Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Overhaul -- Interviews And More (UPDATED: 30 May 2021)

by gamefreak130 Posted 30th Jun 2019 at 1:56 AM - Updated 30th May 2021 at 6:40 PM by gamefreak130 : Mod Updated; See "Changelog"

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 159 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Test Subject
#126 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 4:39 AM
Hi!
So I ran into a problem while using this mod.
I installed NRaas careers and I made sure to switch to the correct version of this mod too. But then the UI changed colors, and the camera was working oddly. Some of my mods (including the whole NRaas story progression and its modules) weren't loading at all. I had to delete it and everything went back to normal.
I didn't test with only this mod and NRaas Careers because I was scared of ruining my save even more but I don't have any more career related mods.
Also before installing NRaas careers my sims weren't advancing in their jobs. But I'm almost sure that it wasn't a bug, but a feature I forgot about when I installed University.
Hopefully we can see what was the problem. I always welcome anything that makes my game harder

Edit to add the DLCs I own in case its relevant info:
-Ambitions
-Generations
-Late Night
-Showtime
-University
Space Pony
Original Poster
#127 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyRuby
Hi!
So I ran into a problem while using this mod.
I installed NRaas careers and I made sure to switch to the correct version of this mod too. But then the UI changed colors, and the camera was working oddly. Some of my mods (including the whole NRaas story progression and its modules) weren't loading at all. I had to delete it and everything went back to normal.
I didn't test with only this mod and NRaas Careers because I was scared of ruining my save even more but I don't have any more career related mods.
Also before installing NRaas careers my sims weren't advancing in their jobs. But I'm almost sure that it wasn't a bug, but a feature I forgot about when I installed University.
Hopefully we can see what was the problem. I always welcome anything that makes my game harder

Edit to add the DLCs I own in case its relevant info:
-Ambitions
-Generations
-Late Night
-Showtime
-University

First of all, make sure you're using the latest version of NRaas Careers (Version 87). If you're still having problems, then I would encourage you to try starting a new game with just Careers and my mod installed, to ensure that nothing else could possibly be interfering.

If there are no issues in a new game, then try loading your existing save with just those two mods. I assure you nothing will happen to your save if you do this, so long as you quit the game without saving afterwards. You can even make a copy of the save folder elsewhere for additional peace of mind.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
#128 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
First of all, make sure you're using the latest version of NRaas Careers (Version 87). If you're still having problems, then I would encourage you to try starting a new game with just Careers and my mod installed, to ensure that nothing else could possibly be interfering.

If there are no issues in a new game, then try loading your existing save with just those two mods. I assure you nothing will happen to your save if you do this, so long as you quit the game without saving afterwards. You can even make a copy of the save folder elsewhere for additional peace of mind.

Hi! Thank you for telling me which the last version was. Apparently I only had the StoryProgression Career module, and not NRaas Careers. Sorry for the confusion! I now have both NRaas Careers and the right version of your mod and everything seems to be fine now. I'm going to keep testing to see if my sims can keep progressing on their careers now.

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#129 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 8:06 PM
I absolutely love this mod, but it seems to not love me back? I started a new game in Monte Vista and tried to get my teen a job at the grocery store/diner combo rabbithole. The job shows up fine, but my sim never actually goes to put in her application, the interaction just drops from the queue. I have replaced the rabbithole and done any resets and restarts i could think of. Do you think there is anything you can do about that or am I just going to have to abandon Monte Vista and go back to only basegame/EP worlds where so far I haven't had any issues?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#130 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lille
I absolutely love this mod, but it seems to not love me back? I started a new game in Monte Vista and tried to get my teen a job at the grocery store/diner combo rabbithole. The job shows up fine, but my sim never actually goes to put in her application, the interaction just drops from the queue. I have replaced the rabbithole and done any resets and restarts i could think of. Do you think there is anything you can do about that or am I just going to have to abandon Monte Vista and go back to only basegame/EP worlds where so far I haven't had any issues?

That's an odd issue that I can't seem to reproduce. Does the teen in question have any skills? Are any other Sims able to apply for the same job? Is the teen able to apply to any other part-time jobs? Have you tried replacing the Rabbithole with one that is not a combo?

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
#131 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 2:12 PM
That's an odd issue that I can't seem to reproduce. Does the teen in question have any skills? Are any other Sims able to apply for the same job? Is the teen able to apply to any other part-time jobs? Have you tried replacing the Rabbithole with one that is not a combo?

She did not have any skills, but I tried again after she had gained some skills and the interaction still dropped from the queue after she got up from the computer/put down the newspaper. She was able to apply to the non combo Grocery Store in Sunset Valley just fine, same for the Monte Vista Theatre (I am also using Nraas Careers, with the compatible mod version ofc). I've had the same issue in Aurora Skies with an adult applying to the grocery store/diner or bookstore/spa there.
Might it have something to do with the fact that I only have the Basegame and World Adventures installed right now, aka no EP which has Combo Rabbitholes? Because it definitely seems to me like it's the Combo Rabbitholes that keep refusing to let my sims put in their applications.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#132 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lille
She did not have any skills, but I tried again after she had gained some skills and the interaction still dropped from the queue after she got up from the computer/put down the newspaper. She was able to apply to the non combo Grocery Store in Sunset Valley just fine, same for the Monte Vista Theatre (I am also using Nraas Careers, with the compatible mod version ofc). I've had the same issue in Aurora Skies with an adult applying to the grocery store/diner or bookstore/spa there.
Might it have something to do with the fact that I only have the Basegame and World Adventures installed right now, aka no EP which has Combo Rabbitholes? Because it definitely seems to me like it's the Combo Rabbitholes that keep refusing to let my sims put in their applications.

Okay, I was able to replicate the issue. It does indeed look like a problem with Combo Rabbitholes when only the first two EPs are installed. I'm not quite sure how to fix it yet, but when I find a fix it will be included in the next release.

Lab Assistant
#133 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 7:54 PM
Hi there, is there any way to force specific interviews to spawn, or is it just a matter of waiting? Only because it can sometimes take weeks for a career to come back around if they fail the interview.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#134 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by the_spirit_realm
Hi there, is there any way to force specific interviews to spawn, or is it just a matter of waiting? Only because it can sometimes take weeks for a career to come back around if they fail the interview.

There is no way to force interviews. You could temporarily adjust settings to not require interviews for a particular career, or simply use cheats to force a Sim into a specific career and level.

Test Subject
#135 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 3:51 AM
I recently installed this mod with career compatibility. I can get a professional job at any location, but there is no option for actual careers. The sim in question does not have a degree and cannot upload a resume. My other sim in the same household does have a degree and was able to get an interview for a career. I did not mess with the default settings where a degree is not required and this is the only job mod I have aside from NRAAS Careers. Am I doing something wrong?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#136 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celticgamer0
I recently installed this mod with career compatibility. I can get a professional job at any location, but there is no option for actual careers. The sim in question does not have a degree and cannot upload a resume. My other sim in the same household does have a degree and was able to get an interview for a career. I did not mess with the default settings where a degree is not required and this is the only job mod I have aside from NRAAS Careers. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're having. Is the "Browse Classifieds" interaction not appearing on computers or newspapers? Is the "Accept Career" button greyed out in the job offer dialog? Does the interaction drop out after accepting a career?

Test Subject
#137 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 1:10 AM
I'm not sure I understand the problem you're having. Is the "Browse Classifieds" interaction not appearing on computers or newspapers? Is the "Accept Career" button greyed out in the job offer dialog? Does the interaction drop out after accepting a career?

I may be having the same issue. When browsing classified, I only ever get job postings for professions (firefighter, ghost hunter, etc.) and nothing else. I am using NRaas Careers compatibility as well.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#138 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrUntuckable
I may be having the same issue. When browsing classified, I only ever get job postings for professions (firefighter, ghost hunter, etc.) and nothing else. I am using NRaas Careers compatibility as well.

What expansions do you have? Is this happening regardless of which world you select, or whether you're loading a save vs starting a new game? Does the problem persist when just Careers and my mod are installed?

Test Subject
#139 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 7:21 PM
What expansions do you have? Is this happening regardless of which world you select, or whether you're loading a save vs starting a new game? Does the problem persist when just Careers and my mod are installed?

I have all of the expansion packs, but let my try it with a new save. I can try with and without Careers installed!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#140 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 10:08 PM
NEW UPDATE: JANUARY 16, 2021

Changelog:
  • Added French, Italian, and Spanish translations. Thanks to charmedlp, Sim mania, and plumbello, respectively!
  • Sims can now apply for more than one job and have multiple pending interviews at one time (although they are still restricted to just one career, sorry ). See "Job Interviews" for more info.
  • The number of job offers available at any one time from browsing classifieds is now randomized from a specified minimum to maximum; see "Job Selection Overhaul" for more info
  • In what I have dubbed "The Great Mergening," there is now only one version of the mod (Gamefreak130_JobOverhaul) that will work regardless of whether or not NRaas Careers is installed! The older, Careers-only version will remain in the downloads page for archival purposes, but it will no longer be updated or supported.
  • More detailed information about a Sim's career in the homeworld and the future will be saved and reapplied when time traveling
  • Added a more relevant and less confusing tooltip when an ad for the part-time Film career is shown, but a Sim does not have enough celebrity points to apply
  • The "Job Overhaul Settings" interaction on phones other than a cell phone can now be found under "Jobs and Offers..." alongside all other job-related interactions, rather than "Jobs and Professions..."
  • The process by which mod settings are exported and imported has been changed. This should make importing and exporting a little faster, but EXPORTED SETTINGS FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE.
  • Newspapers will now be properly put away when the "Look Through Classifieds" interaction is cancelled
  • Fixed bug concerning autonomous rereading of books, even when NRaas OnceRead is installed
  • Fixed bug concerning job applications in combo rabbitholes when Late Night is not installed
  • Fixed bug concerning job offer dialogs appearing for Sims not in the active household under certain conditions
  • Fixed bug in which the "Browse Classifieds" interaction would continue displaying job offers even after cancellation under certain conditions
  • Massively refactored all existing code. This (hopefully) should not affect anything on the side of the end user, but it should make my job a little easier in the future
  • Possibly more minor things that I've forgotten about

As this is far larger and more comprehensive than my typical mod updates, please note the following BEFORE you install the new version:
  • As stated above, exported settings from previous versions cannot be imported once you update due to a change in the XML format. If you wish to preserve these exported settings, you can:
    1. Start a new game with the previous version installed
    2. Once in Live Mode, import the exported settings
    3. Save, quit, install the new version, and reload. Your previously-imported settings should still be preserved.
    4. Once in Live Mode, export the saved game's settings to the new format
    5. Rinse and repeat for all settings export files you have
  • All scheduled interviews will be dropped completely when you update. To be extra safe, you can run "Clear Interview Data" from the settings menu to ensure no interviews are scheduled when you install the update, but that is optional.
  • To avoid other unexpected behavior, ensure that no active Sims are in the middle of any interactions or situations related to their current occupation or the job searching process before updating
  • Finally, as usual, it is good practice to clear your caches after updating

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 6:14 AM
I welcome anything that makes my sims' life harder. Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#142 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 3:05 PM
The January 16, 2021 update is impressive! Amazing work as always.
Test Subject
#143 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 4:05 AM
Default Translated file
Mod translation in German! Please let me know if there is any mistake! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#144 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 5:50 PM
Thank you for the update!
Test Subject
#145 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 4:27 AM
Something seems to be not working.
Finally got my Sim go into an interview but when he went into the rabbithole he got ErrorTrap'd and sent back home, interview and all got cancelled.
https://pastebin.com/sLWcTTax
Space Pony
Original Poster
#146 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xander3000
Something seems to be not working.
Finally got my Sim go into an interview but when he went into the rabbithole he got ErrorTrap'd and sent back home, interview and all got cancelled.
https://pastebin.com/sLWcTTax

I assume the Sim got the interview by browsing classifieds and then filling out an application at a Rabbithole? Did you quit the game at any time before the interview? Did the phone interactions to cancel or postpone the interviews appear? Can you reproduce this issue with the same Sim, or was it a one-off?

Test Subject
#147 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 11:04 PM
Since I can't remember all the details I tried again to see if I could reproduce the problem and yes it did exactly the same way.
>I assume the Sim got the interview by browsing classifieds and then filling out an application at a Rabbithole?
Yes
>Did you quit the game at any time before the interview?
No
>Did the phone interactions to cancel or postpone the interviews appear?
Yes
>Can you reproduce this issue with the same Sim, or was it a one-off?
Yes and the same error happens
https://pastebin.com/C3iVp1xU
Space Pony
Original Poster
#148 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xander3000
Since I can't remember all the details I tried again to see if I could reproduce the problem and yes it did exactly the same way.
>I assume the Sim got the interview by browsing classifieds and then filling out an application at a Rabbithole?
Yes
>Did you quit the game at any time before the interview?
No
>Did the phone interactions to cancel or postpone the interviews appear?
Yes
>Can you reproduce this issue with the same Sim, or was it a one-off?
Yes and the same error happens
https://pastebin.com/C3iVp1xU

Thanks for the info. I was able to reproduce the bug; basically, it occurs when the Sim spends too long traveling to the Rabbithole to do the interview. I'll have it fixed for the next release, but in the meantime, you can workaround the issue by teleporting your Sim immediately next to the Rabbithole once you get the reminder to go, then select "Go To Interview" on the Rabbithole itself.

Test Subject
#149 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 10:31 AM
Hi, the Sims 3 Dashboard says this mod conflicts with the NRAAS More Entrypoints mod. I find that weird but not out of the realm of possibility and I wanted to check with you to see if that is right.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#150 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blythelyre
Hi, the Sims 3 Dashboard says this mod conflicts with the NRAAS More Entrypoints mod. I find that weird but not out of the realm of possibility and I wanted to check with you to see if that is right.

Both mods edit the "CollegeofBusiness" XML resource, but make completely different changes. My mod changes the price of the Resume and Interview Techniques class, while theirs increases the rate at which Sims can exit the Rabbithole. If you're comfortable using S3PE, both changes can be merged into one package or the other to eliminate the conflict. Otherwise, pick which change you'd rather have and put the corresponding mod in your overrides folder, and you'll be good to go.

Page 6 of 9