Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nu Central Park - Now Open to Public !

by battousan Posted 19th Jul 2009 at 1:44 AM - Updated 21st Jul 2009 at 7:04 PM by battousan : updated the 64x64 version..

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 4:38 AM
How do I delete the old lot to put this on it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slinkyatrest
How do I delete the old lot to put this on it?

click the bottom-left (...) button, click edit town.
use the bulldozer tool to delete the old park.
now browse through the community lot library (it's the tab with a park bench logo in it),
pick the new lot, then place it where you want it.

I hope it's clear enough, because it's hard to explain a text-less GUI without using screenshots. ^^

it's in the instruction manual page 26 btw..
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:51 PM
Awesome! I wanted a more modern replacement and I wasn't doing so well.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 8:58 PM
Hi Battousan !

Your work is awesome, very nice, well balanced.
I specially like :
- the fully filled fish ponds w/ many spicies jumping out the water
- the little leveling up of the trees : I'm a little wed up w/ those too flat gardens, specially when seen from ground level.

But, ('cause a real critisize allways comes w/ pros and cons)
I'm really missing the gardening aspect of the game, not a vegs or a tree to harvest in your park. If I find time between all my simmies stories and my creations (and real life), I'll try to update it that way, I saved a sim who's got all skills needed ...

Last : As I tested it yesterday, I wonder if one can find seeds or rocks on that lot as one can find in the original ... I'll test anyway.

Much thanks for sharing us your work !!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tchoa91
But, ('cause a real critisize allways comes w/ pros and cons)
I'm really missing the gardening aspect of the game, not a vegs or a tree to harvest in your park. If I find time between all my simmies stories and my creations (and real life), I'll try to update it that way, I saved a sim who's got all skills needed ...

Last : As I tested it yesterday, I wonder if one can find seeds or rocks on that lot as one can find in the original ... I'll test anyway.

yeah, sorry about the missing harvest.. I was too concerned with fishing spawners and completely forgotten about that aspect..

And about seeds/rocks/insects, I'm afraid no, the insects/seeds/rocks spawners are not included with the lot..
I'm still trying to find a way to do that because the trick that I used against fishing spawners won't work with butterflies and the rest..

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback, I realize this lot still needs more work (thus the number 0.9 )
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 10:13 PM
Love it love it :D!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by battousan
it took me 2 minutes flat on a dual-core 2.4ghz/2gb-ram/geforce7600..
obviously because it's already cached..

I suggest you frequently defragment your harddrive.
Because sometimes the game creates some cache files, and every time you play, those files are silently being modified in the background (and usually making it badly fragmented)

and another tip, avoid having less than 10% free space on your harddrive.

I'm having the same issue that she had. My game refuses to install your park, even though I can install this monster. http://www.modthesims.info/d/363700 ... which has more items, and a larger filesize, and this was not previously cached, and loaded for me in around 7 minutes. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it annoys me. I've tried both versions of your park. And on different lots. I've even tried exiting everything while trying to load it, everything but the task manager, which I used to watch what happens when the lot is loading.

When loading most lots, the KBs used by the program go up. Oddly, when I try and install your lot, first it goes up, then it starts dropping, and if I leave it loading for around 20 minutes, it will start dropping drastically, to the point where sims uses less KBs than Firefox normally does (around 115,000-150,000) which is insane, as it usually uses around 800,000-1,200,000. Could you please look into this? Maybe it has something to do with patching? (I'm fully patched, 1.4..) .. because really, if I can load that other lot, (which is residential, 64x64, and has mucho furnishings, ect.) .. I really should be able to load your park without issue.
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:32 PM
Looks absolutely fantastic, just downloaded it. Gonna put it in my game now, I'll save the default Central Park to the Library for future relocation. Anyways, thanks. You are truly fantastic!

BTW: Love ur little piccie!

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'

Try not to call me SoulfulSammi, my nickname is
SouLi....
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 8:11 AM
Tried it last week and forgot to get back to you

Greatt... its perfect.

One tip: It's a liiiitttlle crowded. But it's still perfect. :D

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'

Try not to call me SoulfulSammi, my nickname is
SouLi....
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 4:40 AM
I'm going to let my sims stay in this park forever... :lovestruc

Great work! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 1:14 AM
Where should I place this lot?
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 2:05 AM
i think u are STAR★
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 5:17 AM
you are so creative! thanks for this lot. cannot wait to see it in game
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 9:41 AM
totally cool! so much better than the original central park
Test Subject
#40 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:18 PM Last edited by quolochet : 31st Dec 2009 at 9:43 PM.
I really do love this park but it didn't fit in with the environment I made. I've changed almost every community lot in Sunset Valley to make it look a little less harsh and more natural (not so city looking, it is still a town..) so this park was slightly too modern for me.

Getting to my problem..I forgot to save the old Central Park as a copy just in case and now I can't get it back. Any help?

Also, it would be fantastic if you could make a woodsy/cozy park if you had the time.

Again, this park is fantastic but I just can't find a use for it yet. Really nice work though, I've downloaded a car and a house too so I'll be checking back for more

----------------

Nevermind! I just started a new game, packaged the park from an original Sunset Valley neighborhood, went back to my saved/active game and placed it there and.....Success! ;D
Test Subject
#41 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 11:29 AM
i love this but it's laggy as hell for some reason
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:26 PM
I can't add this to the summerhill court area for some unknown reason.
I've tried Big Park, Small Park, Art Gallery and, Visitors allowed but, the bench icon keeps disappearing when I try to place a copy somewhere.

What is going on? >_>
Test Subject
#43 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 9:11 PM
Excellent thanks
Test Subject
#44 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 12:39 PM
It's amazing! thank you! finally i found the perfect park for Sunset Valley
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 7:45 AM
WOW! this is amazing! many kudos!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#46 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:31 AM
This is beautiful--I always hated the default park in Sunset Valley and this is my favorite version up for download! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 21st May 2013 at 2:25 AM
This looks absolutely amazing!
Page 2 of 2