Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleCheshire
I don't mind you asking me about my job at all, however being able to answer you is a bit tricky, since I don't really have one specific job.

Thanks for sharing. You're really qualified to talk about pet behavior mods!

That said, incredibly interested in your model for fighting and injuries! Especially the possibility of death feature, as morbid as that sounds. I understand why EAxis refused to implement other ways for pets to die other than old age and meteor, as more gruesome animal death such as death by fire or drowning can be extremely upsetting, but I do think your feature model where pets can die from injuries would give players an incentive to actually manage and watch their pets.

Yeah, I do feel some risk is part of what makes playing Sims interesting, even though I manage risk pretty carefully in my game. My sims almost never die accidentally. But, the thing is, I have to work for that!

I do plan to make death configurable though. Some folks who have tested for me were pretty distressed at the idea of dying pets. As an alternative for those who don't want pets to die, I plan to try out a 12-hour unconscious "Recuperating" moodlet so that there is still a penalty for letting wounds or illness get out of control.

I'm also wondering that due to the existence of default replacement hairs, makeup, brows, etc, for human sims if it's possible to create default replacement breeds for the pets in-game.

OK, so I don't really understand this yet, but pet breeds are an "outfit," which is some kind of genetics template in this case? My impression is that you can make an "outfit" out of any sim's genetics, so there's a path to replacing the default definition of a breed with something better created by the fan community.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
Yeah, I do feel some risk is part of what makes playing Sims interesting, even though I manage risk pretty carefully in my game. My sims almost never die accidentally. But, the thing is, I have to work for that!

I do plan to make death configurable though. Some folks who have tested for me were pretty distressed at the idea of dying pets. As an alternative for those who don't want pets to die, I plan to try out a 12-hour unconscious "Recuperating" moodlet so that there is still a penalty for letting wounds or illness get out of control.

That's definitely a good idea!

Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
OK, so I don't really understand this yet, but pet breeds are an "outfit," which is some kind of genetics template in this case? My impression is that you can make an "outfit" out of any sim's genetics, so there's a path to replacing the default definition of a breed with something better created by the fan community.

Interesting, but also slightly confusing. The pet breeds are defined as an "outfit", yes? And are some kind of genetics template, so theoretically I should be able to replace this genetic template with another one. Thing is, where would I find the genetic template or "outfit" for a pet breed?

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 4:55 PM
Interesting, but also slightly confusing. The pet breeds are defined as an "outfit", yes? And are some kind of genetics template, so theoretically I should be able to replace this genetic template with another one. Thing is, where would I find the genetic template or "outfit" for a pet breed?

Heh, yes exactly . I've done some stuff with the breed outfits, but I haven't tried to define or replace any. When. asked questions about breeds elsewhere on the forum, though, I got the impression there were several other modders who had a better idea how this works.

I can look up WHERE they're defined in the code, but I don't know much more about them.

One thing I'd really like to is add a Labrador. There are several lab mixes but no labs.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 1:44 AM
Well alright then! I'll be looking into PETB files sometime tonight.

As for more things for pets; I find that there were lots of really good interactions that dogs and cats had in Sims 2, and I have a particular interest in the ones between the pets and children. I think a good and very interesting project to take on eventually would be importing pet interactions from the Sims 2 to the Sims 3.

Lab Assistant
#30 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 6:16 PM Last edited by LittleCheshire : 14th Jul 2021 at 7:26 PM.
Oof, it's been a minute since I said I would look into PETB files, but I ended up having to postpone doing that because of lack of time, surprisingly.

Well, I have the time now! First things first, can anyone tell me where the FullBuild0_p10 file is? I've been searching for it everywhere on my computer and I've had no such luck in finding it at all.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the file! I'm finally looking into PETB files now.

Page 2 of 2