Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#151 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 10:19 PM
Thanks very much for the feedback, guys!

Lana, you're right about the roof. I'll keep on working on that.

Yes, Charming, I used various shades of pink and purple. But then I noticed that Anita was going to be the roommate. Her color is yellow. So I also used a cream-ish yellow, because that will fit with the pink.

Delux, thanks very much. You're an excellent builder, so that means a lot to me!
A tree in the front is a good idea, so concider that done.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#152 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:21 PM
Sleepyrose and Charming, since you're almost finished, maybe there's a new building you'd like to build? Oh, and if any of the builder would want to claim a building on the list, tell me so that I can note on the list that it's going to be yours

I've added the school for me but if anyone else really wants to do it, that's not a problem.
Wiki Wizard
#153 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:25 PM
sleepyrose, you can call me DD, that is what everyone on her calls me

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 12:21 AM Last edited by SimGirlTasia232 : 2nd Mar 2010 at 12:37 AM.
Sleepyrose that looks amazing i love the big windows and the colors i know Talula and Anita are going to love it

I'd like to give building a shot I do build lots for my Sims but never shared any i would like to do the Costa House and the Mancini House Although i don't think i'm any good at it but why not grow in building with you guys here to help me out Just need to know what size lots they have to be i don't want to start on the wrong size lot

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
#155 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:53 AM
Okay, Lana, I'll add the Swordfish Bar & Grill to the Completed Buildings thread soon and start working on something new. Yay! I can't decide what to do next, though. Lol. I choose...the Business/Journalism Career rabbit hole. I'm thinking, maybe we could make it the fish trading company office that belongs to one of the wealthier sims in the hood.

And you should definitely give building a try, SimGirlTasia. Learn with us! I'm still getting used to it myself but it's fun.
Forum Resident
#156 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 2:48 AM
Hey guys, I take it that most of you have already seen this thread with the rabbit hole recolors?
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=391737
I think it would be awesome if we could do something like that in mediterranean colors? What do you think?

Tasia, how wonderful that you're also going to build a lot! I love the sims you've made and I'm very excited to see how Talula and Anita are going to respond to the house. If you would like to test it, then let me know.

For a new building, I would like to give the museum a try, if that's alright by you. I'm looking at the map at the world development thread, but I can't make out where it's going to be exactly. And I also wouldn't mind making a family home. Let me just check out the inhabitants again.....
Would it be ok if I build Antonio Ortega's fishing shack?
Just let me know what the proper sizes would be.
Field Researcher
#157 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 3:02 AM
Thanks guys hopefully i can build something great but i'm going to get started tonight before i go to bed... My biggest flaw is when it comes to painting and landscaping that's where i fail.

Edit: Sleepyrose i can't wait to see Antonio's shack it would be cool if he could have a pond in his backyard for those lonely night when he wants to just fish and think about his wife

You can call me Tasia
Forum Resident
#158 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 3:29 AM
Tasia, Antonio will definitely get a pond in his backyard
Wiki Wizard
#159 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 7:41 AM
sleepyrose, we are going to be using those new carpets, found here: http://www.customsims3.com/smf/inde...pic,1931.0.html that enable us to completely build our own rabbit holes, that way we don't have to use maxis ones

Field Researcher
#160 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:49 PM Last edited by SimGirlTasia232 : 2nd Mar 2010 at 2:00 PM.
Sleepyrose: i forgot to mention that i would definitely play test the house for you once it all done just PM me if you want to

Also i'm going to start with the Costa family house then i'm going to do the Mancini house and i'm going to include an nursery in their house for future baby making purposes lol their kids will be beautiful

You can call me Tasia
Forum Resident
#161 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 6:11 PM
DD, I don't know where my mind was, lol! Of course, those carpets make much more sense!

Tasia, you'll be able to test the house soon. I've finished the courtyard and changed the roof. Just want to run these pictures by all of you.

Front:

Added a couple of trees.
The roof doesn't overlap the windows anymore and is now a little higher in the middle.

Courtyard:

Hope you guys like it this way!

And I've started building Antonio Ortega's fishing shack on a 10x20 lot.
Field Researcher
#162 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 6:21 PM
Sleepyrose I love it and the courtyard looks awesome... The roof is awesome i love it... and i can't wait to see what his shack will look like. also how did you get the 10x20 lots?

You can call me Tasia
Wiki Wizard
#163 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 6:33 PM
sleepyrose, that looks fantastic!! you're a really talented builder, your finishing touches make the house look great!

Forum Resident
#164 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 6:35 PM
Thank you so much, DD!
#165 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 9:16 PM
The courtyard looks great, Sleepyrose. Anita could spend a lot of time there, contemplating life.

And Lana, if you're reading this, did you have anything in mind for the Business/Journalism building? Cause I'd be happy to give it a try but wanted to know if you had any specific guidelines. Would it be the fish trading company? Or the newspaper office?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#166 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:01 PM
Tasia, welcome to the building team ! Don't worry we'll help you and I'm sure you'll come up with something great. That's what so nice about feedback, it allows to learn from each other. I am still a noob builder but I'll try to guide you the best I can with what I already learned For the sizes, you could check the map I'm going to post just after responding here. Not all buildings have sizes yet but you can take one that has already sizes.

Sleepyrose, you're indeed a talented builder You don't have to choose, you could do both the museum and antonio's shack. There's still a lot to do.

Charming, you could do both buildings in one: a little town journal and the fish company. If you want to see where i'll be you can look in the map.

Can't wait to see all these new buildings
#167 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:02 PM
Thanks, Lana. I'll try to make it work with both. I checked out the map but it doesn't say where I should build. And I don't know where to get the 25x12 lots. Can I use 30x20?

EDIT: Oops! I just saw the new map. Thanks for the info...lol. Forget what I mentioned above. Hehe.
Forum Resident
#168 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:46 AM
Thank you guys for your sweet comments! Your feedback helped me out so much!

Tasia, sorry, I didn't see your post earlier on. Yesterday I did some searching and came across these bare maps with empty lots in various sizes. This girl made them especially for building purposes. That's how I got the 10x20 lot for Antonio's shack.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=2043707
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=2038948
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=1712077

Maybe these can help us out, until we get a world ready. It sure beats looking through Sunset Vally and Riverview to find a proper sized lot.
Field Researcher
#169 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 2:14 AM Last edited by SimGirlTasia232 : 3rd Mar 2010 at 3:15 AM.
Thanks Lana hopefully i will do an ok job with them i'm going to get started tonight

Sleepyrose: thanks for the links they are really helpful i'm going to check them out now

Edit: Sleepyrose those worlds are wondeful so many sizez to choos from but i have one question Lana should i build on 10x10 or 20x20 there isn't any 12x25 or was that 25x12? not sure i may have it backwards lol

You can call me Tasia
Field Researcher
#170 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 2:35 PM
Ok so i have been doing some work on the Mancini house and here's what i got so far. It's not finished but almost there. Not sure about the colors of the outside of the house. I have alot more landscaping to do.

You can call me Tasia
#171 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 2:37 PM
Wow, I really like the front and the layout, SimGirlTasia. You might want to rethink the exterior walls, though. Maybe change the blue/grey sides? But I do like your landscaping. It's better than what I'd do cause I normally don't even bother to add trees...lol. Keep it up.
Field Researcher
#172 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 2:47 PM
Thanks charming i am searching in game now for a new exterior lol i'm trying to find the perfect one but all of them seem to have horrible borders lol but i'll find one i hope i'm going to star furnishing and hopefully get inspiration for something in the back of the house

You can call me Tasia
Field Researcher
#173 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 5:50 PM
Ok i redid the outside and done some more landscaping and furnished the first floor here are the results.

Outside

Back Of House

Kitchen

Dining Room

Bathroom

Living Room I see the T.V is blocking to window i will fix that

Entry Way

Sorry for the crappy pics

You can call me Tasia
Wiki Wizard
#174 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 6:07 PM
I love the inside but there needs a bit of work on the outside The roof needs to be a red or orange colour to start with, secondly, the walls are far too modern and greyscale, you want to use proper stone covering with warm yellow and orange tones to give it a true italian feel! Also at the front, the second floor, you should delete that single tile door, and put in a double door which is in the middle of the house, centered; then you need to move those 2 windows on each side of it inwards to be directly next to the double door

Lastly, i think you should change the colour and texture of the windows and doors to a nice warm wood.

Hope that helps!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#175 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 6:06 PM
It's a really nice house tasia Now we're just going to have it look more european and fit more with the town. We'll deal with the exterior first and we'll see the interior then.

First, what is the size of the house? Looks big to me but I may be wrong. Second thing, your house's sides are too far from the limits. We want an intricate town so the sides needs to almost touch the limits. Third, the choice of the walls, windows, door and roof are not really fitting with our town. If you need me to be more precise I can, Otherwise you could just look at the pictures I posted and at the buildings already built for inspiration.

Page 7 of 51