Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 7:01 PM
Default How To Convert Non-Default Eyes to Facepaint?
Hello dear forum users. I want to convert my created eyes to facepaint. I know there was a question on the forum about converting from Facepaint to Non-default, but I need to do the opposite. Thank you all in advance!

Proud to OUR CAPTAIN, JORDAN HENDERSON!
YNWA
We're Liverpool And This Means More
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 8:45 PM
To convert from non-default eyecolor to facepaint:

- Change the Part Type / Outfit Type to Face Paint.
- Change the Item ID / Prototype ID to a random hex number for all CASPs. Use the same number for all CASPs in the package. CAS Tools will apply the change to all the CASPs for you; in S4S you'll have to change each one in the Warehouse.
- Change the Sort Layer to 9000. Again, CAS Tools will apply the change to all swatches but in S4S you'll have to edit each CASP.
- Optionally, add Age Appropriate flags to the CASPs for male and female. (And make sure there are flags enabling all ages too.) In CAS Tools, in the General CAS Part Properties tab, add a Gender Appropriate flag twice, once for male and once for female. The change will be applied to all swatches. In S4S, check Feminine and Masculine under Fashion Choice and apply to all swatches. Without this step you'll have to remove the masculine or feminine filter in CAS in order to see the facepaint eyes.

That should do it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 11:34 AM
You can also just make a new package cloning a face paint item, and import your .png or .dds files, whichever it is you're using. I've done this a few times for eyes as face paint and it works beautifully. Feel free to check out the different packages on this upload of mine
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 12:22 AM
Yes, making a new clone and importing the textures will certainly work. However, in CAS Tools converting an entire set of eye colors takes a couple of minutes using the method above. In S4S it would take about the same time as importing textures probably since you have to edit each CASP.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4