there are people willing to join. -.-
Banned
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 5:26 PM
Great! I'll check in on that thread. Ill also start a progress thread here in the group so players can post stories (just like the Sims 2 hoods) once things get rolling.
Instructor
#21 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 2:41 AM
I now have three players on board with a test run. I had each one of them PM me, and I'm making sure each one of them knows the rules for this. I also instructed them to give me as much feedback as possible, so we know how to properly go about this. Hopefully we can finish a solid test run within the next week or two!

How is CAW working out for you, perihelion? I'm excited to see what you come up with!
Banned
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 4:28 PM
I've laid down the basic infrastructure and even built a house, but I'm still working out how to place rabbit holes.
Instructor
#23 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 5:01 PM
They're in the 'Build' section. They'll only show up if you're editing a community lot, I believe.
Banned
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 5:16 PM
Thanks.
Instructor
#25 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 7:16 PM
The last player is on her turn for the multiplayer test-run. I have a bunch of feedback regarding how we will need to handle a proper game - some hacks may be necessary for story progression etc. Once you finish the neighborhood, perihelion, I will send you a list of hacks I think should be implemented and you can check them out.

Page 1 of 2