Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#226 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 6:26 AM
Well i lost my save file for the other house and had to start over so due to some inspiration from looking at pics i tried to come up with something half decent took me about 3 hours just to make it look right i think i did a good job I'm to tired to do any more than just the outside for now

I don't really like the windows but no other windows look good with it

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Advertisement
Wiki Wizard
#227 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 7:33 AM
wow it looks like a million time better tasia!! With some palm trees on either side of the house it is going to look great! also i think you should look to use an orange or red coloured roof, blacky browns are too dark anyway great start, big improvement!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
#228 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:05 AM
DD, your manor is gorgeous! :lovestruc Judging from the picture, I don't think it's too small. Can't wait to see what the inside looks like.

Tasia, wow, I can't believe that's the same house! It looks so lovely now.
I'm also curious what your interior is going to end up looking like.

Today I'll try to finish the museum. Hopefully I'll be able to show you pictures later on. Oh, and the museum needs to get a name too. Does anyone have a specific preference?
Forum Resident
#229 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 2:04 PM
Here are the pictures of the museum. Please let me know if this is alright.
The terrain paint will change when we have the official map. It's just there for decorative purpose at the moment.

Front:

Side:

Back:

Top:

Details of the arches and fountains behind them:

For the entire museum I tried to keep the cc to a minimum. The things I used are these free store items:

- Statue Of Cupid In Flight (from the Happy Valentines Set)
- Iconic Clown By Angelo (From The Sims Celebrations: In the Dawn of Sims)
- Golden Woman of Prosperity (From The Sims Celebrations: In the Dawn of Sims)
- Beautiful Forest By Pigula Photography (From The Sims Celebrations: Let there be Sims!)
Field Researcher
#230 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 4:18 PM
Thanks DD and Sleepyrose that means so much i actually think i'm Learning lol

Sleepy rose i love the musem its really nice it looks like it will be a big hit and everyone will love it and visit all the time

I have been working on the house and got the first floor done and half of the second floor still need to paint it so here is what i have for now
Front: DD are these palm trees ok not sure if i should use the bigger ones?

Back:

Unfinished Top Floor:

First Floor:

Closeup Of The Gazebo:

You can call me Tasia
Wiki Wizard
#231 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 5:06 PM
Oh tasia, it looks so good now!! The trees are perfect, because it is a small building, small trees work well! i also love the gazebo out the back, that is a nice touch, the inside looks really nice downstairs, interesting plan, i look foward to seeing how you do the upstairs also the front and back in general look really lovely now!

Sleepyrose, the museum look phenomenal now it is all complete, you must have a lot of patience to complete a building like that, i so frequently give up and never complete it! Well done!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#232 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 5:25 PM
Wow, Tasia your house looks great now ! It's warm and very inviting. I don't see what I could say except that I really look forward to see its completion.

Sleepyrose, what an amazing job you did on the museum! It's perfect! Can't wait to see the next building you're going to do. It's gonna rock
Field Researcher
#233 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 7:40 PM
Thanks guys i tried really hard to make it and i love it i'm going to finish the upstairs tonight when i get off work and finish off some simmies also the gazebo was a last minute thing i did and i'm glad you guys like it did a lot of googling to get it right

You can call me Tasia
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#234 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 7:41 PM
Here is my school. It's really far from finished. I still don't know exactly what I want of it. I went for an European elementary school feeling, since it's only a town. I don't like the exterior wall paints I've got right now, so I'll probably change it. Anyway, I thought you'd like to see what I've done so far so here it is:

Wiki Wizard
#235 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 8:35 PM
Heya, ok well i have now finished the outside of my house and the inside floor plan, all i need to do now is decorate and furnish the inside then i'm done with the fishing mansion Here are some pics of it (also i got rid of the palm trees as i don't think we're using them anymore because they have to fit into our NH):

EDIT: also yes i think the first version was more attractive, however it was not very fitting with the theme of our NH so unfortunately the second version will be the final version because it works with the NH.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#236 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 8:52 PM
I really like the back with the pool area and the lavenders and the floor-plan looks nice. However, it's true that I liked better the first landscaping too. Maybe you could keep the wild vegetation impression with high herbs and such but without the palms? You know what I mean? Looks too urban, not wild. The manor is not located in the city center but in the mountains.
Wiki Wizard
#237 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 8:57 PM
Ok i'll see what i can do, if not we'll have to make it a town home XD lol

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#238 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 9:07 PM
Alright What size is your lot BTW?
Wiki Wizard
#239 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:04 PM
um it is 30x40 i believe, so might be too big for the town :/

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#240 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:10 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 9th Mar 2010 at 11:01 PM.
Humm... definitely too big for the town but since it's in the outskirts, I'll transmit it to kiwi-tea and maybe he'll be able to make it fit somewhere. Don't worry

Edit: Sleepyrose, I think since the museum and Ortega's shack are over, once you have checked the vegetation thing, you should post them in the completed buildings thread.
Wiki Wizard
#241 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 11:01 PM
Ok well i won't get to work on it again until tomorrow, then i'll let you know if i can make it more scenic and less towny

Forum Resident
#242 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 12:56 PM
Thank you for the comments on the museum! I'm so happy you guys like it, especially because I've never build anything as big as this. DD, you're right, it takes some patience, but I'm very happy to have the time at the moment. For TS2 I never had the time to really commit to building. At the moment I do and I really would like to learn it for TS3.

Tasia, I love the gazebo! I was really curious to see what you were going to do with the space in the back. When I build the house for Talula and Anita, it took me some time to decide what it was going to look like, because it's a pretty long lot. You made it look really nice.

Lana, the school is already looking great. Like it's been a part of the town for ages. I can imagine all the ancestors have gone there and I love that idea! The default school really misses that feeling.

DD, the house is just wonderful. Can't wait to see how it looks when it's more scenic.
Forum Resident
#243 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 1:53 PM
Ok, I have a dumb question:
I've uploaded Antonio Ortega's fishing shack, but my post looks like a mess compared to DD and Charming.
How do you guys do that? How do you wrap your pictures into pretty thumbnails?
Also, I've never uploaded to MTS, but I noticed that your download links are from MTS. Can I just upload the finished stuff here?
Sorry if I sound like a complete dumbo, but I want a pretty post too!
Field Researcher
#244 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 2:00 PM Last edited by SimGirlTasia232 : 10th Mar 2010 at 2:31 PM.
Thanks sleepyrose i had to think about it and erase alot of things i did back there then my mother said give it a gazebo and i was like OMG yes lol

Lana: the school looks great i do like the outside walls though I guess i like all brick types

DD: the house is lovely and i think with more vegetation it will look great can't wait to see how it turns out

Edit: Almost finished with the house and will post pics soon. Also Lana i started building the Vineyard on a 20x20 lot is that ok

Edit 2: Sleepyrose the way to get the pics like that is to go advanced and upload them via the pic uploader at the almost bottom of the page and to get your download to show like that package your lot in a rar or zip file and upload it the same way you did the pics and it should show like that

You can call me Tasia
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#245 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 2:30 PM
Thanks guys

Sleepyrose, when you're posting under the writing thread there's an additional options window. In there, you've got a manage attachments button. You click on ti and you'll be able to upload your pictures and your lot there.

Edit: Tasia, this should be ok but I can't guaranty at 100% that kiwi-tea will be able to make it fit with his map. We'll do our best.
Forum Resident
#246 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 3:48 PM
Thank so much Next time I should have a better look, lol!

I'd like to upload the museum. The only things that still need to be done are the cc paintings of Lilith and the text for the sign. Will it be a problem if this is not finished yet?

Also, I'm thinking on working on a starters house. The smallest lots I have are 10x10 and 10x20/20x10. What do you think of these sizes?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#247 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 4:27 PM
You're right I haven't thought of that even if that is not big issue since you'll still be able to make changes. As you want

10x10 is a little bit square I would rather go for 10x15 (if you find one) or 10x20.
Wiki Wizard
#248 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 5:13 PM
Okay, i have changed the roof colour to the same tiles as the first version but slightly darker so it fits better and i have added more vegetation, here are the finalised exterior shots of the house now:

So how does it look now? It has the same jungle styled rural landscaping, and then has trim structured borders. I have done this because it is the mansion house so they would want to keep it tidy and presentable, so we have controlled shrubs and wild vegetation Personally it is my favourite of the 3 versions

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#249 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 5:31 PM
Colorful, wild, yet very manorish (is that word exist?:p). I love it :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#250 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 6:35 PM
I love the Manor is awesome i can't wait to how it fits on the map

I have been doing the Vineyard and got the most part done so here is whats done as of now just the ouside have to finish the inside of it and figure out how to get a window in the middle of the roof. It has all grape varietys and all fruit trees including flame fruit and life fruit also watermelons .

Front

Back

You can call me Tasia

Page 10 of 51