Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 12:21 PM
Default Help with body presets
Hello! I have what I assume to be a somewhat dumb question, but nobody has been able to help me with it and they all said I should ask over here. I'd also like to say that I am a total beginner when it comes to TS4 CC and the only CC-related experience I have is converting TS4 CC hair to TS3 (for personal use). So to make it short, I have a few body presets for female feminine-framed sims and I wanted to try to enable them for all feminine-framed sims, ie even male feminine-framed sims (I realise how it sounds but you'll have to trust me that it wasn't for any weird reasons, I have a good explanation. And also it was for personal use, don't worry). I assumed that there'd be no problem because I also assumed that when you select the frame of the opposite sex, the game simply switches the bodies +/- breasts, I am uncertain if that's really how it works or not.

What happened was that some of those body presets do work, but some don't. At first, I wasn't that interested in figuring out why that is as specifically all presets by one specific creator didn't work and I chalked it up to how they make their CC, but then I also did it with a set of body presets in a merged package and all of them but one work, which I found odd. What the ones that "don't work" do is that they distort the sim in a way that essentially makes them just a mass of spikes with some visible vague features like hands that look freakishly long.

I don't really need the ones that don't work and I don't expect to find a way to make them work, I'd just appreciate if someone could tell me why this is happening for future reference because for some reason I feel like the core of this problem is something simple that everyone except for me is on lol. I can of course provide screenshots if needed, but I am unsure if they are needed in this case.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by firebird71
Hello! I have what I assume to be a somewhat dumb question, but nobody has been able to help me with it and they all said I should ask over here. I'd also like to say that I am a total beginner when it comes to TS4 CC and the only CC-related experience I have is converting TS4 CC hair to TS3 (for personal use). So to make it short, I have a few body presets for female feminine-framed sims and I wanted to try to enable them for all feminine-framed sims, ie even male feminine-framed sims (I realise how it sounds but you'll have to trust me that it wasn't for any weird reasons, I have a good explanation. And also it was for personal use, don't worry). I assumed that there'd be no problem because I also assumed that when you select the frame of the opposite sex, the game simply switches the bodies +/- breasts, I am uncertain if that's really how it works or not.

What happened was that some of those body presets do work, but some don't. At first, I wasn't that interested in figuring out why that is as specifically all presets by one specific creator didn't work and I chalked it up to how they make their CC, but then I also did it with a set of body presets in a merged package and all of them but one work, which I found odd. What the ones that "don't work" do is that they distort the sim in a way that essentially makes them just a mass of spikes with some visible vague features like hands that look freakishly long.

I don't really need the ones that don't work and I don't expect to find a way to make them work, I'd just appreciate if someone could tell me why this is happening for future reference because for some reason I feel like the core of this problem is something simple that everyone except for me is on lol. I can of course provide screenshots if needed, but I am unsure if they are needed in this case.

What the frames do is apply a morph to the sim to make it appear like the opposite sex. For example, a male in female frame has the male mesh with a male-to-female morph applied. At least in theory they can be combined with other morphs - they might look odd but you shouldn't see major distortion like you describe, which sounds a lot like something wrong with bone assignments.

I'd have to see the preset packages to try to figure out what's causing it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 3:40 PM
Conflicting Body Presets Causing Distortions
Quote: Originally posted by firebird71

Hello there. That has happened to me before. Whenever you make a body preset in Blender, make sure you never use the same Blender file (.blend) from one body preset to create a new body preset or else they will conflict. I'm pretty sure this is what is causing your body presets to turn out distorted as you described. If you'd like to use the shape of a previously created body preset, start with a new .blend (Blender file), and import the wavefront ( .obj ) file from the other body preset into the new Blender file. Whenever I create a body preset, I always save the .blend file and also export the .wav file for posssible use in future body presets. That way it will be a new mod with the exact shape of the other and won't conflict with the other body preset. So, try recreating the body presets that didn't work using a new empty .blend file and import the wavefront .obj file from the ones that came out bad and they should come out fine without conflicting with any others. I hopes this helps!