Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 6:32 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 16th May 2022 at 9:51 AM.
Default Blue Eyed Bug Fix - Mod available for download in 2nd post
I had an idea for the blue eyed bug. Unfortunately, it's hard to test.
I used a fresh kingdom. I've completed the basic starter quest, been in and out of cas (both via the wardrobe and edit in cas), slept in a bed and in a tent, had a bath, gone in to the forest, up to the village, had a sword fight, saved multiple times, shut down and restarted and his eyes have been fine but is it still bugged or not I don't know.
I had one issue on the crafthole lady but her eyes didn't bug just the games basic eye color presets became unselectable in edit in cas. I could still select from ones I'd previously saved and customise more colors.
I removed the mod, reloaded the game and every single sim had the bugged eyes on load, does that mean the mod was working, I have no idea, it could just be coincidence.

I remade the mod, fixed my sims eyes via edit in cas, and then something interesting happened. I changed through his clothing by self selecting and changing clothes (not at a dresser) his armor makes his eyes bugged, but when I change him back in to normal clothing his eyes are perfectly fine. In his sleepwear his eyes are fine. 100% of the time his eyes are bugged in the armor and not bugged when I switch back to his clothing. So I think it's working.
It's better than previously I guess where once they were bugged they were just dark blue no matter what. I've never seen the eyes switch back to normal once they're bugged though so I'm fairly sure the mod is doing something? Does anybody want to help test it? I'm still not entirely convinced it isn't just coincidence.

Here's what I mean
His main outfit, his eyes are fine

changed into his armour (bugged eyes)

changed into a secondary outfit and his eyes are fine again

*EDIT* hmm, so if you select the armour in inventory and choose the "change into" option the eyes are fine. Once that's done changing from self select also makes the eyes not bug.
In kingdoms saved prior to the mod, the armour needs to be unequipped, re-equipped and selected to put on from inventory one time to get it to stop bugging the eyes.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 9:43 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 30th Mar 2022 at 9:30 AM.
I have no real time to test this, so if anyone wants to give it a shot I'm uploading as it was on my last test.

Old kingdoms will remain bugged on load because your save file thinks dark blue is what you selected for the eyes.
You can still edit in CAS and change them to what they should be and changes should stay.

To test:

Make a fresh kingdom or edit bugged sims in existing kingdoms. Either test is helpful.

If the sims armour makes the eyes dark blue try selecting to put it on from inventory.
If that doesn't work try unequipping and re-equipping it and then selecting from inventory.
If that doesn't work try changing back in to a normal outfit to see if the eyes are ok (to confirm that it's just the armour and not the full blown bug)

I have a theory that I haven't been able to try out that eye colors selected from the games own presets may bug. (Any you've saved in to the preset section yourself should be ok.) If anyone wants to test a sim with one of the games presets that would be really helpful.

If your sims eyes do turn dark blue and you can't get them to change back without having to edit in cas, could you please post here and say what your sim was doing when it happened, or if it happened on load etc. Also if you could say if you used a fresh kingdom or an existing one would be helpful.

I deliberately made all my sims eyes really pale so I could see easily from a distance and in shadows if they had bugged or not. It's not necessary though, it just makes it easier to test.

I deliberately ran through actions over and over that have caused the bug for me before, but you don't have to do that, just play your game as normal.

You don't have to test this by itself, you can keep any mods you have installed running.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BlueEyedBugFixTest280322.zip (1.4 KB, 1323 downloads)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 9:35 AM
I uploaded the file a couple of minutes before MTS went down for maintenance. So the file didn't upload properly. I assumed when MTS came back up and the file was there that it was ok. Thank you to Snowder for letting me know that it wasn't downloadable. I've re-uploaded the file and it should be downloadable now. Sorry about that.
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 2:38 AM Last edited by Snowder : 31st Mar 2022 at 2:43 AM. Reason: Typos + clarification
I've been trying to play "normally" (either by doing quests, by saving and loading again and again, by doing edit in cas etc etc) and so far it seems to be working! Tried as well on a fresh kingdom.
I tried with either custom and original preset colors.
The alternate outfits (such as the armors) still keep the old eyes color, but that's because the eyes color are saved for those outfits. Deleting/Editing them apply the new color.

I will keep testing to see if it keep working as it should.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2022 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snowder
I've been trying to play "normally" (either by doing quests, by saving and loading again and again, by doing edit in cas etc etc) and so far it seems to be working! Tried as well on a fresh kingdom.
I tried with either custom and original preset colors.
The alternate outfits (such as the armors) still keep the old eyes color, but that's because the eyes color are saved for those outfits. Deleting/Editing them apply the new color.

I will keep testing to see if it keep working as it should.

Thank you for testing it. It's much appreciated.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th May 2022 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Thank you for testing it. It's much appreciated.

No problem. I still have your mod installed in my game, it's working great, either on old or new saves. I had the chance to do more "brutal" tests since then (doing multiple edit in cas, reset, killing and ressurecting Sims...), and it's still working fine. Good job!
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2022 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snowder
No problem. I still have your mod installed in my game, it's working great, either on old or new saves. I had the chance to do more "brutal" tests since then (doing multiple edit in cas, reset, killing and ressurecting Sims...), and it's still working fine. Good job!

Oh wow, I'm actually surprised this wasn't just a huge coincidence, thank you so much for your update on it.