Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2022 at 11:35 AM
Default Altering Modify Neighborhood Terain Cheat and Terrain visible in ocean without graphic card
I want to create a beach for my neighborhood, But the games just won't let me. I know this is a problem with the terrain. And I just wish there was a mod that alters ModifyNeighborhoodTerrain cheat as the cheat is just pure annoyance.
also, does the ocean affect the beach lot to make it placeable? if so.
I'm looking for a mod that makes terrain under the ocean but visible while still distinguishable between the ocean and actual land (Without altering the graphic that requires a graphic card, Idc if is very choppy, I just need to make ocean terrain visible (and distinguishable)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 16th May 2022 at 3:09 PM
The beach placement is finicky, yes. If your neighborhood renders in simple mode (bucket fill blue water), you'll have a hard time making the proper shore.

One thing I'm imagining giving you a hard time is that when placing the lot, even though it looks like it could fit, it shows up red and won't let you place it down. There could be several reasons to it. You may have the water too close to the road – the beach part of the lot is fixed in size for every lot. Also, depending on what you're seeing in hood view so this info may not be useful, but the game typically doesn't allow you to place beach lots down when there's a steep fall between the land and the ocean (think a flooded fjord).

If all else fails, you can try placing a regular lot down and loading it. Save and exit the game, and then run Mootilda's LotAdjuster to move the lot neighborhood tile by neighborhood tile towards the ocean. When it's at its desired location (this can be quite a tedious process, depending on the starting location of the lot), tick the Beach lot under advanced in LAand run the game. The lot is expected to look hideous, but it's nothing a bit of terrain manipulation couldn't fix. The only potential problem after that is if the lot's too deep/too shallow, then you may have issues trying to align the actual beach (interactive area/ocean landing) to the visual beach (waterline).
Scholar
#3 Old 16th May 2022 at 8:24 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 17th May 2022 at 2:43 AM.
Interesting posts, Andytampan !
Hope you can get it solved.
Beach lots amaze me and sometimes puzzle with their arbitrary ways.

I also found out that even when I place the beach lot on an ocean or large lake like the ones in the neighborhood terrain called "Ridge Cove" (here at MTS) , that comes with the game, then delete it -- I still cannot place lots like "The Cove" (also here at MTS) in the same location after deleting the previous in-game beach lot.

Even though I figured placing the in-game beach lot 'set' the beach lot placement/ beach terrain correctly.

" Inama Nushif "
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2022 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Interesting posts, Andytampan !
Hope you can get it solved.
Beach lots amaze me and sometimes puzzle with their arbitrary ways.

I also found out that even when I place the beach lot on an ocean or large lake like the ones in the neighborhood terrain called "Ridge Cove" (here at MTS) , that comes with the game, then delete it -- I still cannot place lots like "The Cove" (also here at MTS) in the same location after deleting the previous in-game beach lot.

Even though I figured placing the in-game beach lot 'set' the beach lot placement/ beach terrain correctly.

I know I'm stupid for replying on my old post, but it works, Also, It happen to me. I think is because the edge of the lot is changed.