Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 12:08 AM
Default Sims 1 vs. Sims 2 vs. Sims 3 for Creators
Which game do you think is more creator freindly, or do you prefer to create more for? 1, 2, or 3?

For me I really like 2 the best as a creator, probably because I already know how to do pretty much everything in it custom content wise. And modding the sims 2 is so much fun with all the vast sources of knowledge on creating for it out there.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
Which game do you think is more creator freindly, or do you prefer to create more for? 1, 2, or 3?

For me I really like 2 the best as a creator, probably because I already know how to do pretty much everything in it custom content wise. And modding the sims 2 is so much fun with all the vast sources of knowledge on creating for it out there.

I'd go with TS2 as well. There's much more you can do for it. TS3 seems to have many more limitations set than TS1 and 2

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 3:37 PM
I think a lot of it depends on the expansion packs and the developments made from it. Comparatively, I think TS1 with all of the expansions was easier than the base TS2. And a fully expanded TS2 is much easier than TS3, but I think the years of using previous versions makes it easier too. If that makes sense.

That being said, I think TS3 is much more realistic and has a better floor and different kinds of freedoms. Like being able to be more flexible with garage placement, being able to bring the edges of the buildings within one square of the edge of the lot, rather than two... things like that.

I am excited to see what future expansions bring, since each expansion really does expand the brand.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 1:34 AM
The Sims 2> The Sims 1> The Sims 3
I only play the sims for building things so the rabbit holes in sims 3 really annoyed me.
Theorist
#5 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:33 PM
TS3 for sure, I'm biased since the only thing I ever created in TS2 were lots and a couple very simple recolors. I learned how to create for TS3 and it seems easier then when I tried to create in TS2. The other thing I enjoy is that basically everything has been done in TS2 (I know that not everything has been done, but way more than TS3) in TS3 I can still find a lot of things that have never been done.

Hi I'm Paul!