Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blacksmith Crafting Station and Suit-of-Armor Servo!

by Phaenoh Posted 17th Apr 2010 at 12:56 AM

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 79 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 4:59 AM
this is Brilliant!! It would be great to have one just a statue, too. maxis never gave us any suits of armour statues!
Field Researcher
#52 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 1:16 PM
I don't know if I have a problem or not. I built a servo but haven't activated it yet. It doesn't look like a knight. Is this correct, will it look like a knight after it's activated?

I double checked, and I do have your default replacement file installed. I wanted to take pictures when I "activate" the knight. If I have a conflict somewhere, I'd like to weed it out before I activate the servo.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 6:50 PM
It will look like a knight after you activate it. The picture I have was taken of it just seconds after it was activated, before it stood up. It proved to be a little too difficult in the time I had to change them both, and its kind of interesting how the shapes morph into each other. Have fun!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:18 PM
That's great news, thanks! I was really afraid I was going to have a long search for a conflict.
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 4:48 AM
This is wonderful! I can't wait to try it out in game! Looking forward to your other pieces for this set...and maybe a servo/knight recolors?
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:24 AM
Awesome! I love this. Thanks! :D

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 4:02 AM
I would love something like this if it didn't replace all the servos.
Test Subject
#58 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 5:33 AM
I like the design but can you create one that doesn't replace the servo because I like both of them. If you try this than ill download it ok.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 12:22 AM
No one has been able to make a non-replacement version of a servo that I know of. Sorry guys!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 7:09 AM
Im so very super impressed by these inventions of yours, that when I saw that I couldnt avoid making this face O_________O
Field Researcher
#61 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 7:09 AM
Im so very super impressed by these inventions of yours, that when I saw that I couldnt avoid making this face O_________O OMG
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 8:08 PM
This is the coolest thing... and I love it to bits. Not just as a wonderful addition to medieval neighbourhoods, but also for my stranger sims. Brill!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 12:43 PM
can this be convered to sims 3??
Test Subject
#64 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 10:14 PM
Default Attack Servo
Quote: Originally posted by Begoth_Princess
Any chance you could figure out a way to make your suit of armor servo work as security? See my boyfriend is working on a medieval castle and he needs servos or sims to stand at attention next to the wall and act like a home security system. (like the wall security system, basically have an alarm go off when a thief comes in.) Have any ideas on how to do this?

I know this post goes back some 6 months, but I came across a mod just recently that appears to be able to do exactly what you're asking. The mod is by SimWardrobe. It's located under Sims2>Objects>Robots>ServoSecuritySystem
The controler itself might not fit into the medieval theme, but I believe that Parsimonious has some "cover ups" to fix that problem.

Happy Simming!
Test Subject
#65 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 1:06 PM
Firstly I want to thank you for making such an Awesome Mod! , also i know that this mod goes back a long time but I ran into some problems...I built a servo , which doesn't look like a knight even after i activate it. The "knight"-Servo however seems to be smudge with some blue paint (male-servo) around his head.

I have also tried to check if any mod is conflicting with this but it does not seems that any of them are. I have tried Reinstalling your mod and it does not seems to fix the problem. I have also referred to the help thread and deleted my cache files but it doesn't seems to work. Sorry but i hope someone can help me with this! )':

However this is a great mod still!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#66 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 6:51 PM
This is awesome! Honestly, I think your crafting station looks better thatn the Maxis version. And the idea of the knight servo is lovely. One thing - I feel horrible for asking for it, but is there any chance you'll come up with replacements for the other robots the station makes? Maybe the flying ones could only show up as a glowing ball of light, and the ones on the ground... I don't know, something simple that wouldn't glue you to the meshing program for a day. A miniature statue of a saint or catapult... anyway, it would be awesome but if not, I'm happy with this beautiful crafting statin. I love working medieval stuff!
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#67 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:34 PM
While the meshing itself is simple enough most times, though the simple stuff would still have me glued to Milkshape all day to do all them, I tend not to revisit my projects after I've finished them. I just have other stuff on my plate at the moment and my new sims projects always end up having a higher priority than the old stuff. Sorry :\
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#68 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 4:42 PM
Oh my god, this is... BRILLIANT!!! Wow! Thank you soooo much, I absolutely love this (no need to redo anything in my eyes - well, would be nice of course but I can live very well with it ;-))) Simply.. WOW!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:37 AM
I have found an error. I searched your package and found the werewolf head GMDC was missing. Either you can fix it yourself, or I can, if you teach me how to link a GMDC with a texture. I will also send you a PM to make sure you see this.

Press Button, Receive Bacon...
Deadly Assassin Ninja...on a tricycle...
Paste this anywhere as an image for funnyness:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgoqvf9uYT1qafrh6.gif
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#70 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 4:23 AM
Ill just search around then...
Field Researcher
#71 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 4:28 AM
Found it! PJSE Body Mesh Tool

Field Researcher
#72 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 4:29 AM
Thank you, Peter! Love ya!

Field Researcher
#73 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 1:09 PM
Will work on it in a bit, as soon as I ditch Theater Tech so I have more time to myself...sure, that means losing a potential 1/2 credit of Fine Arts, but I don't give a crap...personal time is more important...

Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 6:20 PM
Where does this show up in the game? It isn't in Hobby->Miscellaneous.
But I have had problems lately with modthesims, some objects just don't show up in the game. I wonder why. I have all the required expansions...
Field Researcher
#75 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 1:31 AM
Phae, I just can't seem to find the time or a good enough computer to do this.

Page 3 of 4