Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Overhaul -- Interviews And More (UPDATED: 30 May 2021)

by gamefreak130 Posted 30th Jun 2019 at 1:56 AM - Updated 30th May 2021 at 6:40 PM by gamefreak130 : Mod Updated; See "Changelog"

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 159 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#101 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 10:58 PM
This mod is quite awesome! And I once installed the wrong version of this mod once and it broke the game beyond just visual issues, but i did learn a good lession, keep it up!
Test Subject
#102 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 10:47 PM
Default Cannot join careers at rabbitholes
Thanks for making this mod. I really like it! However, I have an issue where I have join careers at rabbithole enabled and the interview for a particular career disabled and still cannot have my sim join the career at the rabbithole as the option to do so does not appear when I click on the rabbithole. For instance, I wanted my teen sim to be a grocery store clerk, but didn't have time to wait for that specific job to appear in the newspaper or computer, so I disabled the required interview and attempted to have her join by going to the grocery store directly, but the option did not appear. Since I have Nraas Career installed, I installed the compatible version of Job Overhaul. Is there perhaps something I'm missing? Could these two mods be stepping on one another's toes in some way?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#103 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilwendy02
Thanks for making this mod. I really like it! However, I have an issue where I have join careers at rabbithole enabled and the interview for a particular career disabled and still cannot have my sim join the career at the rabbithole as the option to do so does not appear when I click on the rabbithole. For instance, I wanted my teen sim to be a grocery store clerk, but didn't have time to wait for that specific job to appear in the newspaper or computer, so I disabled the required interview and attempted to have her join by going to the grocery store directly, but the option did not appear. Since I have Nraas Career installed, I installed the compatible version of Job Overhaul. Is there perhaps something I'm missing? Could these two mods be stepping on one another's toes in some way?

I cannot reproduce this issue with Careers installed. Perhaps some other mod is causing a conflict?

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#104 Old 10th May 2020 at 7:33 PM
Thank you! This makes the game so much more realistic. This kinda forces my sims to have skills or a university degree if they want to make any money .unless I make the whole town criminals .this mod is game changing .
Test Subject
#105 Old 16th May 2020 at 3:55 PM
THank you this is great addition to add more challenge and realism I was seeking. I just noticed an issue with this mod upon going on vacation. My sims are constantly being pushed to go back to base camp or vacation home as soon as they step food out the door and after every single interaction extremely frustrating esp with large travel party to have everyone visit venues and do other activities together. I have pretty much all Nraas including Go Here. I've tried toggling "limit go home for active" in Go Here to no avail. Im not sure what else to do except uninstalling this mod which i really don't want to do. Any ideas?

O i also have the horse boarding mod along with the suggested "no go home for horse" mod. Not sure if those could also be conflicting.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#106 Old 17th May 2020 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeautyWitch
THank you this is great addition to add more challenge and realism I was seeking. I just noticed an issue with this mod upon going on vacation. My sims are constantly being pushed to go back to base camp or vacation home as soon as they step food out the door and after every single interaction extremely frustrating esp with large travel party to have everyone visit venues and do other activities together. I have pretty much all Nraas including Go Here. I've tried toggling "limit go home for active" in Go Here to no avail. Im not sure what else to do except uninstalling this mod which i really don't want to do. Any ideas?

O i also have the horse boarding mod along with the suggested "no go home for horse" mod. Not sure if those could also be conflicting.

I can't seem to reproduce this issue on my end. I'd recommend the 50/50 method to see if there is some sort of conflict between mods.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
#107 Old 20th May 2020 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
I can't seem to reproduce this issue on my end. I'd recommend the 50/50 method to see if there is some sort of conflict between mods.

Ok thank you I'll try that
Test Subject
#108 Old 24th May 2020 at 2:09 PM
Hello this mod seems really cool and promising. Will this mod also affect the way non active jobs get their careers? I have a mod called NRAAS Story Progression im worried that it may conflict with this cool mod.
Test Subject
#109 Old 24th May 2020 at 3:30 PM
Default Thank you!
So much more realistic! And I love the feature where the Sim can go for a class on resume writing and interviewing!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#110 Old 24th May 2020 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JustJohn
Hello this mod seems really cool and promising. Will this mod also affect the way non active jobs get their careers? I have a mod called NRAAS Story Progression im worried that it may conflict with this cool mod.

To my knowledge, there is no conflict with StoryProgression; this mod should not affect inactive behavior in any way.

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#111 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:04 PM
Heya! I noticed a small issue that occurs 80% of the time. But, this is the only career (It's the ghost hunting profession) I'm noticing this with I also want to add that this is always fired by storyProgression (So a townie doing the job), so I'm not too sure if the same counts for actual active sims with this profession.

Nraas's script error says this:

Interactions:
1: Banish Spirits
Gamefreak130.JobOverhaulSpace.Interactions.GoToOccupationJobLocationEx+Definition
Gamefreak130.JobOverhaulSpace.Interactions.GoToOccupationJobLocationEx+Definition
UserDirected

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x00024 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Spawners.Spirit+SpiritPositioningDevice:RemoveSpiritMapTag (Sims3.SimIFace.ObjectGuid) ([vt:9A5AAD9C] )
#1: 0x00072 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Spawners.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Spawners.Spirit:RevealSpirit (bool) (57030180 [1] )
#2: 0x0005b callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.SpiritMaker:MakeSpirit (Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot,bool,Sims3.Gameplay.Interfaces.ISpirit&,bool) ([4D3C9920] [0] [9A5AAC9C] [1] )
#3: 0x0000d call in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.SpiritMaker:MakeSpirit (Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot,bool,Sims3.Gameplay.Interfaces.ISpirit&amp ([4D3C9920] [0] [9A5AAC9C] )
#4: 0x00006 call in Sims3.Gameplay.ActiveCareer.ActiveCareers.GhostHunter+GhostHunterJob:CreateSpirit () ()
#5: 0x00036 call in Sims3.Gameplay.ActiveCareer.ActiveCareers.GhostHunter+GhostHunterJob:SetupTask (Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.TaskId) (5A438480 [153037232] )
#6: 0x0000f callvirt in Gamefreak130.JobOverhaulSpace.Interactions.GhostHunterEx+GoToJobEx:SetupTask (Sims3.Gameplay.ActiveCareer.ActiveCareers.GhostHunter/GhostHunterJob,Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.TaskId) (57030300 [5A438480] [153037232] )
#7: 0x00069 call in Gamefreak130.JobOverhaulSpace.Interactions.GhostHunterEx+GoToJobEx:Init (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstanceParameters&amp (57030300 [vt:9A5AAAD4] )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 2:43 PM
First, LOVE this mod. Thank you for building it. I have a few suggestions about usability - please note I've never built a single thing for this game so ignore if you'd like. Is it possible to make it multiselect when choose which careers have interviews? I use Missy Hissy's additional careers and it is ALOT to go through, part time and full time jobs have the same name, is there a way to group them? Or make them two separate choices? I know careers treats all additional schooling as jobs so if there was a way to do some of the interview changes in bulk it would be life changing!

If not, can we make retired and unemployed False by default the way we do with Alien test subject?
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 11:48 AM
This mod is absolutely amazing and it's such a big part of my gameplay

One thing I'm having issues with is that my sims are not getting promotions anymore. I have to manually promote them. Sims in professions still get promoted, though.

Not sure if you were aware of it yet, so I thought I'ld post it here. I love your mods, they're all great.
Test Subject
#114 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 2:36 AM
I really like this mod and want to download it. But I'm worried it might conflict with No Free Work Performance? Please let me know asap if it'll work with it.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#115 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lessien Vardamir
This mod is absolutely amazing and it's such a big part of my gameplay

One thing I'm having issues with is that my sims are not getting promotions anymore. I have to manually promote them. Sims in professions still get promoted, though.

Not sure if you were aware of it yet, so I thought I'ld post it here. I love your mods, they're all great.

Not a bug, but a feature.

From the description:
Quote:
NEW as of 23 September 2019 Career promotions are no longer automatic or guaranteed. Rather than automatically giving Sims a career promotion upon leaving work with a full performance bar, Sims now have a tunable chance of being offered a promotion (see "Settings" below), and this promotion can be accepted or rejected.

If you don't like the randomness of it, you can set the promotion chance to 100. If THAT doesn't work, let me know.

Quote: Originally posted by Joyius
I really like this mod and want to download it. But I'm worried it might conflict with No Free Work Performance? Please let me know asap if it'll work with it.

Funny you should ask that...I actually have No Free Work Performance installed in my game right now. As far as I know, there should be no conflict.

Test Subject
#116 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 7:08 PM
Hello! This is an amazing mod, I also have Nraas Traveler which gives an error from this mod every time I travel to a different world. If that could be fixed it would make traveling better.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#117 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nikodemonek
Hello! This is an amazing mod, I also have Nraas Traveler which gives an error from this mod every time I travel to a different world. If that could be fixed it would make traveling better.

Can you upload the error log here? (Ignore the auto-link, it points to a thread that has nothing to do with TS3.)

Field Researcher
#118 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:21 AM
This is a great mod. I love making life a little more difficult for my sims.

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere - I read through the description and couldn't find the answer. Do the "Ask for promotion" and "ask for raise" interactions with a Sim's boss still do anything?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#119 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
This is a great mod. I love making life a little more difficult for my sims.

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere - I read through the description and couldn't find the answer. Do the "Ask for promotion" and "ask for raise" interactions with a Sim's boss still do anything?

Those interactions should still work as intended.

Field Researcher
#120 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 8:31 PM
Those interactions should still work as intended.

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 9:52 AM
lol awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 9:42 PM
Does this mod offer professions? I have read about some issue regarding combo rabbit hole. I have downloaded custom world and started a new game. Combo rabbit holes already present in the world. What should I do to them? I can pick up rabbit hole in build/buy mode, but what I should do next - delete and set down the new one or just set down after picking is enough?

2 days and still no professions offered... I will wait a little bit. My wish is Magician. By the way, will the chance increase if I finish Arts degree in uni and then send a resume?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#123 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Extraneo
Does this mod offer professions? I have read about some issue regarding combo rabbit hole. I have downloaded custom world and started a new game. Combo rabbit holes already present in the world. What should I do to them? I can pick up rabbit hole in build/buy mode, but what I should do next - delete and set down the new one or just set down after picking is enough?

2 days and still no professions offered... I will wait a little bit. My wish is Magician. By the way, will the chance increase if I finish Arts degree in uni and then send a resume?

Just picking up and setting down the rabbitholes should be sufficient. And yes, professions are offered at random through the "Browse Classifieds" interactions like Rabbithole careers, although they do not require interviews. If you have NRaas Careers with the Academics module, then getting a Fine Arts degree and uploading a resume will greatly increase your chances of it being offered. If you're impatient, you can use NRaas MasterController to set Sims' jobs manually.

Test Subject
#124 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 8:25 AM
Just picking up and setting down the rabbitholes should be sufficient. And yes, professions are offered at random through the "Browse Classifieds" interactions like Rabbithole careers, although they do not require interviews. If you have NRaas Careers with the Academics module, then getting a Fine Arts degree and uploading a resume will greatly increase your chances of it being offered. If you're impatient, you can use NRaas MasterController to set Sims' jobs manually.

Thank you so much, this makes uni degrees having even more sense to acquire.
Test Subject
#125 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 10:11 AM
Hello! Mod is amazing! But can i ask you?
This mod work only for my family, right? Not for neighbors?
What about make moduls for neighbors?:O
Or maybe im retard, and didnt see settings for them! Sorry!
Page 5 of 9