Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Overhaul -- Interviews And More (UPDATED: 30 May 2021)

by gamefreak130 Posted 30th Jun 2019 at 1:56 AM - Updated 30th May 2021 at 6:40 PM by gamefreak130 : Mod Updated; See "Changelog"

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 159 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Test Subject
#151 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 12:52 AM Last edited by blythelyre : 26th Feb 2021 at 1:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
Both mods edit the "CollegeofBusiness" XML resource, but make completely different changes. My mod changes the price of the Resume and Interview Techniques class, while theirs increases the rate at which Sims can exit the Rabbithole. If you're comfortable using S3PE, both changes can be merged into one package or the other to eliminate the conflict. Otherwise, pick which change you'd rather have and put the corresponding mod in your overrides folder, and you'll be good to go.

Thank you for your response! After a million years in this game, you'd think I would be (I even created a mod once), but I'm not willing to mess around with someone else's work. If I put one in the overrides, it will only override that one conflict right? I could put the NRaas mod in the override and still be able to use your mod fully, just with a different price for the class, right?

Otherwise, I choose your mod hands down!

Edit to add: Would using ccmagic do the same thing that S3PE would do?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#152 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blythelyre
If I put one in the overrides, it will only override that one conflict right? I could put the NRaas mod in the override and still be able to use your mod fully, just with a different price for the class, right?

Correct.

Quote: Originally posted by blythelyre
Would using ccmagic do the same thing that S3PE would do?

I don't believe so, although I'm not very familiar with CCMagic.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
#153 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 3:19 AM
Correct.

I don't believe so, although I'm not very familiar with CCMagic.

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#154 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 2:30 PM
Hello, I just love this mod so much!! Keep up the good work, it is apreciated!
I would also like to suggest something I noticed: Maybe you could add an option to allow pregnant women to get interviews?
Thanks for the attention anyways!
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 5:36 AM
If you tune, do you put both the regular file and the tuned file simultaneously in the Mods folder?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#156 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nomiko13
If you tune, do you put both the regular file and the tuned file simultaneously in the Mods folder?

Yes, the tuning file contains only the values to change. The script that runs everything is only in the main download.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#157 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 6:50 PM
Thank you for continuing to support your already great mods!
Test Subject
#158 Old 18th May 2021 at 4:00 PM
Thanks for the wonderful mod, Gamer. Adds a ton of realism to the game. I just have one question: have you known of any players running into problems with applying for jobs at the rabbitholes? I know of the option to turn on or off applying for professions at rabbitholes, but none of the fulltime or part time jobs appear, even if i select the option in the menu.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#159 Old 18th May 2021 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ANerdNamedNova
Thanks for the wonderful mod, Gamer. Adds a ton of realism to the game. I just have one question: have you known of any players running into problems with applying for jobs at the rabbitholes? I know of the option to turn on or off applying for professions at rabbitholes, but none of the fulltime or part time jobs appear, even if i select the option in the menu.

Even if you have "Join Careers on Location" enabled, the option to join the career will only appear if "Requires Interview" is disabled for that career and the Sim is otherwise eligible to join (i.e. correct age, species, etc.). If jobs still aren't appearing, then I would try testing on a new game with just my mod installed to see if there's a potential mod conflict.

Test Subject
#160 Old 20th May 2021 at 4:11 AM
Just found this mod the other day and am having fun trying it out. Quick question, though: I've been running a character for two in-game weeks now, checking both the computer and newspaper listings every day, and have yet to find an offer for the Politics career. I'm guessing I've just had bad RNG luck, but might there be something else stopping me from finding that offer?
Test Subject
#161 Old 21st May 2021 at 4:20 PM
Even if you have "Join Careers on Location" enabled, the option to join the career will only appear if "Requires Interview" is disabled for that career and the Sim is otherwise eligible to join (i.e. correct age, species, etc.). If jobs still aren't appearing, then I would try testing on a new game with just my mod installed to see if there's a potential mod conflict.

Oh, what a relief this is all that it was. Seeing that i never bother to turn off interviews (one of the primary reasons i downloaded the mod), i hadnt considered this possibility. Thanks, again!
Test Subject
#162 Old 21st May 2021 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smoo
Just found this mod the other day and am having fun trying it out. Quick question, though: I've been running a character for two in-game weeks now, checking both the computer and newspaper listings every day, and have yet to find an offer for the Politics career. I'm guessing I've just had bad RNG luck, but might there be something else stopping me from finding that offer?

Just a follow-up to this... I still hadn't found a Political posting, but did notice that a City Hall job for "Retired" was popping up quite often. I went in and disabled the "Retired" job, and the very next day an offer came up for a Political job. Could be a coincidence, or could be that Retired was interfering with Political somehow?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#163 Old 22nd May 2021 at 4:37 PM
Just a follow-up to this... I still hadn't found a Political posting, but did notice that a City Hall job for "Retired" was popping up quite often. I went in and disabled the "Retired" job, and the very next day an offer came up for a Political job. Could be a coincidence, or could be that Retired was interfering with Political somehow?

I'd say it's probably a coincidence. The two careers had separate entries in the settings menu, right?

Test Subject
#164 Old 23rd May 2021 at 2:29 AM
I'd say it's probably a coincidence. The two careers had separate entries in the settings menu, right?

Yes, Retired had its own career, separate from Political. I just thought maybe it searched by location rather than career, but certainly also possible I just got bad rolls.

I noticed I couldn't set the minimum jobs any higher than 3. Is that intentional? I was thinking with so many jobs to choose from, it might be nice to have that at a higher value so the chances of having to wait two weeks for the right offer become vanishingly small.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#165 Old 23rd May 2021 at 4:40 AM
I noticed I couldn't set the minimum jobs any higher than 3. Is that intentional? I was thinking with so many jobs to choose from, it might be nice to have that at a higher value so the chances of having to wait two weeks for the right offer become vanishingly small.

The maximum number of jobs is taken from the existing "kFindJobNumJobOpportunies" tuning attribute of the computers, smartphone, or newspaper, depending on what you use to search. Because the minimum number of jobs is global to all of these, you can't set it any higher than the lowest of these various maximum job values, which by default is the 3 jobs per day offered by the newspaper. If you want to further raise the minimum, you'll want to ensure all of these values are greater than or equal to the minimum you want. You can set this on a per-save basis using NRaas Retuner, or you can set it across all saves using the optional tuning package, which contains all the relevant XML resources so you don't have to go looking for them.

Scholar
#166 Old 25th May 2021 at 7:57 PM
I know your mod hides all the available jobs from the Rabbitholes (which is great) but it also hides the 'Transfer Job Here' option for when a player (i.e me ) has more than one rabbithole for a specific type such as Business or Science careers. I've built quite a few offices to cater for some of MissyHissy's custom careers and Arsil's rabbithole doors to use with the custom careers. Is there a way to have the 'Transfer Job Here' interaction still show up on RHs for sims who already have a job?
Just so I can spread them around and work in different offices? They always seem to default to one Business RH and it's getting a little crowded lol. The alternative is to take out your mod every time I want to transfer a sim. I thought disabling the 'interview' option for the job/career would have it show up, but it doesn't. Thank you.
Edit: I added a screenshot of the Transfer Job Here option on my game with your mod taken out.
Screenshots
Space Pony
Original Poster
#167 Old 25th May 2021 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I know your mod hides all the available jobs from the Rabbitholes (which is great) but it also hides the 'Transfer Job Here' option for when a player (i.e me ) has more than one rabbithole for a specific type such as Business or Science careers. I've built quite a few offices to cater for some of MissyHissy's custom careers and Arsil's rabbithole doors to use with the custom careers. Is there a way to have the 'Transfer Job Here' interaction still show up on RHs for sims who already have a job?
Just so I can spread them around and work in different offices? They always seem to default to one Business RH and it's getting a little crowded lol. The alternative is to take out your mod every time I want to transfer a sim. I thought disabling the 'interview' option for the job/career would have it show up, but it doesn't. Thank you.
Edit: I added a screenshot of the Transfer Job Here option on my game with your mod taken out.

Currently the transfer interaction is always greyed out, which is a bug I will fix for the next release, but it should still show up in the pie menu if interviews are disabled for the job in question and "Join Careers On Location" is enabled. Does it still not appear even in a new game? The Culinary career is a good test candidate for this, since it will appear on both the diner and bistro.

Scholar
#168 Old 26th May 2021 at 4:40 AM
Currently the transfer interaction is always greyed out, which is a bug I will fix for the next release, but it should still show up in the pie menu if interviews are disabled for the job in question and "Join Careers On Location" is enabled. Does it still not appear even in a new game? The Culinary career is a good test candidate for this, since it will appear on both the diner and bistro.

The transfer interaction doesn't show up at all, not even greyed out - it doesn't show up on the pie menu if interviews are disabled or 'join careers on location' enabled. It doesn't appear on a new game either and it doesn't appear on the bistro or the diner.
Scholar
#169 Old 26th May 2021 at 8:17 PM
Here, I've uploaded a test version with some code changes. Does replacing the current release with this package fix anything? If not, try turning on debugging in the NRaas Careers settings; it might force the transfer interaction to appear as greyed out and I can debug based on the message given when you hover over it.

Hey! Yes, it shows up with your Debug version installed (no turning on NRaas Careers debugging necessary (See attached screenshot)
Screenshots
Space Pony
Original Poster
#170 Old 27th May 2021 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Hey! Yes, it shows up with your Debug version installed (no turning on NRaas Careers debugging necessary (See attached screenshot)

Good to hear. I'll clean up the package and update the main download as soon as I am able.

Scholar
#171 Old 27th May 2021 at 1:12 AM
Good to hear. I'll clean up the package and update the main download as soon as I am able.

Thank you! I look forward to it
Space Pony
Original Poster
#172 Old 30th May 2021 at 6:42 PM
NEW UPDATE: MAY 30, 2021

Changelog:
  • Added German translation. Thanks Mirideto!
  • Fixed bug concerning Sims resetting upon entering a rabbithole for an interview after taking a long time to get there
  • Fixed bug concerning the "Transfer Job Here" interaction not appearing

Please clear caches and redownload!

Scholar
#173 Old 31st May 2021 at 7:20 PM
NEW UPDATE: MAY 30, 2021

Changelog:
  • Added German translation. Thanks Mirideto!
  • Fixed bug concerning Sims resetting upon entering a rabbithole for an interview after taking a long time to get there
  • Fixed bug concerning the "Transfer Job Here" interaction not appearing

Please clear caches and redownload!

Thank you for the update, Gamefreak!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#174 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 4:30 PM
Wow! I can't imagine my luck right now! Thanks for making this, and such a pleasant surprise you're still updating it!! I've fallen back in love with the simd 3 and it so cool to see the community so alive
Test Subject
#175 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 12:37 PM Last edited by acrox999 : 3rd Jul 2021 at 12:54 PM.
A couple of questions:

1. Is this compatible with Zerbu's Ultimate Careers mod?

2. How do I use this mod with teenage Sims to apply for part time jobs? I can't seem to find a way to disable degree requirements for teens. Upload Resume interaction is simply blocked due to not having any degrees.

EDIT: Okay for #2, seems like I just had to get a computer and find a job every day. RIP teenage life savings just to get a computer. Should've find a library or something. :p
Page 7 of 9