Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:53 PM
Default Scripting New Project Template
I've written a new project template for scripting. It works for any editor (Not just PyCharm). Link Here. It uses python to automate most of the compiling, decompiling, and even has ability to automate debugging with a real debugger but the debugging functionality is only available in PyCharm Pro unfortunately.

I understand andrew wrote a similar tutorial that's really great and many people are using, including myself for a long while, but it uses some old tooling and an odd workflow where you place all of your projects into one project when normally each project is separate.

I wanted to create an editor agnostic project template that was inspired from andrew's tutorial but is a modern project on Github so it can have collaboration and a place to track issues and that receives updates with fixes or new features and capabilities like the debug update I made recently.

I've written 2 tutorials on how to use it as well, the getting started walkthrough and the debugging walkthrough

I hope you like it, this isn't just for beginners, I think it's a great starter project for any mod.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 2:21 PM Last edited by jessienebulous : 29th Oct 2020 at 4:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by junebug12851
I've written a new project template for scripting. It works for any editor (Not just PyCharm). Link Here. It uses python to automate most of the compiling, decompiling, and even has ability to automate debugging with a real debugger but the debugging functionality is only available in PyCharm Pro unfortunately.

I understand andrew wrote a similar tutorial that's really great and many people are using, including myself for a long while, but it uses some old tooling and an odd workflow where you place all of your projects into one project when normally each project is separate.

I wanted to create an editor agnostic project template that was inspired from andrew's tutorial but is a modern project on Github so it can have collaboration and a place to track issues and that receives updates with fixes or new features and capabilities like the debug update I made recently.

I've written 2 tutorials on how to use it as well, the getting started walkthrough and the debugging walkthrough

I hope you like it, this isn't just for beginners, I think it's a great starter project for any mod.

Hey there! Total noob here. I was wondering if maybe you could help me. I've downloaded Python and it's installed (I can open a new python file, and also it successfully exports via the Zerbu Mod Constructor) but when I try to open any of the .py files in the Hello World folder, it opens for a split second then immediately closes. I thought maybe I had the wrong version of Python, but it's 3.7.9 as instructed. So I don't know what else it might be. I'm sorry if it's something glaringly obvious, but like I said, total noob here! Any help would be appreciated

EDIT- Okay, I think I've figured it out on my own. I'm still completely lost as to what to do next, but I at least finished the tutorial and everything seems set up correctly for me to actually accomplish something eventually. Thanks for the tutorial to help me get set up!