Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Match Majors - University Majors to Match all Maxis-Made Careers

by charleeheart Posted 26th Mar 2009 at 3:42 PM - Updated 5th Jun 2009 at 8:01 PM by charleeheart

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:12 PM
Downloaded and game went uber slow. o well. Gud job!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 2:20 AM
Great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 10:45 PM
these are neat! I wouldn't be surprised if they get featured, honestly!

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 7:10 PM
This seems to only work if you have few downloads and a strong computer. Mine is only a year old, was a brand new Dell. Yes I have a lot of downloads, But when I put in your mod it completely slowed down everything in University. Sim students moved at frame by frame. I took out your mod and it all came back to normal. Sorry, it was something I thought would be great to have also. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by l_cox
This seems to only work if you have few downloads and a strong computer. Mine is only a year old, was a brand new Dell. Yes I have a lot of downloads, But when I put in your mod it completely slowed down everything in University. Sim students moved at frame by frame. I took out your mod and it all came back to normal. Sorry, it was something I thought would be great to have also. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Wow... my computer is older, and I didn't experience any slowdown. I wonder if you'd be willing test the majors one at a time, to see if there's one specific problem child that slows the game down? And if none of them cause the problem individually, maybe you might try adding them all one at a time to see if there's a slowdown "threshhold", like 10 are fine, and 15 are fine, but slowdown happens at 18??

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head...

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 8:44 PM
Thanks for this awesome work :D
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th May 2009 at 2:55 AM
so weird!! why would you put things we already have on here!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:43 AM
ThanksthanksthanksTHANKS!
Wonderful, plus the descriptions of classes and such was really clever
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th May 2009 at 4:21 PM Last edited by charleeheart : 21st May 2009 at 2:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hev2000
so weird!! why would you put things we already have on here!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So weird! Why would you take the time to comment when you have nothing to say?!?!?!?!

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:33 PM
This is really an awesome concept and I'm very excited about using it in my game... but after I successfully downloaded the majors I wanted, I couldn't find them in my game at all. I had my Uni Sims try to change their major via the computer and telephone but I didn't get any of these new majors as an option. Can someone please help me?? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:06 PM
I had the same problem as CaraBunne. I downloaded the majors, they showed up it the dialog box for me to enable mods but I can't find them for my Sims to study.
Err... help?
#37 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 8:00 PM
Um, have you downloaded the Majors Made Easier mod? It is required to use custom majors, and is linked to in the Overview page.

Thank you, charleeheart, both for the majors *and* for the link to MME [which I *thought* I already had, but apparently didn`t].

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 12:58 AM
I just love this mod, it is so detailed and special, But unfortunately I experienced extreme game slowdown when my second sim selected a major from the mod on the wall.
I tried super reducucing the amount of choices to 16 in my downloads folder and then reloading the game, but unfortunately the same thing happend. My machine is a one year old dual core 2.20ghz with an Nvidia 8600Gt graphics card having 1gb of dedicated ram on the card itself. Also there are 2gb of system ram. I normally run the game with no problems and when I remove the mod completely the slowdown is not there.
Please could you look into it if possible as I would really love to use a mod a good as yours in my game! Please forgive the gripe and thank you so much again!!

Bjazz
#39 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 6:50 PM
Bjazz: What happens if you use the MME to select a custom major, then remove MME? Your Sim should keep the custom major, but does the slowdown go away? Does it slow down for only THESE majors, or for all custom majors?

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:20 PM
Hi,
I did a bare run test, with an 8 member student household and all custom content and mods removed from the game. I then used the mod selector tool and the slowdown happend all the same but I must confess I have not tried the above suggestion in removing the selector tool, also I have never tried any other major mods. only this set.
I will try doing what you suggest 'generaloperationsmanager' and I'll get back to you.
Thanks for the help :-)
#41 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:27 PM
You`re welcome, and I hope some useful information comes out of this. Edit: Could you also please test to see if the slowdown comes with EA/Maxis majors chosen through the MME device?

Test Subject
#42 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 2:38 AM
cool and u should try the fasion designer one it comes with sewer
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 10:10 PM
Default Expansion Q
can i download base game and or open for buisness even if i dont have the expansion: university ^^^^^
i only have pets
and open for business
expansionsp
#44 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 5:37 PM
samrudi, this download would be useless without University, so why do you want it?

Test Subject
#45 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 9:43 AM
Great mod, but wouldn't it be reasonable to include body as one of the focused attributes of the military career/major? Since in reality, you do have to undergo strenuous physical training.

I am a complete and total anime freak.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 10:07 PM
I love these downloads! Perhaps you could tell me how you link a career to a major? I can't figure it out, thanks.
Test Subject
#47 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:50 PM
Amazing ! Thanks sooo much (: <3
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th May 2010 at 8:01 AM
Tanx Wery Mucho!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 6:31 AM
These have replaced my default majors. I used MME to set a real default major and then removed these and then I could use the computer to select the Maxis majors. I don't know if I did something dumb to cause this or what. :/
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thepantherprincess
These have replaced my default majors. I used MME to set a real default major and then removed these and then I could use the computer to select the Maxis majors. I don't know if I did something dumb to cause this or what. :/

This happened to me to. The Maxis majors were overwritten. It was working fine for awhile and I gave my custom dormies some of these majors. Then when playing another Sim, I called the college and the Maxis ones were gone. I would like to either fix or remove them, but I'm worried it will cause problems.

Marebear<3333
Page 2 of 3