Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 6:41 PM Last edited by Theking13 : 16th Apr 2021 at 8:24 AM.
Default [Solved] Sim textures turn black.
I've noticed 2 issues I have. One is the sims texture turn black when using some of the new skin tone colours. I tried using tray importer to find the any skin mods the character might be using I didn't see any.

Edit: Fixed missing eye colours.
I have any issue of male sims have no eye colour options. Not sure what causing it since female eye's have eye colours options.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 7:21 PM
Are you using mods and CC? Did you try removing all mods and CC and starting a new game? Are you running in HQ? This looks similar to what it looks like in HQ when the textures aren't the right size.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Are you using mods and CC? Did you try removing all mods and CC and starting a new game? Are you running in HQ? This looks similar to what it looks like in HQ when the textures aren't the right size.

It's fine on a unmodded game (must be mod issue) and I don't have HQ.
The problem is I don't how to find out which mod is causing the issue. since part on my mods folder is unorganised.

In tray import is say it's using the base skintone from the game.

I managed to fix the eye problem by cleaning up some mods,
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 9:17 PM
You can use the 50-50 method: put half your mods in the game - if it works remove that half and try the other, if it doesn't work remove half of them. Repeat, removing half of the mods/CC at a time until you narrow it down to the problem package(s).

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You can use the 50-50 method: put half your mods in the game - if it works remove that half and try the other, if it doesn't work remove half of them. Repeat, removing half of the mods/CC at a time until you narrow it down to the problem package(s).

I don't why I didn't try the 50-50 method but it was quite fun problem solving halving the files, and I managed to fix the issue. It was caused by mod that needed to be updated because of the new skin palette update.
So the eyes colours now work for males and I can select all the skintones now.

Thanks for the suggestions.