5 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#27776 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
Darn it! I tested my question, and no, OFB properties like resturaunt menus and things set for sale do not persist when returned to the community lot pool... Someone needs to mod this in if it hasn't already been... I personally can't have every store I want to have such properties require unique employees. I'll run out of sims.

I would love a mod that added the OFB tools to community lots! Right now I have a townie who owns a whole bunch of community lots so that I can have things like functional museum gift shops and supermarkets that sell deco food, but it meant spawning a whole bunch of new townies who I could then never interact with because I didn't know where they worked and I didn't want to mess up any businesses anywere by having my playable sims fall in love with them. For a while I just used the Visitor Controller to ban all my townies, but I missed seeing all the regular ones. Eventually, MidgeTheTree walked me through adding Business Employees to it so I could ban them by career, and then I had the smart idea to rename them all Business Employee so I could easily identify them and remove them from relationship panels.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27777 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 1:17 AM
Just to confirm- the fire jet decorative item won't catch things on fire if it's enclosed by fencing, even the really low AL border edging fencing, correct? I've left it running in that configuration for a long time without a fire breaking out, but I want to make sure this lines up with others' understanding as well!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#27778 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 3:39 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 8th Aug 2021 at 4:27 AM.
Does anyone know a setting to modify the size of the terrain paint tool? The smallest one is always too small for what I want, if it were halfway between that size and the middle one, it would be much more useful for me.

Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
The VV and ST townies I'm adding individually when my townies get moved in or adopted. Kaiya over on Tumblr has extracted them and placed them for download so I can grab them whenever I like. I hope I made more sense now?

You made perfect sense, I just wasn't sure what your end goal was. Sounds like you are happy doing them as individuals. If you wanted to move them all without extracting them and with all their relationships and memories intact (if they have any), you could do it with the renaming/subhood trick I described in my Verona post. For Verona, I put the townies in a cleaned MEETMe version.
Forum Resident
#27779 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 5:13 PM
How do sims in committed relationships handle being flirted with by not their SO?

I've never really tried stuff like that because it felt wrong, but what would happen if like, Don started flirting with Jennifer Burb? Would she just accept like any other single townie? Or would the acceptance be like, higher? What if I had Brandi marry and then he started to flirt with her, would she just not accept at all because she was a family sim?
Alchemist
#27780 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 5:30 PM
I've had a mod that alters this for years, but the way I remember it, they're usually receptive if the relationship's high enough. I use Pescado's romance mod though, which makes Sims loyal to their spouses.
Top Secret Researcher
#27781 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 4:50 AM
@parrot999 Thank you so much for the awesome summary post! I went hunting for the restored clouds and sky and omg what a difference @_@ It was also really exciting to hear about the debug files and a community made ts2 fix... Engine thing haha. That's pretty awesome. I love the ts2 community and how it's still going strong!

Question: I'm starting my Downloads folder over and still working on finding bug-fixes / mods. Does anyone know if Pescado's Free Time Minifixes mod is something that should be downloaded (as in, are there alternate mods or have the stuff included in the mod been patched via Apartment Life or something?).

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
#27782 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 11:41 AM
Quick question. I'm repairing the family trees of some of my alien Sims - their multi-PT parents didn't show up for some reason. But I also need to fix the tree for Pascal's alien pregnancy, where the father was still the EAxis Pollination Tech. Do I add Pollination Technician (NPC) or is there another one I should be using? I don't know if there's like, a PT clone used for family trees like how when you ask Bigfoot to move in, it's not the actual Bigfoot NPC.
Mad Poster
#27783 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Quick question. I'm repairing the family trees of some of my alien Sims - their multi-PT parents didn't show up for some reason. But I also need to fix the tree for Pascal's alien pregnancy, where the father was still the EAxis Pollination Tech. Do I add Pollination Technician (NPC) or is there another one I should be using? I don't know if there's like, a PT clone used for family trees like how when you ask Bigfoot to move in, it's not the actual Bigfoot NPC.

==
Sounds like you have not kept the PT INFO in you Downloads; if you have more than one default, or you just want to remove the default, you only remove the PACKAGE; there is lots of other stuff that you leave in your downloads (because it causes them not to show up in your family tree).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#27784 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 5:13 PM
Does the ancient soakalicious spring benefit hygiene at all?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#27785 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 6:31 PM
I imagine I took them out during one of my many many 50/50 glitchy CC hunts at some point and then put them back, but I have no idea when, just that it was some time between 2012 and now. I can't even be sure that was even the problem, because usually when I do that I make a backup first and restore it when I'm done for this exact reason. But even if I forgot to do that, when I relinked Vidcund's multi-PT babydaddy in the pregnancy token, they still didn't appear in the family tree even though the baby was born during that playsession, it was very definitely fathered by one of my multi-PTs (confirmed with a pregnancy scan and was born with their PTs custom alien skin), and I know I didn't take the mod out between pregnancy and birth.

Either way, the end result is that none of my PTs were showing on the family tree, I've fixed the ones that were fathered by multi-PTs but I want to be sure I've got the right EAxis PT before I go ahead and make it the father of Pascal's baby.
Scholar
#27786 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 7:26 AM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 10th Aug 2021 at 7:16 PM.
Solved, thanks.

" Inama Nushif "
Theorist
#27787 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 8:40 AM Last edited by topp : 10th Aug 2021 at 8:59 AM.
Maybe you also have clothing hiders CC in your Downloads folder - try looking for those. If you don't see them, try launching the game with an empty Downloads folder.

My question - does Chris Hatch's Comm Lot Time mod display blank notifications, or is it a locale thing? I think my game's in US English. When I load my home lot, I just get the yellow notification with the object slot being the pedestrian sign, but no text at all. I vaguely remember the previous version having said at least something in the message, for example the countdown to the Sim's appearance.
Scholar
#27788 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 9:00 AM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 10th Aug 2021 at 7:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Maybe you also have clothing hiders CC in your Downloads folder - try looking for those. If you don't see them, try launching the game with an empty Downloads folder.

Solved.
They are new clothes.
I just thought there was an un-tattered version.
Sorry about that.
Thanks for the help.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#27789 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 9:22 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Aug 2021 at 2:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
I went into the Downloads folder and removed all of the Castaway tattered clothing, and as far as I know I did not remove them from CAS or Bodyshop.
In the new Sims 2 folder , when I went to make a few playables, the entire casual clothes are gone, so the clothes go straight from the soccer workout clothes to the Hawaiian outfits.

Which Hawaiian outfits? There's two sets of them, one set for BV (plus some mountain outfits, etc.) and one for FFS (the more family-matching one). Chances are you have the BV clothes but haven't looked close enough, since there's some similar clothes in other packs and it could be easy to think the BV clothes might belong elsewhere.

The FFS clothes are much further back (it was the first stuff pack, so after NL or some such?).

AM variants of the outfits:

FFS:
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/129396.html
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/132353.html

BV:
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/132217.html
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/116483.html
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/139946.html
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/108788.html

I'm not sure why -- when I don't have anything in the downloads folder for the new sims 2 folder, why the casual clothes aren't even showing up ?
All the clothes that aren't showing are from the Castaway tattered downloads.
The other clothes seem to be showing fine.

Not sure what you mean, but by default the tattered clothes should only show in Castaway, not in TS2.
Sounds like it's normal that they're not showing up if your Downloads folder is empty.

If you don't have anything in your Downloads folder (or SavedSims folder, or in any of the Bins folders or other places in the ProgramFiles location - usually reserved for defaults if you don't want a custom star) then you shouldn't have anything custom showing up if these locations are empty of downloads, and the EAxis items should be reset to default.

Maybe show a picture of the area where you think something is missing?
Theorist
#27790 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 9:38 AM Last edited by topp : 10th Aug 2021 at 9:51 AM.
By clothing hiders, I mean CC (mod) that hides EA clothing. It's useful if you're playing themed hoods and don't want stock clothing showing up. (Though, I see now that you aren't using those.) An example of a clothing hider:
d/146185

I'm not sure why -- when I don't have anything in the downloads folder for the new sims 2 folder, why the casual clothes aren't even showing up ?

All the clothes that aren't showing are from the Castaway tattered downloads.
The other clothes seem to be showing fine.
(...)
Then I tried to generate a new folder and didn't transfer any CC from the original folder, but the clothes from BV still aren't showing.

The underlined parts are not clear to me. Can you take a picture in CAS, showing your clothing catalog? Because I may be thinking of something completely different from what you're describing. BV doesn't come with tattered casual outfits, so those not appearing is expected behavior. Are you saying you only see the Bon Voyage Twikkii, Three Lakes and Takemizu outfits, and not the tourist/stock BV everyday clothes?
Test Subject
#27791 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 1:37 PM
My question - does Chris Hatch's Comm Lot Time mod display blank notifications, or is it a locale thing? I think my game's in US English. When I load my home lot, I just get the yellow notification with the object slot being the pedestrian sign, but no text at all. I vaguely remember the previous version having said at least something in the message, for example the countdown to the Sim's appearance.

It should tell you how long it is until the Sim gets home, but if you have another mod that shows notifications then it can stop working. For example, I have a mod which adds a charge for using a car or taxi and notifies you about the cost. If this mod loads before Comm Lot Time, then the notification is blank for this, but works for Comm Lot Time. If Comm Lot Time loads first, then the opposite happens, and I'm told how much a journey will cost but not how long it will take for a Sim to return when I get back to the home lot.

So, possibly a mod conflict?
Scholar
#27792 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 3:51 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 10th Aug 2021 at 7:17 PM.
This is what I DL'd.
Except the pajamas, underwear, and the sundress.

The clothes normally show in-game as non-tattered.

gardenofshadows.org.uk/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=23302.msg585629#msg585629

https://s22cdb.livejournal.com/38771.html

Solved !
They ARE new clothes.

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#27793 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 3:55 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 10th Aug 2021 at 7:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Which Hawaiian outfits? There's two sets of them, one set for BV (plus some mountain outfits, etc.) and one for FFS (the more family-matching one). Chances are you have the BV clothes but haven't looked close enough, since there's some similar clothes in other packs and it could be easy to think the BV clothes might belong elsewhere.

The FFS clothes are much further back (it was the first stuff pack, so after NL or some such?).

AM variants of the outfits:

FFS:
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/129396.html
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/132353.html

BV:
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/132217.html
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/116483.html
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/139946.html
https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/108788.html

Not sure what you mean, but by default the tattered clothes should only show in Castaway, not in TS2.
Sounds like it's normal that they're not showing up if your Downloads folder is empty.

If you don't have anything in your Downloads folder (or SavedSims folder, or in any of the Bins folders or other places in the ProgramFiles location - usually reserved for defaults if you don't want a custom star) then you shouldn't have anything custom showing up if these locations are empty of downloads, and the EAxis items should be reset to default.

Maybe show a picture of the area where you think something is missing?

SOLVED.
Thanks.

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#27794 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 4:04 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 10th Aug 2021 at 7:57 PM.
By clothing hiders, I mean CC (mod) that hides EA clothing. It's useful if you're playing themed hoods and don't want stock clothing showing up. (Though, I see now that you aren't using those.) An example of a clothing hider:
d/146185

The underlined parts are not clear to me. Can you take a picture in CAS, showing your clothing catalog? Because I may be thinking of something completely different from what you're describing. BV doesn't come with tattered casual outfits, so those not appearing is expected behavior. Are you saying you only see the Bon Voyage Twikkii, Three Lakes and Takemizu outfits, and not the tourist/stock BV everyday clothes?

The Castaway conversions show in game as not * , and appear as binned clothes that come with the game.
THIS is where I became confused as I thought the outfits from the link I provided in group 1 came with the game as un-tattered.
They do not.

When I DL'd the Castaway outfits, they showed up between the soccer/fitness outfits and the Hawaiian clothes.
Without the Castaway outfits those two clothing options go from one to the other.

They are a new download.
The creator was specific about no * showing and I just thought the clothes were missing in the new Sims 2 folder in my Doc.

Solved, they ARE new clothing and no there's not an "un-tattered" version.
Was not thinking it was new.
Sorry.
Thanks for the comments and advice !

" Inama Nushif "
Instructor
#27795 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 5:26 PM
Has anyone tried the separates patch? I am pretty sure that it broke my game as I had to repair the game on origin because it kept showing an invalid license error and not starting. I have sent the creator an ask and am awaiting response but was curious if it's been a success for anyone else?
Mad Poster
#27796 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 6:27 PM
^ As with anything when you mess around with the install files, make sure to have a backup of the files you intend to modify at hand so you avoid having to install the game just to reset those files. Also make sure you read the notes carefully, as you can't use the default Origin EXE with that mod.
Instructor
#27797 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Has anyone tried the separates patch? I am pretty sure that it broke my game as I had to repair the game on origin because it kept showing an invalid license error and not starting. I have sent the creator an ask and am awaiting response but was curious if it's been a success for anyone else?

There's someone on Tumblr who applied the patch to their game. They had trouble at first but fixed it after some messing about. Here's their Tumblr: https://aondaneedles.tumblr.com/tag...t-patching-mess

It seems too complicated for me, personally. I can see myself really screwing up the game to the point of no return .

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Theorist
#27798 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 7:26 PM
The tattered clothing effect is an effect only and the clothes appear normal and untattered, when not using the mod.

Are you sure that the tattered clothes are a default replacement? There's a difference between custom clothes (marked with a * star), binned clothes (those appear without the star - usually with an expansion pack icon - and are wearable by townies), and default replacements (with the package in your Downloads folder, the clothing item looks different in-game, both in catalog and on existing Sims).

What EA did when making Castaway Stories is they took a bunch of outfits - from the base game all the way up to Seasons EP - and then made those look tattered. Then, what CC creators did was they extracted all those clothes and binned them (made them wearable by townies and added the Bon Voyage icon to it).

For example, take a look at "ambodycastawayoverhangtshirt" from the link to Garden of Shadows you posted. The original outfit is worn by Nervous Subject from Strangetown. Therefore, the non-tattered outfit is from the base game.

You wouldn't be looking for that outfit between soccer jerseys (Free Time) and the Hawaiian skirts (Bon Voyage) -- you should be looking for that outfit somewhere by the end of the catalog, where the base game clothes are.

Also, @Tleilaxu3 here's a protip: don't delete/edit out your original posts to "solved, thanks" after they've been answered or figured out. Someone else in the future may be having the same issue as you did and your post would have helped them identify their problem. Besides, it makes the solution posts pointless too, as no one really knows anymore what those refer to.
Scholar
#27799 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 7:51 PM
Topp, in the site I linked, it said that the clothes will appear without the * in the bin.
And not to delete them in CAS or the Bodyshop.
Which I didn't do.
The only deleting was from the Downloads folder in my Doc.

I went to my laptop and loaded and older game and checked in the CAS and the outfits from group 1 Castaway mod is not there, either.
So basically like a new outfit ?

The group 1 of the downloads did not include the clothing worn by Nervous.

I think the top and bottom might be a combo of separates and are repackaged and uploaded to appear as a new outfit ?
I can go back and change my post, I thought that if the issue was solved we should edit the comment.

" Inama Nushif "
Theorist
#27800 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 7:57 PM
Yes, if I remember correctly, the Castaway clothes are new outfits. They just simply don't have the * star, but the Bon Voyage icon instead of the star. Modding magic.

The * star clothes can't be worn by townies, while the EP icon clothes can, so it helps that the clothes are binned if you're making a themed world and want game-created Sims to wear dirty clothes.
Page 1112 of 1339